RECONSTUCTION RE IS HAVING HOPEFULLY ONE FINAL SURGERY

2»

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

that sounds like a good plan! Keep us posted for when your surgery will be.
    We love you,RE!

Good luck
    Sounds like a plan! Good luck to you Re!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Wow, isn't it amazing what
    Wow, isn't it amazing what they can do today??? Sure all sounds complicated to me but they do it all the time. My best to you RE, I hope it all goes without a hitch and you and your new girl will live happily ever after :) By the way, I can't take my eyes off that little granddaughter of yours, everytime I look, she makes me smile. She is TOOOOO
    sweet!!

hugs
    jan
  • Ltalcott
    Ltalcott Member Posts: 119
    Akiss4me said:

Whew....
    Didn't realize so much was involved to get a nipple! This is what went through my head about reconstructing a nipple the simple way.....they took suctures and did a basting stitch in a circle where they wanted the nipple to be, both ways, then pulled tight together to pucker it, and let it heal like that! Of course, everything in my head is simple!! Pammy

new nipples
    Pammy,

There are different ways to construct nipples. I just had two made on 8/4, and they are healing well and look natural. They did tatooing at the same time.

The doctor cut and rolled the skin up and sutured it. He also put some epidermis with all the cells scraped off, then tightly rolled up, to give the nipple some substance. He explained this all quickly, so I probably have it all wrong. However, I know they didn't graft skin from anywhere.

The tatooing didn't take very well, so we're going to go back and fix it, and also I'm going to have my "dog ears" taken off. "Dog ears" are excess skin that is on each hip from where they took the fat to make the new breasts.

Amazing what they can do. Reconstruction, not enhancement, but I look pretty darn good!

Lisa
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Wow, isn't it amazing what
    Wow, isn't it amazing what they can do today??? Sure all sounds complicated to me but they do it all the time. My best to you RE, I hope it all goes without a hitch and you and your new girl will live happily ever after :) By the way, I can't take my eyes off that little granddaughter of yours, everytime I look, she makes me smile. She is TOOOOO
    sweet!!

hugs
    jan

It is amazing what they can
    It is amazing what they can do and it does sound complicated. I agree with Jan. But, how great they can do it. Good luck to you RE!

♥ Kylez ♥
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Ltalcott said:

new nipples
    Pammy,

There are different ways to construct nipples. I just had two made on 8/4, and they are healing well and look natural. They did tatooing at the same time.

The doctor cut and rolled the skin up and sutured it. He also put some epidermis with all the cells scraped off, then tightly rolled up, to give the nipple some substance. He explained this all quickly, so I probably have it all wrong. However, I know they didn't graft skin from anywhere.

The tatooing didn't take very well, so we're going to go back and fix it, and also I'm going to have my "dog ears" taken off. "Dog ears" are excess skin that is on each hip from where they took the fat to make the new breasts.

Amazing what they can do. Reconstruction, not enhancement, but I look pretty darn good!

Lisa

Hmmmm....
    Maybe that is why I had what I had in my mind!! Thanks for the explanation. Pammy
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Meeting with mine
    I am meeting with my plastic surgeon on 9/9 to see when the exchange surgery will be. I was told 3 months after chemo treatment so maybe end of October or early November. I want to get it done before 2010 so I won't have to meet another deductible and right now my insurance is paying 100% since I met my out of pocket for this year.

Good luck to you RE!

Hugs,
    Margo

Good luck with your future
    Good luck with your future surgery too Margo!

Sue :)
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Kylez said:

It is amazing what they can
    It is amazing what they can do and it does sound complicated. I agree with Jan. But, how great they can do it. Good luck to you RE!

♥ Kylez ♥

:)
    RE, wishing you the best of luck with your surgery! You know I will be praying for you!

Lex♥