peggy day 4 very upset

peggypeggy
peggypeggy Member Posts: 111
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
had day 4 but have celulotis dont know if i spelled right breast inection oncologist says very common but i say not i had surgery will be 6 weeks monday never had infection i had done at hershey medical now thats to far to drive every day for rads so went to a closer hospital here now after 4 days radiation i have this started antibiotic yesterday and day five today am going to hershey next week to see what happened here another unexpected has any one here ever had god bless luv peggy i see online this is common but still dont understand breast is light pink and warm oncologist says not from rads yet so this celulotis

Comments

• outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    No,I havn't
    had that problem,but I hope that antibiotics and the doctor's care can clear it up! Sorry about the road block,Peggy...
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Peggy
    Hope that things get better. Im sorry that you have an infection. Just another roadblock you have to hurdle over. Take care
    laura
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Do you mean cellulitis?I
    Do you mean cellulitis?I understand it is very common. That was why my Oncology surgeon gave me a prescription for Keflex when I went on vacation. Actually, I thought I was getting it in my one lower leg, it felt warm and there was a rashlike look to my lower leg near my ankle, but I thought I would wait till I got home unless it looked worse. I think for me it was all the standing in one place waiting in line to go on rides at Disney world, waiting for the stupid buses,etc. Plus the heat,etc. It went away, so maybe it was something else. But my neighbor got it from falling through her back porch floor. I was the one who recognized it was cellulitis. I had seen it often enough working in a Nursing Home. It happens with almost ANY assult to your skin/tissues, it doesnt even have to be visable. But you are right in saying in you didn't think it was common,I don't think it is either, it usually occurs in your lower extremities. So, I guess just take the antibiotic and I hope it helps you feel better ((((HUGS))))
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Cellulitis
    I have heard of cellulitis and with breast cancer, I associate it with lymphedema, because if lymph nodes are removed then the body doesn't fight infection as well. When I was receiving rads, I met a bc survivor who had cellulitis.

My son had cellulitis from a snake bite (brown recluse). An antibiotic cleared it up,as your antibiotic will clear up yours. . You just want to take care of it. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    So sorry, Peggy
    Yes, I have heard of this. Like others have said, the antibiotic will clear it up. Infections can happen right away or take a while to be noticed because it finally surfaced or became strong enough. Hang in there and keep us posted. Pammy
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Akiss4me said:

So sorry, Peggy
    Yes, I have heard of this. Like others have said, the antibiotic will clear it up. Infections can happen right away or take a while to be noticed because it finally surfaced or became strong enough. Hang in there and keep us posted. Pammy

Peggy
    I am so sorry. I have never heard of this, but, it looks like it is common. You caught this early and now are on antibiotics, so, you will be fine now. We are all here cheering for you. Feel better soon!

Sue :)
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    It certainly seems like a
    It certainly seems like a classic case of cellulitis to me! It is treated with antibiotics, so make sure you take them! Sorry that this happened; just when we think we have things under control~ a curveball gets thrown our way! But take heart, it is treatable, and you will be feeling better soon!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I've had cellulitis on my
    I've had cellulitis on my lower legs long after radiation (had nothing to do with it). They give you antibiotics for it like the others said. Mine spread very fast and was like a rash. Sorry you have this to deal with too.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Marcia527 said:

I've had cellulitis on my
    I've had cellulitis on my lower legs long after radiation (had nothing to do with it). They give you antibiotics for it like the others said. Mine spread very fast and was like a rash. Sorry you have this to deal with too.

I didn't know about this,
    I didn't know about this, and, I am sorry Peggy. You will be ok, just take your antibiotics. Let us know how you are doing.
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member

I didn't know about this,
    I didn't know about this, and, I am sorry Peggy. You will be ok, just take your antibiotics. Let us know how you are doing.

Sorry about you bad day Peggy
    Actually I have never heard of the and don't really undersatnd what it is now, can you explain it a litlle more to me. It's alway good to know all the possibles and sometimes, we just aren't told. So thanks for the info.

Aurora
  • peggypeggy

Sorry about you bad day Peggy
    Actually I have never heard of the and don't really undersatnd what it is now, can you explain it a litlle more to me. It's alway good to know all the possibles and sometimes, we just aren't told. So thanks for the info.

Aurora

yes
    i have a breast infection a build up of fluid the oncologist said normal 4 to 8 weeks after syrgery i have a buid up i breast i had 4 negative for cancer lymph nodes out also hope it goes away breast swollen and sore slight pink started after 4 days of radiation god bless luv peggy
  • peggypeggy

yes
    i have a breast infection a build up of fluid the oncologist said normal 4 to 8 weeks after syrgery i have a buid up i breast i had 4 negative for cancer lymph nodes out also hope it goes away breast swollen and sore slight pink started after 4 days of radiation god bless luv peggy

mine
    also very hot to touch
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member

mine
    also very hot to touch

Oh Peggy
    I'm so sorry, I hope you're feeling better soon,

God Bless,

Aurora