102.4 fever

Nana b
Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I juat finished treatment 12 and running a fever 102.4, I know I am suppose to call if it gets to 104. but is this an area of concern should I call the cancer center anyway? My fever was 101.3 last night. My throat is a bit achy.

Comments

• lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    Yes, please call the Oncologist or Cancer Center.
    I was told to call if my temp was above 101. Please call and let them know. They may need to give you antibiotic. Stay well.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member

Yes, please call the Oncologist or Cancer Center.
    I was told to call if my temp was above 101. Please call and let them know. They may need to give you antibiotic. Stay well.

Call
    I think when you wait until it gets to 104 it is already pretty serious and with what you are going through it could spike higher. I wouldn't let it go. Better to get it checked out now. Hope you feel better soon.

Kim
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    3 opinions
    All the same. Give a call. Can't hurt could only be helpful
    -phil
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Nana, everything I read and my oncologist and his p/a said over 100.4. Please call the doctor immediately!
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    CALL YOUR DOCTOR

CALL YOUR DOCTOR
  • mommyof2kds
    mommyof2kds Member Posts: 519
    Patteee said:

CALL YOUR DOCTOR

CALL YOUR DOCTOR

Call your doc...

Call your doc...
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342

Call your doc...

Call your doc...

I agree!
    Whenever a normal temp is over 103, it should be placed in a doctors hands. MY onc told me to get to the ER if my temp goes up to 100.3, that is a sure sign of infection, I hope you get better!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • grammadebbie
    grammadebbie Member Posts: 464
    My onc told me to go to the ER if I had a temp over 100.4. please call your doctor or go to the er right away.

God Bless You
  • Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596
    fever
    John's Onc told us any fever of 100.4 to go to the ER and tell them he is on chemo. So I think you should go. Could have an infection. Paula G.
  • lizzydavis
    Paula G. said:

fever
    John's Onc told us any fever of 100.4 to go to the ER and tell them he is on chemo. So I think you should go. Could have an infection. Paula G.

Nana - How are you doing? Please let us know.
    Nana - How are you doing? Please let us know.
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    100.4, not 104!
    Nana,

As others have already stated, I was also told to call the Dr. right away if I developed a fever of 100.4 or over. I think you were confused between 100.4 and 104. 104 is VERY high & I don't think an oncologist would say to wait until it's that high.

I hope that you are alright by now and either the fever went away or you've gotten in and gotten some help. Praying for you!

Lisa
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    On Antibiotics
    Well I was in bed most of my day weekend with fever betweein 100 and 102. Feeling better, my throat is a bit sore, and blood clots keep forming in my nose. I am sure the blood clots are from my platelets being low. I think that I am on the road to recovery......thank you all!!

104 is pretty high!
  • lizzydavis
    Nana b said:

On Antibiotics
    Well I was in bed most of my day weekend with fever betweein 100 and 102. Feeling better, my throat is a bit sore, and blood clots keep forming in my nose. I am sure the blood clots are from my platelets being low. I think that I am on the road to recovery......thank you all!!

104 is pretty high!

Blood Clots in my Nose.
    I had the blood clots too. I used saline nose spray every morning and every evening. It sure did help. I could breathe again.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Fever
    I'm so glad that you are on antibiotics and feeling better. Take it easy and don't over do.

Kim
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator