Wish me luck today

Wolfi
Wolfi Member Posts: 425
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
This morning I'm off to see my surgeon for the first follow up appointment after my bilateral last week. I am also suppose to get the pathology results today on the tissue they removed. Just this morning I read a post where someone talked about an oncotype score. I'd never heard of this before so I Googled it and found that there will be a score between 0-100 with a lower number being better and there being less of a chance of having to have chemo. I plan on asking about this at my appointment today.

I thank all of you for the wealth of information (and great jokes) I have gotten over the past month or two since I've been going through all of this bc stuff.

I feel more in control of my own care knowing there are many people who have gone down the same (or similar) road as me and are now free of bc.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my oncologist to talk about whatever further treatment plan I'll need.

I'll keep you posted on my results (and may have some questions).

Wolfi

Comments

• peggypeggy
    peggypeggy Member Posts: 111
    gl
    hope everything goes well today for you hon gl luv peggy god bless
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Good luck
    Sending lots of positive vibes your way.

Hugs
    Jadie<3
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Hi Wolfi, I wish you luck
    Hi Wolfi, I wish you luck also! I was one of the gals who is now waiting on an Oncotype DX. My Medical Oncologist recomended it because he told me they couldn't get a difinative answer from the Mammoprint. He said the tumor was too small. It was only 1.1 cms In order for you to qualify for this test I know it has to be early stage and node negative. I am also hoping to forgo Chemo! I'd like to forgo RADS also,LOL and just take the Arimadex. Actually, he told me if I did NOTHING at all, my risk was only 30%. But I would like to lower it some from that. I really want this hernia I have taken care of, I am so angry with my GI doc for discounting me when I stood there and showed it to him, at my last follow-up appointment after my colonoscopy and EGD. see, I've been having medical issues for awhile, with what the GI doc and I think is IBS. Wonder if the Arimidex will make it act up! although, when i saw the General surgeon who would do the surgery, he said the hernia (with a small bowel unabstructed loop) could be the real cause of my IBS issues! Want to know somwthing? I didn't really notice this hernia until AFTER the colonoscopy and losing weight, like 40 lbs(that was from not eating much because of constant indegestion) with the acid reflux problem I got presumably from taking fosamax.
    Anyway, I go for a FNB on my left axilla today, so wish me luck on that. My right breast was where they found the cancer.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    For today, and tomorrow...
    Best wishes that both of your appointments go well for you, Wolfi.
  • traceyt
    traceyt Member Posts: 77
    Wolfi
    good luck at your appointments today and tomorrow...keep us posted when you can
    ((hugs))
    TT
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Yes Wolfi,
    I'm thinking of you too. Keep us posted.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Yes Wolfi,
    I'm thinking of you too. Keep us posted.

:)
    Good luck Wolfi! Keeping you in my prayers!

Leeza
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

gl
    hope everything goes well today for you hon gl luv peggy god bless

Sending you lots of positive
    Sending you lots of positive thoughts Wolfi!

HUGS!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Thinking of you!
    You are carrying all of the good wishes, courage, and positive thoughts of the entire BC boards with you today! Let us know what happens at your appoinment!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Thinking of you!
    Double post~ evidently you were going to get twice as much as you needed! LOL
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Ditto
    Ditto to what everyone said. No, really, good luck today and I am keeping you in my prayers.
    Pat
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Good luck to both of you
    I am hitting the boards late today, so you may already be at your appointments. Hope all you hear is good news! Please let us know how they went. Pammy
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Good luck and God Bless you. Let us know what you find out. (Pat)
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    good luck .. takes lots of notes and do not be afraid
    to have the onc / doc repeat himself.
  • Wolfi
    Today's results
    NO MORE CANCER (yes, I'm yelling)!!!!!

My pathology reports came in with clean margins all around, no presence in the nodes and I should not have to see my surgeon after today (except to get my drains removed by his nurse in a week or so).

No radiation or chemo for me although the oncologist may recommend Tamoxafin. My surgeon expects my oncotype score to be zero (if they even ran that test) but says the oncologist will give me that info tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and encouragement. It really means a lot to me.

I'll fill you in tomorrow with any new info from the oncologist.

Wait.....is that NED I see across the room waving at me?......(dance music playing)
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Wolfi said:

Today's results

My pathology reports came in with clean margins all around, no presence in the nodes and I should not have to see my surgeon after today (except to get my drains removed by his nurse in a week or so).

No radiation or chemo for me although the oncologist may recommend Tamoxafin. My surgeon expects my oncotype score to be zero (if they even ran that test) but says the oncologist will give me that info tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and encouragement. It really means a lot to me.

Wait.....is that NED I see across the room waving at me?......(dance music playing)

WAY TO GO .. WOLFI .. you go girl .. dance dance dance
    Congradulations!!!
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    VickiSam said:

WAY TO GO .. WOLFI .. you go girl .. dance dance dance
    Congradulations!!!

congrats
    Ned is waving to you--go to him and hold on to him forever. He will be your best friend and dance partner.

LOL

Margo
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Wolfi said:

Today's results

RUN!!!!
    Run and go grab him and don't let go! (cut to slow motion as wolfi runs across the room with her outstretched arms. She is tossing her hair aside and throwing her head back. Then she licks her lips and smiles as she gives him "the look"......) Pammy
  • Wolfi
    Akiss4me said:

RUN!!!!
    Run and go grab him and don't let go! (cut to slow motion as wolfi runs across the room with her outstretched arms. She is tossing her hair aside and throwing her head back. Then she licks her lips and smiles as she gives him "the look"......) Pammy

That is just SO convicing
    coming from your non-moving (except at night) old lady-just-off-the-toilet avitar, Pammy.

Just kidding.

I'm going to have to pick an avitar - some of these are so funny!
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Wolfi said:

Today's results

way to go
    great news way to go happy feet