GEEZ

lszk4kids
lszk4kids Member Posts: 10
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I wouldn't have agreed to any of this had they told me all the details! (Oh, that's right, we didn't choose breast cancer, did we?) I was so happy returning to my surgeon to get the JP drains removed but...still can't drive for at least another week and I have to spend 4 plus hrs. at the hosp. for bone scans and mris. Another am without my coffee!!!
I guess it's not that bad, but this whole thing is getting old real fast and I haven't even been to the oncologist (nest tues) to find out what wonderful adventure he has in store for me!
Really so far this is doable. Boobless is not bad, the pain has been minimal, I am grateful and blessed, I found this site with all of you....just thought we needed some whine with the cheese (some really good jokes, thank you!) peace,blessings and prayers, karen

Comments

• traceyt
    traceyt Member Posts: 77
    Thanks so much
    Karen for posting your experience...I go in on Tuesday for surgery(bilateral) and it helps to read others posts so I can sort of know what to expect, although I know everyone experience is unique. My kids start school on Tuesday as well so that makes me a bit sad I wont be there when they come home from school but I do get to see them off and take my annual 1st day of school pics in front of the birch tree :)
    I feel for you in the coffee dept I hate to go without it in the morning :)
    Happy Thursday
    Tracey
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I feel your pain~ literally
    I feel your pain~ literally and figuratively! Though way way way out of treatment, I am a self-professed and unashamedly admitted Coffee snob! And being that I live in the wine country of the Central Coast of California, I am doomed, as I love my Pinot Noirs too! As for "Whine with Cheese". of course! We host Pity Party's here regularly for just that purpose. The grand thing is, it is rather like musical chairs; we don't get to be the Queen of Pity for too long, someone is always usurping our position. So vent away, sweetie, we absolutlely Get It!
    BTW, my Reggie, who loves me dearly, brought me the funniest gift from the wine department of our local store~ a bottle of Red, with a Pink label and a pink heart on the top...he said he was thinking of me! All good until I fell out laughing that in beautiful script, the wine is called B**CH!
    Gotta love it, huh??

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    chenheart said:

I feel your pain~ literally
    I feel your pain~ literally and figuratively! Though way way way out of treatment, I am a self-professed and unashamedly admitted Coffee snob! And being that I live in the wine country of the Central Coast of California, I am doomed, as I love my Pinot Noirs too! As for "Whine with Cheese". of course! We host Pity Party's here regularly for just that purpose. The grand thing is, it is rather like musical chairs; we don't get to be the Queen of Pity for too long, someone is always usurping our position. So vent away, sweetie, we absolutlely Get It!
    BTW, my Reggie, who loves me dearly, brought me the funniest gift from the wine department of our local store~ a bottle of Red, with a Pink label and a pink heart on the top...he said he was thinking of me! All good until I fell out laughing that in beautiful script, the wine is called B**CH!
    Gotta love it, huh??

Hugs,
    Chen♥

yum....coffee
    Karen, my son and I are extreme coffee fanatics. I had a hard time not having my coffee in the AM whenever I had to fast. They always thought it was great that was my only complaint. I guess in retrospect, I'm GLAD that was my only complaint! LOL
    Claudia, I so want a bottle of that wine!! I will look for it locally or find it on line. Is it a California wine? Pammy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Akiss4me said:

yum....coffee
    Karen, my son and I are extreme coffee fanatics. I had a hard time not having my coffee in the AM whenever I had to fast. They always thought it was great that was my only complaint. I guess in retrospect, I'm GLAD that was my only complaint! LOL
    Claudia, I so want a bottle of that wine!! I will look for it locally or find it on line. Is it a California wine? Pammy

Oh Pammy????
    If your sweetly over-protective loving, wildly caring about your safety detective of a husband wouldn't make you change residences...PM me with your home address! I would dearly LOVE to gift you a bottle of that wine!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Karen, I want to wish you
    Karen, I want to wish you good luck next Tuesday! Please let us know what happens!

Sue :)