Day 31 and 32 of Pammy's Rads

Akiss4me
Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Whoops....forgot to post yesterday. I think maybe rad brain is for real!! I really thought I did, but can't find it anywhere. Well, I will just have to include it in todays post.
I just realized between yesterday and today that my one zap now is definitely longer than the 4 shorter ones I use to recieve with the whole breast radiation. I know, beacause I layed there and counted for lack of anything else to do.....one onethousand, two onethousand, three onethousand.
Also, I believe I have figured out how they came up with the term "booster". It has nothing to do with giving you a boost!! Because the "wall you hit" has gotten so high that you need a boost to get over it (umph!). Double the zapping......triple the plummet in energy level!! Bamm....I really feel like I added 100 lb lead weights to all my limbs!
Sigh....at least when my energy comes back, I will feel REALLY fit! Also, when I'm looking in the dark smoked panel on the ceiling, while I lay there, the reflection in it makes me look 10 lbs lighter!! Ahhhh, always a bright side to everything!!
Pammy

Comments

• sgamtd
    sgamtd Member Posts: 124
    Pammy's Rads
    Pammy,
    Yeah you did forget, I looked for it, it's OK I forgive you. (smile)
    Sorry to hear some of the energy is gone, but due to your optimistic attitude, it does not seem like it's too bad for you, and it's not zapping your great sense of humor, how many boost do you have left ?
    sgamtd
  • peggypeggy
    peggypeggy Member Posts: 111
    pammy
    way to go pammy the countdown gl tomoorrow god bless luv peggy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    OH RATS! I had my
    OH RATS! I had my appointment with my oncologist yesterday, and I forgot to ask him to check my charts to see if I ever had rad boosts! I still think not, and I still even don't know what they are! Now I have to wait 6 months to ask again...if I remember! Not very likely.

One thing I am pretty certain of: You are probably the only one to have rubber bands around your ankles, boosters or not!! I know that I never did!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hey Pammy
    If you need an energy boost go find the ice cream!!!

You always stay so positive even when youre tired out...hang in there girl

Hugs
    Linda T
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    mlmjt1 said:

Hey Pammy
    If you need an energy boost go find the ice cream!!!

You always stay so positive even when youre tired out...hang in there girl

Hugs
    Linda T

Hi Pammy
    You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What else can i say. Just that i hope you get your energy back.

laura
  • Akiss4me
    sgamtd said:

Pammy's Rads
    Pammy,
    Yeah you did forget, I looked for it, it's OK I forgive you. (smile)
    Sorry to hear some of the energy is gone, but due to your optimistic attitude, it does not seem like it's too bad for you, and it's not zapping your great sense of humor, how many boost do you have left ?
    sgamtd

3 more to go!!
    Should have been 4 more, but because my skin held up so well, my rad onc raised each dose slighty but dropped the number of boosters from 8 to 7 instead. Fiqured I could handle it. And he was right....I am!! Pammy
  • Akiss4me
    chenheart said:

OH RATS! I had my
    OH RATS! I had my appointment with my oncologist yesterday, and I forgot to ask him to check my charts to see if I ever had rad boosts! I still think not, and I still even don't know what they are! Now I have to wait 6 months to ask again...if I remember! Not very likely.

One thing I am pretty certain of: You are probably the only one to have rubber bands around your ankles, boosters or not!! I know that I never did!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Thanks Peggy and for Claudia.....
    Caudia....I feel so special with the rubberband!!
    I'll try to explain boosters (yikes....knees shaking....oh no, public speaking!!). Boosters are a different type of Radiation (usually electrons) that targets just the tumor area after your regular rads are done. Instead of my whole breast (which consisted from my collar bone to about 3 inches below my chest and all the way around my side and under my arm...BIG rectangle) this is just a 4 inch by 4 inch area on top of my incision.
    These "boosters" are stronger and more intense. They do an ultra sound to see how deep the cavity is from your surgery and target just that area. A wet washclothe is used to cause better conduction from the beam.
    It amazes me that from doing such a small area, relative to my whole body, that my whole body responds to the effects in such a big way!
    But for the record.....the rubberbands do not have any bearing on if you have boosters or not. At least I don't think so. Hmmmmm.....
    Pammy
  • Akiss4me
    lolad said:

Hi Pammy
    You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What else can i say. Just that i hope you get your energy back.

laura

Thanks Linda & Laura
    Ice-cream for energy....you both may be onto something here. Of course I need both! Pammy