life goes on=good news

EveningStar2
EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
For those that don't know me (probably most of you), I was diagnosed in January 2009 with DCIS, had a lumpectomy and 27 rad treatments. I lost my job right before the diagnosis but started a new job in June but that involved a move from NV to NM. Well, I haven't been here 90 days but they offered me a temporary (120 day) promotion and I took it. I'm head nurse now and am working 8-5 mon-fri. Quite a change from 12 hour nights. Just to encourage those of you still struggling with the day to day battle with the beast, there is an end.

Maureen

Comments

• BeachIt
    BeachIt Member Posts: 17
    Maureen
    Congratulations,

Maureen
    Congratulations, that's wonderful news. I hope everyone has more good news to share.
    Sheryl
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Congrats
    Way to go Lady.
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    congratulations
    I am so happy for you. Lynn
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hey Maureen
    Thanks for the encouragement...I work as a homecare nurse and am currently struggling as we speak with the side effects of taxol/herceptin. My legs are killing me. I just took 800mg of ibuprofen so I could get to sleep and hope it works.

It is a struggle...who ever thought that I would wish for my 50 hour work weeks and all the medicare paperwork just to have everything the way it was...

Its good to know that life will go on eventually.

Take care
    LInda T
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Great News!!!!!
    Whoooo hoooo! I was commenting on an earlier thread about how many health care professionals and teachers we have here in this BC family. So many nurturers....and of course so many of us being moms and well, women! Kindred Nurturers!
    So, CONGRATULATIONS! You are the light at the end of the tunnel! Thank you so much for sharing your encouraging story with us!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Cindy54
    Cindy54 Member Posts: 452
    Wow!!!
    Maureen, good for you! This is very good news to hear. And it is so encouraging for all of us.i felt a lot more encouraged about job prospects after reading your post. Hope you continue to have wonderful days ahead! Cindy
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Sounds like...
    It sounds like losing your job turned into a blessing with the new one. So glad to hear that good things can be hoped for ahead. It just seems like when your in the middle of treatment that it will go on and on forever, but it really doesn't. Thanks for reminding us the good things that are yet to come! Pammy
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    aztec45 said:

Congrats
    Way to go Lady.

YEA!
    Congrats Maureen! You deserve that!

Kylez ♥
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Maureen ☻
    I got some good rads help from you Maureen. I won't forget you! Congrats on the promotion! You should be so proud and so happy!

Kristin ♥
  • Reikigemgirl
    Reikigemgirl Member Posts: 278
    That is great news.....
    Congratulations!!

Love and Light,
    Vicki
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    YEAH!!!!
    Maureen it is so good to hear that things have worked out so well for you ~CONGRATULATIONS~!
    Thank you for updating us and letting us know how well things are going for you!

Many Hugs,

RE
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    RE said:

YEAH!!!!
    Maureen it is so good to hear that things have worked out so well for you ~CONGRATULATIONS~!
    Thank you for updating us and letting us know how well things are going for you!

Many Hugs,

RE

Wonderful
    Maureen, Wonderful news on your job.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • peggypeggy
    peggypeggy Member Posts: 111
    way to go
    congradulations and god bless luv peggy
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Maureen
    Good news is always great to hear!! Congratulations on your promotion!! Hugs, Diane
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    It's great to hear the good
    It's great to hear the good news and even better to hear that there is an end. Thank you.
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    MyTurnNow said:

It's great to hear the good
    It's great to hear the good news and even better to hear that there is an end. Thank you.

Congratulations, Maureen, on
    Congratulations, Maureen, on your new life. What part of New Mexico are you in now? We lived in Ruidoso for about 10 years, and really loved the state. (Just got back from a two week vacation in Ruidoso, and enjoyed every minute we were there.) Life is good, and you have been blessed. Hugs,

Judy
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

Congratulations, Maureen, on
    Congratulations, Maureen, on your new life. What part of New Mexico are you in now? We lived in Ruidoso for about 10 years, and really loved the state. (Just got back from a two week vacation in Ruidoso, and enjoyed every minute we were there.) Life is good, and you have been blessed. Hugs,

Judy

Congrats!
    I also want to say Congrats Maureen! So happy to hear about your promotion and that you have such a great outlook on life! You are a true winner!

♥Noel
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    aztec45 said:

Congrats
    Way to go Lady.

Congratulations to you!
    Sue

Congratulations to you!

Sue
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Hi Maureen ♥
    I am so pleased that everything is working out for you Maureen! You have had quite a struggle. And now a promotion this soon? You must be great at your job and they must think a great deal of you! You should be so proud. I know we all are of you! Continue with good health and lots more promotions!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    of course I remember
    glad you posted. sounds like it is all going well for you. How do you like New Mexico so far?

=^..^=