Back From Trip

elm3544
elm3544 Member Posts: 748
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My weekend trip turned into a week long trip! We drove up the coast all the way to Sonoma. It was very relaxing and wonderful! My husband drove the entire time and I just sat back and enjoyed! I grew up in Southern Calif but never had been further North than Fresno, and never had been on a Northern costal drive! We stopped in Morrow Bay, Monterey and San Fransisco, among other places. I brought home 2 bottles of wine from Sebastiani winery. My feet and ankles hurt most of the time but I did not let it spoil my fun. I even had times when I "forgot" about cancer, chemo and everything!
Today I am exhausted and very sore but so glad I went!
Have not had time to catch up on all the posts but I hope everyone had a great week and all treatments and appointments went well! I have a blood draw tomorrow and I will make darn sure I get the spray this time!

Comments

• maryannrogers
    maryannrogers Member Posts: 115
    Your Trip
    Elm,

Am so happy that you had a great time. A week....wow! That's even better. Yes, northern California is absolutely beautiful, not to say cool. So glad you enjoyed it. There's nothing like a "get away" to help the mind and soul. Can't wait to see you.

Maryann
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Elm
    Glad to hear you had a great time and also that your back. Let us know how it goes tomorrow!

God Bless,

Aurora
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Your Trip
    Elm,

Am so happy that you had a great time. A week....wow! That's even better. Yes, northern California is absolutely beautiful, not to say cool. So glad you enjoyed it. There's nothing like a "get away" to help the mind and soul. Can't wait to see you.

Maryann

Welcome back
    Elm, we did miss you. I am so glad that you had a good time and even forgot about bc for awhile. That is what it is about. Good luck tomorrow and let us know how everything goes for you!

Hugs
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Welcome back!
    So glad you had a good time. Way nicer when it's spontaneous too. It's nice to forget about cancer for awhile. Glad your back though. Pammy
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Akiss4me said:

Welcome back!
    So glad you had a good time. Way nicer when it's spontaneous too. It's nice to forget about cancer for awhile. Glad your back though. Pammy

Elm
    Glad you got to get away Elm. And, happy to see you back. Welcome back!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Welcome back!
    And glad you had such a good time. It sounds like a very relaxing trip.

Mimi
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    I too have lived in So. California and never venture beyond
    Fresno, that is until June 2009. My family and I spent 9 days in San Francisco and Lake Tahoe, hitting every city between. 1,400 miles travelled.

Did you have a chance to ride the street cars in San Francisco ? While waiting for a street car, I met Dr. 90210 his wife and children. I have PHOTO's. He's the only 'movie' star I've ever met. I was hoping he would invite me onto his show, and perform some type of make over .. Never happened ... a tummy tuck would help .. oh well!

I am happy to say that Southern California and Northern California has so much to offer.

So glad you enjoyed your vacation, and forgot about your bc for a while.

VickiSam
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I am so glad you had a
    I am so glad you had a wonderful trip~it is a beautiful drive, isn't it?? I live in Santa Barbara county, in Santa Ynez to be exact, and we have done that drive on our way to Lake Tahoe. It is great to have the time to do that, and see how beautiful everything is. I also suffered with sore ankles, but since finishing all treatment, no more ankle pain and stiffness! YAY!

I got the spray before my blood-draws too~ since that time, it seerms everyone relly LOVES the EMLA cream...you would have to get a prescription for it, but if you call your Dr today, no doubt he can call it in to your pharmacy. You put it on the port an hour before your appointment, cover it with a bandaid to keep your clothes from getting "goopy", and evidently you will feel NOTHING when they access the port! I would say that is worth a phone call!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Akiss4me said:

Welcome back!

You are back!
    Welcome back Elm! It is nice to see you posting again! Glad you had a great time!

Lex♥
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Welcome back, elm3544!
    Glad you enjoyed your trip, sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing the lovely details with us.

Hope all went OK for you today.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Welcome back, elm3544!
    Glad you enjoyed your trip, sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing the lovely details with us.

Welcome back
    Your trip sounds like fun! So happy that you got to go! Let us know how you do with chemo.

Hugs, Leeza
  • Reikigemgirl
    Reikigemgirl Member Posts: 278
    Glad you had a great time....
    nothing like time away to renew the soul.

Love and Light,
    Vicki
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

Welcome back, elm3544!

Welcome back
    Glad you made it back Elm. If you hadn't, I would of had to come looking for you! haha

☺♥ Noel ♥☺
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member

Glad you had a great time....
    nothing like time away to renew the soul.

Love and Light,
    Vicki

Elm.. so glad that you had a
    Elm.. so glad that you had a wonderful time!! Welcome home..

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    taleena said:

Elm.. so glad that you had a
    Elm.. so glad that you had a wonderful time!! Welcome home..

♥ & hugs,

~T

Hey Elm! Welcome back!
    Hey Elm! Welcome back! Glad you had a great time!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    California Coast
    that is the most wonderful drive up the 1. We have done that trip a few times, and you find the most interesting things along the way. Morro Bay is beautiful, and up just a few miles more is where I try to go every year with my high school buddies, Cambria. If you ever stop in Cambria, you must visit the NitWit House. The most interesting house you will ever go through, then if you want to see the total opposite, just go up the coast a litle more and visit Hearst Castle.
    Glad your vacation went so well for you
    =^..^=
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    cats_toy said:

California Coast
    that is the most wonderful drive up the 1. We have done that trip a few times, and you find the most interesting things along the way. Morro Bay is beautiful, and up just a few miles more is where I try to go every year with my high school buddies, Cambria. If you ever stop in Cambria, you must visit the NitWit House. The most interesting house you will ever go through, then if you want to see the total opposite, just go up the coast a litle more and visit Hearst Castle.
    Glad your vacation went so well for you
    =^..^=

Late..sorry
    I am so sorry that my welcome back is late to you Elm. I am not on that much and missed it. Glad you had a great time!

Kristin ♥
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    I am so glad you had a great
    I am so glad you had a great trip. Every now and then we need that break from chemo, cancer, radiation to recharge and give us strength to keep fighting.

Now, when you're all done, open those bottles of wine you brought home and celebrate. Hugs, Lili