Next stop, Oncology Dept...

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Waiting....
    is the hardest part of all of this. Wait for these results, wait for this doctors appt. It seems to never end. Once you get your treatment plan you will be able to move on with things and head towards the road to recovery. I just went last Tuesday to get my plan so I know just how you are feeling. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and Light,
    Vicki

And, keep us updated on how
    And, keep us updated on how you are doing.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Welcome
    Just wanted to add my welcome as well. It's a long tough road we're on, but we walk it together! Pammy
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    tgf said:

Glad you found us
    Hi Bella ... Welcome to the group no one wants to belong to. You have come to the right place for information, support, etc. I'm so sorry about your diagnosis ... but just know that we've all been there and it's perfectly normal to feel "antsy" about what's in store for you. Regardless of the treatment plan ... I'm sure there are people here on this board who will be glad to share their experiences with and be there when you need a virtual hug ... or hand held. We're all in this together ... and I can't tell you what a comfort this group of strong women (and a few men) have been to me. It seems there's someone here 24-7 to listen to me in good times and bad ... and to patiently listen to me vent when I needed to "yell" at someone who would understand. We all understand ... and we welcome you with open arms and hearts.

Keep us posted regarding your appointment with the doctor.

hugs.
    teena

Good luck at the oncologist
    Good luck at the oncologist tomorrow. Let us know what you find out when you can.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    rjjj said:

Bella
    I will be praying for you and for the best outcome on the 17th. Keep us posted. we will be there for you.
    Hugs, jackie

Good luck tomorrow. Let us
    Good luck tomorrow. Let us know when you feel like it how everything went and how you are.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Akiss4me said:

Welcome
    Just wanted to add my welcome as well. It's a long tough road we're on, but we walk it together! Pammy

What did you find out
    What did you find out today?

Lex♥
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Alexis F said:

What did you find out

Lex♥

I have my first meeting with
    I have my first meeting with the Oncologist this afternoon at 1. Though I've read a lot not real sure exactly what to expect today. Aug 6, I had an appt with my PA, she sent me for a mammagram which they did - then a sonogram and needle biopsies. Next morn the radiologist called and said the report was positive in the mass and lymph. I had an appt with the surgeon on Mon. (10th). He said it was IBC and wanted chemo before he did anything. Had a bone scan on the 11th (came back fine according my PA) so I see the oncologist this afternoon.
  • survivorbc09
    Rague said:

I have my first meeting with
    I have my first meeting with the Oncologist this afternoon at 1. Though I've read a lot not real sure exactly what to expect today. Aug 6, I had an appt with my PA, she sent me for a mammagram which they did - then a sonogram and needle biopsies. Next morn the radiologist called and said the report was positive in the mass and lymph. I had an appt with the surgeon on Mon. (10th). He said it was IBC and wanted chemo before he did anything. Had a bone scan on the 11th (came back fine according my PA) so I see the oncologist this afternoon.

Good luck to you today
    Good luck to you today Rague!
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member

Good luck to you today
    Good luck to you today Rague!

Today didn't go as I thought
    Today didn't go as I thought it would. VA sent approval for wrong (Rad.) Dr and according to what I was told, they refused to change the appt. to the right one (Chemo). They got approval and I do have an appt tomorrow morn though. Have a PET (or is it Pet) Scan on Fri. morn.

I did learn some today though - probably looking at chemo, surgery, chemo, and then rad. (6 -9 mths) from what the Dr. I saw today said.
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Rague said:

Today didn't go as I thought it would. VA sent approval for wrong (Rad.) Dr and according to what I was told, they refused to change the appt. to the right one (Chemo). They got approval and I do have an appt tomorrow morn though. Have a PET (or is it Pet) Scan on Fri. morn.

I did learn some today though - probably looking at chemo, surgery, chemo, and then rad. (6 -9 mths) from what the Dr. I saw today said.

Rague
    I'm sorry that today didn't go as you expected. I forget how many rounds I made with different doctors before things settled down. The VA acted quickly to get you an appt with the chemo onc. tomorrow, though the extra hours seem long when you expected detailed information today.

Let us know how it goes tomorrow and Friday. PET scans are easier I think than MRIs, which are loud and take more time. I wish you the best results.
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Rague said:

Rague
    first I would like to welcome you here. You will not find more kind, compassionate and supportive sisters anywhere. I am sorry they messed up your appt. As if we don't have enough on our plate huh?

I will be saying a prayer for you tonight, that all will go smoothly tomorrow and Fri. and wishing you the best possible outcome.

Let us know how it goes, we will be here for you.
    Hugs, Jackie
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Alexis F said:

What did you find out

Lex♥

Update
    I will have chemo and radiation. Since I am HER2 positive, I will also be on Hercepin. My chemo starts on September 10th. Not sure if it will be once a week or once every three weeks. Will find out shortly.

Thank you for your concern. Am taking it one day at a time. I have a prescription for a wig and a boat load of meds waiting for pick up at Rite Aid. Good Lord, this ordeal is going to be a tremendous feat for me, my family, and friends.

My best to you Lex.

Bella
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670

Update
    I will have chemo and radiation. Since I am HER2 positive, I will also be on Hercepin. My chemo starts on September 10th. Not sure if it will be once a week or once every three weeks. Will find out shortly.

Thank you for your concern. Am taking it one day at a time. I have a prescription for a wig and a boat load of meds waiting for pick up at Rite Aid. Good Lord, this ordeal is going to be a tremendous feat for me, my family, and friends.

My best to you Lex.

Bella

Bella
    I know it is a hard road to go down, but know that you will make it through. Im going thru chemo now, just had my second round yesterday. Make sure you take the nausea meds they give you even if you dont feel sick, it will help you from being nauseas. Drink plenty of water too. I will pray for you, keep coming back here for support. It has helped me tremendously coming here. Know that you will have good days and bad, but also know you are not alone. We are all here for you.

laura
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Update

My best to you Lex.

Bella

RX for a wig .. I've never heard of this ???
    Is this normal anyone ?

Bella -

My thoughts & prayers are with you. I too, have Her2, invasive DCIS. I met with my onc on Friday ..

Cocktail suggested is TCH .. researching now ..

This venture as I call it .. is full of up's and down's. My mood changes at the drop of a dime. We are STRONG women, we fight a differnt battle daily regardless of test, procedure, chemo or doctor's appointment.

May you find strength and peace.

Hugs,

VickiSam
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    rjjj said:

Rague
    first I would like to welcome you here. You will not find more kind, compassionate and supportive sisters anywhere. I am sorry they messed up your appt. As if we don't have enough on our plate huh?

I will be saying a prayer for you tonight, that all will go smoothly tomorrow and Fri. and wishing you the best possible outcome.

Let us know how it goes, we will be here for you.
    Hugs, Jackie

Sorry Rague
    Sorry Rague, but, everything is moving now, so, that is good. Good luck to you on Friday. I will put you in my prayers.

Lex♥
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    good luck with your treatment Bella
    let us know when they give you your chemo coctail.
    Hope it all goes well for you.
    Cat
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Update

My best to you Lex.

Bella

Hi Bella. Just want to wish
    Hi Bella. Just want to wish you good luck with chemo and rads. Did you order the free scarves from Lauren and the hats from heavenlyhats.com? The thread is on here if you need the addy.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • survivorbc09

Update

My best to you Lex.

Bella

Thanks for the update Bella!
    Thanks for the update Bella! Let us know about your chemo.

Hugs!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    You are now surrounded by
    You are now surrounded by calming, healing, healthy thoughts! And soon, with your treatment plan, you will be ready to fight the Beast and win!!!!!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member

Update

My best to you Lex.

Bella

Bella
    We are here for you whenever you need us! Let us know about your chemo plan.

Kristin ♥
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    chenheart said:

You are now surrounded by
    You are now surrounded by calming, healing, healthy thoughts! And soon, with your treatment plan, you will be ready to fight the Beast and win!!!!!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Prep time...
    Thanks so much for the vote of confidence. By the way, congrats to you on your dance with NED! Fab news!

Prepped for chemo today by going in for a haircut. Am sporting a bob! Haven't had my hair this short in years.

Have an orientation scheduled for Monday. Will keep you posted on latest. Count down for chemo begins...

Best to all.

Bella