Hey Cat... Meow... are you out there?

taleena
taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hey Cat... I know that your still recovering from your surgery, and Robert did such a good job keeping us updated while you were in the hospital, and when you got home... I was just wondering how you are doing, and hoping that your feeling better and better everyday! Just wanted you to know you were being thought about!! Let us know how your doing when you can!

♥ & hugs,

~T

Comments

• Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Mee too!
    Thinking about you too cat! Pammy
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Cat...
    Has a follow-up doctor appointment today. And is hoping to have her drains removed.

So - maybe we'll get an update later...

Kind regards, Susan
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    all good!
    I have not been on the boards consistently, Robert did such a good job I thought he was still doing it. oops! no really, got all three drains removed Wednesday, and healing wonderfully, he took a few of the staples out and hopefully next week more to follow.
    Thought the torture would end with the removal of the drains, but not so, feel a bit more sore now, and hate my bed. Feels like a torture chamber, so I come downstairs and park it in the lounger, feel much better there. thanks for asking
    =^..^=
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    cats_toy said:

all good!
    I have not been on the boards consistently, Robert did such a good job I thought he was still doing it. oops! no really, got all three drains removed Wednesday, and healing wonderfully, he took a few of the staples out and hopefully next week more to follow.
    Thought the torture would end with the removal of the drains, but not so, feel a bit more sore now, and hate my bed. Feels like a torture chamber, so I come downstairs and park it in the lounger, feel much better there. thanks for asking
    =^..^=

Cat
    Glad the drains are out

Cat
    Glad the drains are out and some of the staples. I hated laying in bed, the lounger sounds good. HOpe the soreness eases up and the rest of the staples come out soon.
    And very glad you are posted. Robert was great but we really missed you. Love the yawning kitty. Or maybe he/she is hissing. Cute in any case.
    Stef
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    cats_toy said:

all good!
    =^..^=

☺ Cat ☻
    I am glad to see you posting! So happy about the drains and your healing is coming along so well! You must be very pleased! Hope you find comfort in your "lounger". Take Care!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Jeanne D said:

☺ Cat ☻
    I am glad to see you posting! So happy about the drains and your healing is coming along so well! You must be very pleased! Hope you find comfort in your "lounger". Take Care!

Love, Jeanne ♥

Staples?
    Hi Cat! Sounds like your recovery is going smoothly. But, staples? Why staples? I thought they always used stitches. Don't answer me if that is too personal. lol Just curious I guess. Heal easy and quick Cat!

Kylez ♥
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Cat...
    Has a follow-up doctor appointment today. And is hoping to have her drains removed.

So - maybe we'll get an update later...

Kind regards, Susan

Cat, glad you are feeling
    Cat, glad you are feeling better!

Hugs!
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Kylez said:

Staples?
    Hi Cat! Sounds like your recovery is going smoothly. But, staples? Why staples? I thought they always used stitches. Don't answer me if that is too personal. lol Just curious I guess. Heal easy and quick Cat!

Kylez ♥

Hey Cat
    Sounds like you are getting there slowly. Glad to hear the drains are out. Keep resting and you'll be up and around working on your glass in no time! Pammy
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hi Cat
    Glad you are doing well. I didnt lay in bed for close to a month after surgery....Just parked my fanny in the recliner and slept there. It wasnt great but I did it anyway.

Hang in there and I hope the healing continues to go well

Hugs'
    Linda T
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    cats_toy said:

all good!
    =^..^=

sammy boy
    this is Sammy Boy, he is yawining, but it looks like the biggest joke to me. I had this picture posted on the rads machine so he could be smiling for everyone while they are getting zapped. Checked a couple months ago and he is still there, will be two years in December that I finished.

Staples stitches and tape oh my!
    I had all three, the boob had to be put together again like a jigsaw puzzle, they were determined to save the nipple, so it has both staples and stitches. The tummy had tape, and he also removed that on my visit.

Shooting pains in the breast, but they say that is just the healing process, and they haven't been that horrible ache that I was feeling for so long, this one is much more tolerable.

Feeling wonderful and so glad for all my sister survivors here
    Cat
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    cats_toy said:

sammy boy
    this is Sammy Boy, he is yawining, but it looks like the biggest joke to me. I had this picture posted on the rads machine so he could be smiling for everyone while they are getting zapped. Checked a couple months ago and he is still there, will be two years in December that I finished.

I had all three, the boob had to be put together again like a jigsaw puzzle, they were determined to save the nipple, so it has both staples and stitches. The tummy had tape, and he also removed that on my visit.

Shooting pains in the breast, but they say that is just the healing process, and they haven't been that horrible ache that I was feeling for so long, this one is much more tolerable.

Cat

Cat
    I guess no wonder you called your new boob "frankenboobie",huh?! War wounds that you can look back on .
    I only had one drain with my partial and it hurt like a son of a gun when my surgeon pulled it out! I wondered how much tubing was inside of me-it seemed to take a long time...
    Glad that you are feeling better!
    Love,
    Patty
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    cats_toy said:

sammy boy

Cat

Wow, your surgeons really
    Wow, your surgeons really used it all, didn't they? And, ouch the nipple! Wishing you fast, fast healing!

Kylez ♥