Day 27 of Pammy's Rads

Options
Akiss4me
Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Wow, do I feel like I hit a brick wall today! Went to rads and did the routine. As I was leaving, my Radiation Doc was in the hallway passing by the elevators and stopped us to ask how I was doing, feeling, etc. Asked if I was getting excited to almost be done? Shook my husband's hand and asked how he was doing! I was so impressed, not only by his memory about us, but the time he took to make sure everything was going OK and just to "chat" (we did talk about how nice the weather was for a pool dip after work! etc).
As we were riding in the elevator I realized how fortunate I am to have such a wonderful Doctor that cares sooooo much about his patients. I thank God that He picked the best Doctors for me. Now I can collasps on the sofa in peace with a smile!!
Pammy

Comments

• chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    Pammy
    That is good to hear that the doc took the time to talk to you! Get some needed rest!! Diane:)
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    chickad52 said:

Pammy
    That is good to hear that the doc took the time to talk to you! Get some needed rest!! Diane:)

That is so good to hear.
    That is so good to hear. Happy collapsing.
    Stef
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    On the Sofa
    Pammy, Your rad. doc. does sound wonderful, a real blessing. And you have almost finished treatment!

Wishing you peace tonight and always,

Moopy
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    That's great to read about
    That's great to read about someone almost done. I along with several other's here are just getting started but I love to see that there truly is an end to all this. Best of luck!!
  • peggypeggy
    peggypeggy Member Posts: 111
    Options
    im so glad
    pammy your alomost done im just starting if you dont mind i might have some questions for you im scared i start monday god bless luv peggy
  • Sherry_Ranuio
    Sherry_Ranuio Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Warmest thoughts for you!
    Reading this made me smile. I am truly thankful for the blessings we have in this life and it sounds like your doctor is a real blessing for you and your husband! I'm so happy to hear you are doing well and almost done with Rads!

Take Care and God Bless,
    Sherry
  • maryannrogers
    maryannrogers Member Posts: 115
    Options

Warmest thoughts for you!
    Reading this made me smile. I am truly thankful for the blessings we have in this life and it sounds like your doctor is a real blessing for you and your husband! I'm so happy to hear you are doing well and almost done with Rads!

Take Care and God Bless,
    Sherry

Another Smile
    Pammy,

Am so happy to hear you are doing well. Yes, another smile on my face from your post. If doctors only knew how much this means to us it would be a better place.

Bless you! You are surely an inspiration to all of us here.

Maryann
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Hi Pammy
    It sounds like you have a gem of a doctor. Many of them dont give you the time of day.

Enjoy your collapse...I feel wiped out too. I had my first taxol/herceptin infusion today. It started out at 9am with labs at 9:15, wait an hour, see the nurse practitioner at 10:15 for an exam, go to the chemo room, have 5 premeds then taxol over 3 hours and herceptin over 1 1/2 hours. I finally got home at 7:15 pm. The nurse asked me what I was going to do when I got home and I said put my feet up...and it occurred to me that my feet were up the whole day!!! I definitely got to get a life...or in this case Haagen daz (I take all good advice from you)

Happy collapse

Love
    Linda T
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    mlmjt1 said:

Hi Pammy
    It sounds like you have a gem of a doctor. Many of them dont give you the time of day.

Enjoy your collapse...I feel wiped out too. I had my first taxol/herceptin infusion today. It started out at 9am with labs at 9:15, wait an hour, see the nurse practitioner at 10:15 for an exam, go to the chemo room, have 5 premeds then taxol over 3 hours and herceptin over 1 1/2 hours. I finally got home at 7:15 pm. The nurse asked me what I was going to do when I got home and I said put my feet up...and it occurred to me that my feet were up the whole day!!! I definitely got to get a life...or in this case Haagen daz (I take all good advice from you)

Happy collapse

Love
    Linda T

LOL!!!
    Try the "Chunky Monkey"!! It's the best! Pammy
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

LOL!!!
    Try the "Chunky Monkey"!! It's the best! Pammy

Hi Pammy