Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Doc says get more exercise.....does this count? Pammy

Comments

• traceyt
    traceyt Member Posts: 77
    Workin up a sweat
    Pammy
    Looks like your workin up a sweat to me :) I have been really bad about going to the gym these days...my hubby and I were up to 4 times a week before summer now we are lucky to go 2 times a week
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hey Pammy
    Tell him walking to the freezer and lifting that spoon up and down in the ice cream container is the best exercise there is!!!

Have a nice day

Hugs
    Linda T
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    mlmjt1 said:

Hey Pammy
    Tell him walking to the freezer and lifting that spoon up and down in the ice cream container is the best exercise there is!!!

Have a nice day

Hugs
    Linda T

I have a mini trampoline
    I have a mini trampoline that I purchased a couple of years ago during one of my "health kicks", that is turning out to be good gentle exercise for me. I have a couple of videos that I follow along with, and by the end, I've had a good workout without stressing my joints. It's also beneficial to the lymph system. If you decide to go this route, though, I advise against the cheaper ones. I started with a cheap one, and discovered very quickly that the only good thing was the price. They don't have the shock absorbancy of the better ones, so can actually cause some damage. I was "one day on, two days off", to recover. So bought a NEEDAK [made in USA]...not cheap, but since I do use it, worth what I paid. They have a website. Anyway, just my 2 cents' worth. It's really the only exercise I have stayed with on a regular basis. We have a walking track very close to the house, but I can think of lots of excuses not to go there....too hot, too cold, too windy, too many other people, not enough other people, mosquitoes, etc...smile. HubbyDearest has an eliptic machine, but he's not fond of me changing the settings, so I don't go there. A friend of mine has a WI [or whatever it is---hooks up to the TV], that she exercises with, and likes it. But it doesn't excite me. When you find something you like, you'll do it often. Gracie.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Exercising your mind
    Exercising your mind counts...same way that getting in shape can also mean being Round, as round is definitely a shape!

Seriously, exercise IS important. Our local YMCA has a FREE 12 week program for those of us beast-killing types a year in/out of treatment. It is called the Well-Fit program, and it is with a trainer who is aware of any limitations we might have, with a program designed specifically for us. We use any and all of the Y facilities at any time, but also required to be at the Well-Fit hour on the designated day/time. If you have a Y near you, you may want to check and see if they also have a similar free program.

Barring that, perhaps you can leash train that cookie eating cat and go on walks together~ as long as its not to the bakery! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥