Best place to have port installed ... general question

VickiSam
VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Any suggestions ??? Meeting with onc tomorrow.

Thank you,

Vicki Sam

Comments

• creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    My port was installed in the
    My port was installed in the chest wall muscle, between the sternum and shoulder. Because I am rather small boned, it did bother me when I layed on my right side to sleep, but no so much that it kept me awake (could have been the meds...HA). Anyway, I have heard of other places for installation, but only have experience with the chest wall. It was a blessing to hve the port for both blood draws, and for chemo. Hope you make a good decision, and that things go well for you. Hugs,

Judy
  • scout5000
    scout5000 Member Posts: 94 Member
    port
    Mine was placed exactly where every bra strap rubs. I didn't have a choice of where it was placed but if you do, you might ask to avoid the bra strap area. Even though it is somewhat annoying, I am so glad I have it. Good luck to you.
    Scout
  • Reikigemgirl
    Reikigemgirl Member Posts: 278
    Mine is in my thigh.....
    which is very uncommon. I had to small of veins for him to put it in my chest wall, or my groin so they put it in my right thigh. It worked out great today for my first chemo. Most people seem to have them put in the chest wall, I've heard.

Love and Light,
    Vicki
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655

Mine is in my thigh.....
    which is very uncommon. I had to small of veins for him to put it in my chest wall, or my groin so they put it in my right thigh. It worked out great today for my first chemo. Most people seem to have them put in the chest wall, I've heard.

Love and Light,
    Vicki

chest wall
    mine is in my chest wall, on my well behaved boobs side. very small incision about and inch long if that.
    tj
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    tjhay said:

chest wall
    mine is in my chest wall, on my well behaved boobs side. very small incision about and inch long if that.
    tj

I get mine tomorrow...
    The dr said it would most likely be installed in that kind of cavity just below the collarbone, on the "good" side. Do they Xray afterward, to check the placement? Gracie
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

I get mine tomorrow...
    The dr said it would most likely be installed in that kind of cavity just below the collarbone, on the "good" side. Do they Xray afterward, to check the placement? Gracie

Good luck
    Just wishing you good luck tomorrow with the port placement Vicki!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    susie09 said:

Good luck
    Just wishing you good luck tomorrow with the port placement Vicki!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

Hope everything goes ok
    Hope everything goes ok today Vicki! Thinking of you!

Hugs, Diane ♥