Surgery is less than 12 hours from now.....

Wolfi
Wolfi Member Posts: 425
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
In a way I'm glad it's almost here (almost over) and in another way I'd like to "skip" Wednesday all together and go straight to Thursday. I've told my husband that we could throw the fishing poles in the back of the truck and drive right past the hospital on our way to fishing many hours away (he didn't go for that).

I appreciate all of your straight talk and discussions about everything from how you feel mentally to the physical struggles you have with surgeries and medications. I hope that I can be as much an inspiration to someone in the future as some of you have been to me through this time in my life.

I have a few things to do still to get ready for tomorrow, but I am calm and at peace with the whole thing. I am hoping for the best but expecting the worst (so I'm not shocked by anything). If they get everything out tomorrow and it hasn't spread to the lymph nodes I should be able to heal (physically) fairly well. I know that mentally I will go through quite a bit more (especially after I see myself for the first time), but I know I am as strong as some of you and I WILL fight this cancer with everything I have.

Thanks everyone. I'll see you on the other side....

Comments

• Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Wolfi, I remember well the
    Wolfi, I remember well the eve of my own surgery. "Mastectomy Eve," as my husband calls it. I was truly at peace that night, too, just ready to get the cancer out and move on. Expecting the worst but hoping for the best is a wonderful attitude to have. You'll be prepared, no matter what.

Wishing you a quick, easy surgery with the best results. When you can, please let us now how you are.
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Moopy23 said:

Wolfi, I remember well the eve of my own surgery. "Mastectomy Eve," as my husband calls it. I was truly at peace that night, too, just ready to get the cancer out and move on. Expecting the worst but hoping for the best is a wonderful attitude to have. You'll be prepared, no matter what.

Wishing you a quick, easy surgery with the best results. When you can, please let us now how you are.

hugs to u
    wolfi i to remenber my mastectomy jan 1 07 just glade my droctor didnt drink dec 31. I will say i had chemo first i was so glad go get the breast removed because it was killing me. please hang in there this to will pass hugs comming your way and u will be with me all day tomorrow.just know we all love you
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Moopy23 said:

SURGERY
    GOD BLESS YOU.I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU.I AM GLAD YOU FOUND THIS SIGHT.LOVE AND PRAYERS. PAT
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    HI Wolfi
    I will be thinking of you tomorrow as you have your surgery. For me it was just good to get things going instead of just waiting for tests and appointments.

Let us know how you do

Hugs
    LInda T
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Countdown
    I love to fish too! Isn't it so relaxing & peaceful?!
    You're going into the surgery with a great attitude. Keep thinking posotive thoughts! Let us know how you are as soon as you are able!
    Prayers & hugz
    Cat
  • redbobb
    redbobb Member Posts: 8
    I wish you peace and good
    I wish you peace and good healing vibes all the way through. My surgery is Oct 6...so I would love to hear how everything went!
  • mberg
    mberg Member Posts: 62
    I hope I have your positive
    I hope I have your positive attitude before my surgery!Best wishes on a quick recovery!
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    My advice....
    Wolfi, I will give you my famous advice.....ask for extra ice-cream! If you get tired of eating it, they work like great little ice packs!!!
    I know you will be fine. We are stonger than we think! Post whenever you are able to let us know how you are doing!
    Pammy
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Thoughts and prayers
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers, know that you will have a whole group of brothers and sisters watching over you.
    tj
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    tjhay said:

Thoughts and prayers
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers, know that you will have a whole group of brothers and sisters watching over you.
    tj

Good Luck
    Good luck to you Wolfi! Sending you lots of positive thoughts!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    susie09 said:

Good Luck
    Good luck to you Wolfi! Sending you lots of positive thoughts!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

Good thoughts for your
    Good thoughts for your surgery, Wolfi.
    Stef
  • BeachIt
    BeachIt Member Posts: 17
    Hope your surgery went well.
    Hope your surgery went well. You have such a good outlook. I hope I can do the same before my surgery. Keep well and let us know how you are doing.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Good luck
    Good luck on your surgery today. Hope all went well. Keep us posted.
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Good luck
    Good luck on your surgery today. Hope all went well. Keep us posted.

Wolfi
    I got here late, are you are probably all ready out of surgury. I hope all went well, please post when you can, I keep you in my prayers.

God Bless you,

Aurora
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Wolfi, I just know you will
    Wolfi, I just know you will be ok. You sound very strong and positive. I am praying for the best possible results. God bless. Please post when you feel up to it. Eil
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Wolfi, I just know you will
    Wolfi, I just know you will be ok. You sound very strong and positive. I am praying for the best possible results. God bless. Please post when you feel up to it. Eil
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Back home
    Thanks everyone for your prayers and nice comments.

I'm back home and not in too much pain. I didn't really have many problems (except getting sick once when they let me eat solid food). There is some pressure and pain from these drains I have in, but now that I know the reason I am more prepared when I empty the drains. I have on my new button up peach pajamas that my friend bought me and am feeling fine right now.

The surgeon is confident that they got everything and the sential node biopsy was negative, but the way my outcomes have been this whole time I'm waiting to get my hopes up until
    AFTER the pathology reports come back next week. Hope I'll be "dancing with NED". I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again for welcoming me to this site. I appreciate all of you.
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Wolfi said:

Back home

I'm back home and not in too much pain. I didn't really have many problems (except getting sick once when they let me eat solid food). There is some pressure and pain from these drains I have in, but now that I know the reason I am more prepared when I empty the drains. I have on my new button up peach pajamas that my friend bought me and am feeling fine right now.

The surgeon is confident that they got everything and the sential node biopsy was negative, but the way my outcomes have been this whole time I'm waiting to get my hopes up until
    AFTER the pathology reports come back next week. Hope I'll be "dancing with NED". I'll keep you posted.

Glad to hear you are home
    and doing well. Take it easy and keep all the support you can in your healing process. You are in my prayers.

laura
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Wolfi said:

Back home

1derful!
    Welcome Home Wolfi! Glad to hear everything went so well! Get plenty of R&R and let us know the results. Hope to be dancing along with you!
    Prayers & Hugz
    Cathy
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Sorry I didn't see this
    Sorry I didn't see this until after surgery. Glad things went well and you are home. It's nice when it's over and all you have to do is heal. Healing hugs to you.