Breast cancer spread to the spine and stomach.

carmenann
carmenann Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My mom survived breast cancer 10 years ago. This April cancer was found on her spine. She was given radiation, shots of zometa, and some physical therapy. She only walks with assistance to use the bathroom. They past two weeks she had been getting sick to the point now she cannot keep anything down and has not had any bowel movements. She was brought to the hosiptal emergency room on Tuesday to find that there is cancer now in her stomach as well. They gave her a portal and are doing some sort of procedure tomorrow where liquids will be drained from her stomach. They are also starting her on chemo. I was just wondering is anyone has ever gone through something similar. Thanks.

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    I cannot answer to what she
    I cannot answer to what she is enduring but I will keep her in my prayers and my good thoughts.
    Stef
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    fauxma said:

I cannot answer to what she
    I cannot answer to what she is enduring but I will keep her in my prayers and my good thoughts.
    Stef

I am so sorry
    about your mom. I cant help you with what she is going through. Just know that she and you are in my prayers. I will hope for the best for you guys.

laura
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    I too am unfamilar with the
    I too am unfamilar with the situation you describe, but I am truly sorry that your mom has to undergo these procedures. You are in my thoughts & prayers.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Tux said:

I too am unfamilar with the
    I too am unfamilar with the situation you describe, but I am truly sorry that your mom has to undergo these procedures. You are in my thoughts & prayers.

Sorry
    I am so sorry. Your poor Mom is having to endure so much. I will put you in my prayers. Keep us updated!

Hugs
  • djteach
    djteach Member Posts: 273
    Dear Carmenann,
    I am so

Dear Carmenann,

I am so sorry that you and your Mother are going through this. She is very lucky to have such a loving and concerned daughter. I cannot speak to your particular experience,but breast cancer can spread to other organs. Was your Mother getting regular checkups from her oncologist? You might want to talk to her oncologist, I assume she has one now. I had bc in my vertebrae and now in my lung. My treatment has been successful. I hope and pray that your Mother's treatment helps her, and soon. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and gentle hugs,
    Donna
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    djteach said:

Dear Carmenann,
    I am so

Dear Carmenann,

I am so sorry that you and your Mother are going through this. She is very lucky to have such a loving and concerned daughter. I cannot speak to your particular experience,but breast cancer can spread to other organs. Was your Mother getting regular checkups from her oncologist? You might want to talk to her oncologist, I assume she has one now. I had bc in my vertebrae and now in my lung. My treatment has been successful. I hope and pray that your Mother's treatment helps her, and soon. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and gentle hugs,
    Donna

I . I have so sorry. I wish
    I . I have so sorry. I wish I could help you, but I can't. I will keep you and your Mom in my prayers
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Kat11 said:

I . I have so sorry. I wish
    I . I have so sorry. I wish I could help you, but I can't. I will keep you and your Mom in my prayers

So very sorry
    I am so sorry for what your Mother is going thru. I will put both of you in my prayers. Please post again and update us.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    susie09 said:

So very sorry
    I am so sorry for what your Mother is going thru. I will put both of you in my prayers. Please post again and update us.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

I am so sorry
    My prayters go out to you.

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    May God pave the way to the best possible
    doctors and care for your mother.

I am so sorry. Please keep up posted.

Prayers and love to you, your mother and family.

VickiSam