Hi All

steff5163
steff5163 Member Posts: 56
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi Everyone ,
2 Questions one is that after 4 ac treatments and 1 taxol my count was too low for my next treatment. I was so upset!! I have 3 left and just want to get them done with. I feel like a whimp that my count is too low after 5 treatments has this happened to any one else with just that amount or about the same amount of Treatments. who would think you would be so upset not to get a chemo treatment.
Second question is every night i wake up drenced in sweat at least two times during the night it is so annoying anyone else?? I guess I'm getting to the point where everything is starting to get to me. Thanks for the vent.
Stephanie

Comments

• taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Stephanie.. I'm sorry.. I
    Stephanie.. I'm sorry.. I don't have the chemo experience, but I do know what it's like having to put off treatment.. it is frustrating...but hang in there.. you will be finished before you know it and then we will all be celebrating your last session! I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you.. I'm sure someone much more experienced than I, will be here shortly!

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    You are not a Wimp
    Steph,

You are not a wimp. This hasn't happened to me but it can. They check my blood every week and if it is good, they will go forward with the chemo, if it is not, they told me they would delay the chemo.

If your levels are down, they don't want to drag them down further with more chemo.

Talk to your docs and see what they advise to get the counts back up. I take a shot after chemo to get my counts up. My doc also told me to eat plenty of carbs as my body will burn a lot of calories trying to replenish my counts. You may need supliments. Just see what they have to say.

Tell you docs about the sweats. Chemo put me in the beginning stages of menopause and the sweats were caused from the menopause.

Pat
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hi Steff
    I think I am just a little behind you. I just finished my ac about 2 weeks ago and will start first round of taxol/herceptin on friday.

Im sorry about your counts being low. You know there really is not alot you can do about that but I can understand how disappointed you must be because getting done is really all I think about. I have a tooth ache of all things and I was told that they dont recommend any dental work during chemo and I have 4 more sessions every 2 wks apart. Im hoping it doesnt continue cuz they will have to delay my chemo as well.

As far as night sweats go, Ive been menopausal for 3 years and had horrible hot flashes which I continue to get. I have to have the house temp at about 67 degrees with a fan on to stay comfortable but I really didnt notice an increase in this with the chemo.

Stay strong and vent anytime
    Hugs
    Linda T
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hi Steff
    I think I am just a little behind you. I just finished my ac about 2 weeks ago and will start first round of taxol/herceptin on friday.

Im sorry about your counts being low. You know there really is not alot you can do about that but I can understand how disappointed you must be because getting done is really all I think about. I have a tooth ache of all things and I was told that they dont recommend any dental work during chemo and I have 4 more sessions every 2 wks apart. Im hoping it doesnt continue cuz they will have to delay my chemo as well.

As far as night sweats go, Ive been menopausal for 3 years and had horrible hot flashes which I continue to get. I have to have the house temp at about 67 degrees with a fan on to stay comfortable but I really didnt notice an increase in this with the chemo.

Stay strong and vent anytime
    Hugs
    Linda T
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Stephanie
    Sorry to hear that your counts are low. But hang in there,you don't want them to be too low. I just started my Taxol/Herceptin treatments 2 weeks ago and last week the doc skipped the heceptin as I was having alot of palpitations and he wanted me to be checked by a cardiologist. I would rather have them be cautious about things. We will get through this!! Hugs Diane:)
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    chickad52 said:

Stephanie
    Sorry to hear that your counts are low. But hang in there,you don't want them to be too low. I just started my Taxol/Herceptin treatments 2 weeks ago and last week the doc skipped the heceptin as I was having alot of palpitations and he wanted me to be checked by a cardiologist. I would rather have them be cautious about things. We will get through this!! Hugs Diane:)

Ticker
    Hope your ticker is in good shape. Let us know what the cardiologist says.

Pat
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Hi Stephanie
    My treatment

Hi Stephanie

My treatment was delayed twice because of low counts, and the night sweats is probly due to forced menopause, it is known to happen, talk to you dr about it, I am sure he will be able to tell you what is going on.

Good luck with the rest of your treatment
    tj
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    tjhay said:

Hi Stephanie
    My treatment

Hi Stephanie

My treatment was delayed twice because of low counts, and the night sweats is probly due to forced menopause, it is known to happen, talk to you dr about it, I am sure he will be able to tell you what is going on.

Good luck with the rest of your treatment
    tj

Stephanie
    I didn't do chemo

Stephanie
    I didn't do chemo but I still know that venting is good. Clears your head, clears the air and just relieves some of the tension. Others will answer the more specific questions, but know that we all vent occasionally and that's one of reasons we are here for each other. Good luck with the rest of your treatments.
    Stef
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    fauxma said:

Stephanie
    I didn't do chemo

Stephanie
    I didn't do chemo but I still know that venting is good. Clears your head, clears the air and just relieves some of the tension. Others will answer the more specific questions, but know that we all vent occasionally and that's one of reasons we are here for each other. Good luck with the rest of your treatments.
    Stef

Stephanie
    I almost didnt get to do chemo treatment yesterday because my liver counts were low, but they let me. I have also woke up drenched a couple of times and have just been sitting down and break out in a sweat too. I dont blame you for being upset on having to put your treatment off, i know i would feel the same way because i just want to get mine over with too. I hope next time you get to go your counts will be ok. Take care and let us know how you are.

laura
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    fauxma said:

Stephanie
    I didn't do chemo

Stephanie
    Stef

Steff, sorry that chemo
    Steff, sorry that chemo isn't going so well for you. I didn't have it, so, I don't know what it is like. I am glad to see you posting again. Good luck!

Hugs