Eye brows .. enquiring minds want to know ../// Inexpensive scraves and wraps found at beauty suppl

VickiSam
VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
In prepartion of chemo and hair loss - UGH, I set out on a mission today to find eye brow stencils. I was actually going to tattoo on eyebrows, however, Dr. H - said .. NO WAY, do not put any ink on your body. May cause infection before chemo .. Damn, there goes my idea for the BIG FAT .. Pink ribbon tat on my back.

I found ..Anastasia - of Beverly Hills eye brow stencils 4 configurations -- $20.00 .. at Nordstroms. I haven't checked if stencils are sold on line, as I grabbed the stencil box from the MAC counter representative who was helping me and I ran really really fast to cashier. Last box of eye brow stencils!!!! hehehehehhe, and their mine!!!

I did find a cheaper flimsy verision of sentcils at my local beauty supply store ( I did not purchase .. after 1 use, Vicki would of ripped stencils to shreds... I never keeped my colors inside the lines of object .. always outside the lines. I wonder what that means ??

********************************************************************************************

I found inexpensive scarves, hats and night caps .. Starting at $5.99 each at my local beauty supply store . FYI

Trying to find the humor in life today ..

Vicki Sam

Comments

• chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Vicki
    Your story made me laugh. What we don't go through!! My eyebrows only thinned out, so I use a eyebrow marker by Laura Geller that my daughter found at Sophora. It works great. Hugs, Diane
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    To Funny
    My eyebrows did not start to fall out till about the 4th chemo, I then had the look of Mr Clean. Was kind of fun though cause know one could tell what I was thinking. It is so suprising how much eyebrows add to the expression on your face. It worked for me though, got my way cause no one could tell if I was about to go off my rocker or not. Tantrums must be avoided so everyone thinks. (but me that is)
    As far as you tattoo is concered, the time getting chemo gives you the chance to research or be creative about the tat you really want. I would suggest you check out the one I plan on getting or the one on Catstoys expression page. Make the tat all about you and what you want to express. You are unique and so should your tattoo be
    tj
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Thanks for the beauty tip
    Thanks for the beauty tip. I knew about the hair falling out, but was wondering about the eyebrows and lashes. I suppose those would fall out too.

I'm wondering... does chemo also mean I won't have to bother with shaving my underarms and legs too? At least that is aspect I won't have to trouble myself with.

Best to you.
    Bella
  • redriverartist
    redriverartist Member Posts: 54
    Eyebrows
    They have the fake eyebrows at most places where you can purchase fake eyelashes. I opted for the pencil. Soooooooooo, some days I looked surprised, some days angry and, thank goodness some days fairly normal. Good luck but have fun with it.

Hugs,
    Teresa
  • redriverartist
    redriverartist Member Posts: 54
    Scarves
    I dug in my mom's old things and found the most fabulous scarves in every color in the rainbow. Well, needless to say, I put all of them to very good use.

Teresa
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Hey Vicki
    I'll have my 5th

Hey Vicki
    I'll have my 5th chemo this week and I still have my eyebrows and eyelashes....so you may not need to get anything. I was looking at the fake ones you can stick on. They looked good but were expensive, so I'm glad I didn't get them.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Hey Vicki
    I didn't have chemo, but over the years have been known to follow fads and ultimately ended up with too thin of eyebrows (was a fad back in the "twiggy" age). My dear daughter has spent years trying to teach me to use eyebrow pencils. I'm not a bad artist but was terrible with not keeping my hands off my face! I would either "wipe" parts of the pencil off or "smear" what was left somehow over my temples! So at any given time I would be sporting the "Charlie Brown look" or "Morticia" from the Adam's family!! And I thought people were starring because I was irrisistable! Pammy
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    eyebrows
    Vicki Sam, I did lose all the hair on the bod, and I do mean all, I actually missed the eyelashes the most, you never realize how much debris they prevent from falling into your eyes. I tried drawing on brows and eyeliners, but it was really hard for me to remember, so most of the time I just went bald there too (along with the head, never liked anything to cover me). And TJ is right, take your time regarding the tattoo, the one I had celebrating 2 years clean is on my expressions page, and it was a long time in the idea stage, then I had help from the tattoo artist (my niece's boyfriend) in getting the final art on paper then skin. TJ is still in the process of designing hers and it looks like it will turn out great!
    Let us know how your chemo goes!
    Cat
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    cats_toy said:

eyebrows
    Vicki Sam, I did lose all the hair on the bod, and I do mean all, I actually missed the eyelashes the most, you never realize how much debris they prevent from falling into your eyes. I tried drawing on brows and eyeliners, but it was really hard for me to remember, so most of the time I just went bald there too (along with the head, never liked anything to cover me). And TJ is right, take your time regarding the tattoo, the one I had celebrating 2 years clean is on my expressions page, and it was a long time in the idea stage, then I had help from the tattoo artist (my niece's boyfriend) in getting the final art on paper then skin. TJ is still in the process of designing hers and it looks like it will turn out great!
    Let us know how your chemo goes!
    Cat

Gr8t Info
    Hey Vicki. Thanks for all of the info. And, good luck with chemo. Let us know how you do.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Reikigemgirl
    Reikigemgirl Member Posts: 278
    I have heard of the Anastasia stencils....
    and they are supposed to be the best. Think I saw them on Oprah. Let us know how they work out because I am thinking of ordering them. Thanks for the info.

Love and Light,
    Vicki
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

I have heard of the Anastasia stencils....
    and they are supposed to be the best. Think I saw them on Oprah. Let us know how they work out because I am thinking of ordering them. Thanks for the info.

Love and Light,
    Vicki

I saw that on Oprah too,
    I saw that on Oprah too, and, they are said to be the best. Hmm, maybe that is what I need. lol

Lex♥
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    chickad52 said:

Vicki
    Your story made me laugh. What we don't go through!! My eyebrows only thinned out, so I use a eyebrow marker by Laura Geller that my daughter found at Sophora. It works great. Hugs, Diane

Eyebrow story lol
    You made me laugh too Vicki! I like your sense of humor on here!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣