RE's Tribute to her Mom

creampuff91344
creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
RE, I have tried three times to reply to your tribute to your Mom thread, and the system just isn't allowing me to do so. I didn't want this beautiful story to go unnoticed, so am doing so by separate thread. (The last time I tried to reply, my reply appeared on the thread, but under the name of ALEXIS!....along with her cute Tinkerbell.) Anyway, RE, just wanted you to know you touched my heart, and I know your Mom was a special part of your life.

Tomorrow, August 23rd, will be the 5th anniversary of the death of my only daughter, and I am doing a tribute to her on another site. She lived a very courageous life, full of illness and complications, and finally succumbed to the many problems she had. However, there was always a smile on her face, and never a question of "why me". At the age of 40 she passed to another life where she is pain free, and I am sure continues to offer compassion and happiness to others around her. Thank you for such a wonderful account of your Mom, and for the reminder that we all have people who enter and leave our lives, and leave permanent, lasting memories. Hugs,

Judy

Comments

• tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Thank you for starting this thread Judy. Our Re is very special, and it is wonderful to know that she had a wonderful mom who spent her life teaching her darghter how to be just as wonderful, we have all benifited from it due to the fact that Re is so wonderful to all of us.

Judy, I am so sorry for your own loss, and I am glad that you find comfort in the fact that your daughter is pain free now, and able to pass on all the compassion and happiness to others. A gift you taught her I am sure.

Tjhay
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    tjhay said:

Thank you for starting this thread Judy. Our Re is very special, and it is wonderful to know that she had a wonderful mom who spent her life teaching her darghter how to be just as wonderful, we have all benifited from it due to the fact that Re is so wonderful to all of us.

Judy, I am so sorry for your own loss, and I am glad that you find comfort in the fact that your daughter is pain free now, and able to pass on all the compassion and happiness to others. A gift you taught her I am sure.

Tjhay

Sorry Judy :(
    I know Judy, but, I didn't do anything to RE's thread. I don't know what happened. The site is messed up this week. Hopefully, they will get it fixed.

I loved the tribute RE had to her Mom. It was very beautiful and touching.

And, I am so sorry Judy to read about your daughter. That is an unimaginable loss.

Glad you like my tinkerbell :)

Tinker Lex♥
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    I loved what RE wrote. I am
    I loved what RE wrote. I am sure her Mom was smiling down at her.

I am so sorry for your loss Judy. Your daughter will always be in your mind and heart!

Hugs, Diane
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Tender Hugs Coming Your Way
    Judy thank you for sharing this with us, your daughter sounds like a very special woman. I am truly sorry for your loss but as you say she is has passed to another life and you will be with her again some day.

I appreciate that you opened this tread as I realized you were attempting to post something but nothing would show up when I would check for it. I am glad my tribute was so meaningful to you and your are right my Mom was very special to me. She and I went through chemo together during my second cancer battle, we were chemo buddies so to speak. ;-)

Trust that you will be in my heart and prayers tomorrow,

RE
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    RE said:

Tender Hugs Coming Your Way
    Judy thank you for sharing this with us, your daughter sounds like a very special woman. I am truly sorry for your loss but as you say she is has passed to another life and you will be with her again some day.

I appreciate that you opened this tread as I realized you were attempting to post something but nothing would show up when I would check for it. I am glad my tribute was so meaningful to you and your are right my Mom was very special to me. She and I went through chemo together during my second cancer battle, we were chemo buddies so to speak. ;-)

Trust that you will be in my heart and prayers tomorrow,

RE

Thanks Judy
    Yes, thanks Judy for this. I am so sorry for your loss. I will pray that you find peace.

And, I didn't know Re that your Mom and you went thru chemo together. You two were closer than a lot are. I loved your tribute to her. And, I noticed that the posts weren't showing up too.

Thanks Judy.

♥ Kylez ♥
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    So sorry about your daughter
    So sorry about your daughter Judy. Can you share what site you are doing the tribute to her?
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

So sorry about your daughter
    So sorry about your daughter Judy. Can you share what site you are doing the tribute to her?

Thanks for this posting
    Thanks for this posting Judy! I am sure your tribute to your daughter was very beautiful. I am so sorry.

And RE, I loved your tribute to your Mother.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Judy,
    You have a wonderful

Judy,

You have a wonderful way with words, and you have indeed touched many hearts with your post. There are so many things we learn about our family in here, bit by bit as time/circumstance dictate. I can only begin to imagine your bittersweet day yesterday...bless your heart.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    chenheart said:

Judy,
    You have a wonderful

Judy,

You have a wonderful way with words, and you have indeed touched many hearts with your post. There are so many things we learn about our family in here, bit by bit as time/circumstance dictate. I can only begin to imagine your bittersweet day yesterday...bless your heart.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Thank you all for your
    Thank you all for your response. I have posted my tribute to Kelly on my Expressions Page for all who would like to visit that site. She was a dear soul, and I miss her more every day. Thanks for being there for me during this time. Hugs to all,

Judy
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

Thank you all for your
    Thank you all for your response. I have posted my tribute to Kelly on my Expressions Page for all who would like to visit that site. She was a dear soul, and I miss her more every day. Thanks for being there for me during this time. Hugs to all,

Judy

Judy,
    What a special tribute

Judy,
    What a special tribute to your daughter. She was indeed a special person. Not only must she have been a blessing to you, I have no doubt you were a blessing to her. Children learn from us and I can see that she must have learned many, many wonderful things from you. We model for our kids and you were a super model and she was your gift. A gift to all that knew her. How comforting to know that she was so loved. It is not easy to lose someone we love and lsoing our children would be the hardest. We never expect to outlive a child. Thank you for sharing this lovely young woman with us. I wish you only the happiest of memories and laughter of you and your girl.
    Stef
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867

Thank you all for your

Judy

Judy ♥

I read your tribute to Kelly on your expressions page. Your words were so touching, so beautiful, just like she was. Thank you so much for sharing that with us!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Jeanne D said:

Judy ♥

I read your tribute to Kelly on your expressions page. Your words were so touching, so beautiful, just like she was. Thank you so much for sharing that with us!

Love, Jeanne ♥

Thanks for this
    This is so nice Judy. Re wrote such a beautiful tribute to her Mom. I think it was amazing, just as Re and her Mom were!

☺♥ Noel ♥☺
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Noel said:

Thanks for this
    This is so nice Judy. Re wrote such a beautiful tribute to her Mom. I think it was amazing, just as Re and her Mom were!

☺♥ Noel ♥☺

Mom's ☻
    I loved RE's tribute to her Mom. With the way the world is anymore, it is so wonderful to read how loving and happy RE and her Mom were to each other. I don't know what I would do without my Mom. I can only hope that someday I will be one tenth of the perfect woman she is!

Kristin ♥