CP 7 Update

scouty
scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Increase Your Laugh Expectancy, Attend CP7!!

For those that don't know. CP7 stands for Colon Palooza 7, an annual celebration for semi-colons over a long weekend where for a few days we can act like we never heard of cancer or we can talk it about with people that have "been there and done that". It always amazes me how much we end of laughing and enjoying each others company.

CP7 is in Key West, Florida Oct 21-25 this year and is shaping up to be a great time. We were down to only 1 room left in our block of rooms at the Casa Marina Resort but I was able to get 5 more this week at our excellent rate!!! So now only 6 rooms left. We have 18 people coming so far.

Given the beach venue there will only be a limited number of "scheduled activities" so people can enjoy golfing, bike riding, running, walking on the beach, shopping, laying by the pool, snorkeling, parasailing, jet skiing and so many other things.

We still have almost 5 months to go before the event but it looks like we will be going on a sunset cruise with a live band, a lunch aboard Spongebob's US Coast Guard ship, a sunset at Mallory Square and of course some time doing the "Duval St. Crawl". Wednesday will the meet and greet day as people fly/drive in and Thursday evening the official kick off party.

Room rates (each has a daily $20 resort fee added on):

Island Vista - $159
Ocean View - $199
1 bedroom suite (non view) - $225 (great deal)
1 bedroom suite (ocean view) - $319

If you try to get a room at the hotel for that weekend on line today, it will cost you $379!!!

If you have any questions, please let me know. We hope to see you there!!!

Comments

• fedester
    fedester Member Posts: 753 Member
    scouty,
    i am really

scouty,
    i am really thinking about coming to cp7, only 1 room left.
    should i deposit it and than cancel if need be?
    be well
    never,ever give up!!
    bruce
  • scouty
    fedester said:

scouty,
    i am really

scouty,
    i am really thinking about coming to cp7, only 1 room left.
    should i deposit it and than cancel if need be?
    be well
    never,ever give up!!
    bruce

Got 5 more rooms
    We have 6 now Bruce.

You don't really make a deposit, you just give the hotel a credit card to hold the room. Your card does not get charged until you check in. Yes you can make a reservation and cancel if you need to without a fee. If you would like I could notify you if it gets down to 2 left this time to give you more time to think about it.

Lisa P.

PS. I really would like for you to join us, you won't regret it!!!
  • sladich
    sladich Member Posts: 429 Member
    CP7
    I highly recommend CP7 to anyone that is thinking about attending. I joined in 2005 for CP5 in Nashville, Tennessee. I was hesitate at first but I am so glad that I attended. I met so many new friends and I can only describe it as a wonderful experience. Please come and join in the fun.

Debbie
  • usakat
    usakat Member Posts: 610 Member
    Come on, join us!!!
    Colon Paloozas are great events - they are fun and you will meet friends you will have for a lifetime. Key West is an awesome location with plenty to do and see, so together with the company you'll keep, the Semi-Colons, you will certainly have the time of your life. Do think about joining us. The rooms rates Scouty has negotiated are unheard of in Key West in October and the hotel is one of the best resorts in the Keys. I know Scouty is planning a couple of very fun group events and also plenty of free time to tour on your own. I promise, you'll have a great time! Come to Key West for Colon Palooza 7! The more, the merrier!
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    usakat said:

Come on, join us!!!
    Colon Paloozas are great events - they are fun and you will meet friends you will have for a lifetime. Key West is an awesome location with plenty to do and see, so together with the company you'll keep, the Semi-Colons, you will certainly have the time of your life. Do think about joining us. The rooms rates Scouty has negotiated are unheard of in Key West in October and the hotel is one of the best resorts in the Keys. I know Scouty is planning a couple of very fun group events and also plenty of free time to tour on your own. I promise, you'll have a great time! Come to Key West for Colon Palooza 7! The more, the merrier!

Oh I wish!!!
    I would love to come...even looked at booking the trip.. as that is the one year anniversary of my DX. But Alas, I have a quilting convention in Ohio that same week. And as a major sponsor of the show, I have to be there. Please have a sunset drink for me!

Vicki
  • usakat
    usakat Member Posts: 610 Member
    For Bruce!
    Hey Fed!

I bumped up this post so you would have the room info. CP7 will be based out of the Casa Marina Resort - it's beautiful! The hotel telephone number is 888-303-5717. Make sure you let the reservation agent you speak with know you are with the group SemiColons for Colon Palooza.

Glad to see you're thinking about joining us! It's great fun and I know you'll enjoy yourself. It will be great to meet you in person.

Good stuff....

Click this link for the Casa Marina Resort's Website
    Casa Marina Resort
  • elizabethgd
    elizabethgd Member Posts: 145
    usakat said:

For Bruce!
    Hey Fed!

I bumped up this post so you would have the room info. CP7 will be based out of the Casa Marina Resort - it's beautiful! The hotel telephone number is 888-303-5717. Make sure you let the reservation agent you speak with know you are with the group SemiColons for Colon Palooza.

Glad to see you're thinking about joining us! It's great fun and I know you'll enjoy yourself. It will be great to meet you in person.

Good stuff....

Click this link for the Casa Marina Resort's Website
    Casa Marina Resort

Sounds great!!
    It sounds great!! It is also encouraging to know that there is life after all the treatments/surgeries etc...Looking forward to "that day"!
    Have fun...and have one for me!
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member

Sounds great!!
    It sounds great!! It is also encouraging to know that there is life after all the treatments/surgeries etc...Looking forward to "that day"!
    Have fun...and have one for me!

Don't forget...
    Elizabeth -

There's life DURING treatment, too! Don't miss out on it!!
  • sladich
    sladich Member Posts: 429 Member
    CP7
    To all who are thinking about attending, please do. It will be an experience you won't forget. This will be my third one. Hope to see some new faces.

Debbie
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member
    sladich said:

CP7
    To all who are thinking about attending, please do. It will be an experience you won't forget. This will be my third one. Hope to see some new faces.

Debbie

CP7 ~ Lucky7
    Hey Lisa,

Andy and I just booked our flights to Key West... AWESOME !!!!

Hurricane Bill is tracking up the coast due to hit the Maritimes Sunday morning... Yes, we are all ready.

Cheers,

Baby Lisa
  • scouty
    Lisa Rose said:

CP7 ~ Lucky7
    Hey Lisa,

Andy and I just booked our flights to Key West... AWESOME !!!!

Hurricane Bill is tracking up the coast due to hit the Maritimes Sunday morning... Yes, we are all ready.

Cheers,

Baby Lisa

Excellent News BL
    It's going to be so much fun!!! Only 1 more month for the great room rates.

The Friday sunset cruise will be a blast and I'm really looking forward to lunch on Sponger's ship. I've always been a softie for men in uniforms!!

We have 17 confirmed so far, several new faces with a few still considering.

If anyone is interested and has questions, feel free to ask!!!!

Much love,
    Elder Lisa