I'm Baaaack

aztec45
aztec45 Member Posts: 757
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hey, Gang,

Hope everyone is moving forward with all testing, surgeries, chemo, and radiation. And to those who are surviors - I hope you all are still rocking on.

Sorry I have been away. I have been working to straighten out more insurance issues. This time my chemo center did not submit the necessary paperwork. No worries, now.

I have been working in Kansas off and on for the passed couple of weeks. My schedule has been a bit hectic. I have to drive back and forth to get my weekly check-ups in. And in my spare time, I managed to work in my third chemo session.

My mom went with me this time. I was a bit worried she would cry watching her baby and all get hooked up to all the toxins they put into us. But, she did really great; I let her rock out on my IPOD. It was funny watching her jam. She enjoyed herself so much, she wants to come with me on the rest of my chemo sessions. Mom said that she felt at peace and relaxed there. She said they made it really nice for us cancer patients. The center works really hard to make us comfortable.

So I am resting from my chemo; taking it easy. I may or may not go to work tomorrow. I am starting to get those flu like symptoms. We'll see. Got to do what works for me.

So how is everyone else doing today?

Pat

Comments

• tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Hi Pat
    Welcome back, you were def missed. So glad that you that you got the the insurance stuff fixed. I am so glad that you have you mom going to treatments with you, and I am glad also that she is not only able to handle it but feels comfortable.
    Hope those flu symptoms fad guickly.
    tjhay
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Welcome back, Pat
    Your mom sounds awesome. Glad she was able to go with you. keep us posted! Pammy
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Akiss4me said:

Welcome back, Pat
    Your mom sounds awesome. Glad she was able to go with you. keep us posted! Pammy

Welcome back!

Welcome back!
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Glad to hear things are
    Glad to hear things are going well for you! I hope you continue to feel good throughout the week!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    elm3544 said:

Glad to hear things are
    Glad to hear things are going well for you! I hope you continue to feel good throughout the week!

Hi Pat and welcome back to
    Hi Pat and welcome back to the board!

Lex♥
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Alexis F said:

Hi Pat and welcome back to
    Hi Pat and welcome back to the board!

Lex♥

Welcome back Pat!
    Kylez ♥

Welcome back Pat!

Kylez ♥
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Good to hear things are going well
    Pat, I'm happy that things seem to be humming along for you. Are you now half-way done with chemo? Before you know it, you'll be done. Hang in there.

Mimi
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Aztec
    Hey Pat! Welcome back! I hope that chemo goes easy for you! Keep us updated on how you are doing!

☺♥ Noel ♥☺
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Noel said:

Aztec
    Hey Pat! Welcome back! I hope that chemo goes easy for you! Keep us updated on how you are doing!

☺♥ Noel ♥☺

Pat.. just wanted you to
    Pat.. just wanted you to know you were thought about today.. I hope you are doing well... let us know how you are when you can.

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • nikrap
    nikrap Member Posts: 9
    Hi Pat
    Welcome back!
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Hi Pat
    And welcome back, glad to hear your doing okay with chemo, I really hope that continues for you. Also gald to hear your mom's going with you and she's handling it well. Good Luck and keep up the good work.

Your in my thoughts and prayers,

God Bless,

Aurora ♥
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Hi Pat
    And welcome back, glad to hear your doing okay with chemo, I really hope that continues for you. Also gald to hear your mom's going with you and she's handling it well. Good Luck and keep up the good work.

Your in my thoughts and prayers,

God Bless,

Aurora ♥

Welcome back! Glad you
    Welcome back! Glad you didn't forget us! lol

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    mimivac said:

Good to hear things are going well
    Pat, I'm happy that things seem to be humming along for you. Are you now half-way done with chemo? Before you know it, you'll be done. Hang in there.

Mimi

Hey Pat! Glad to see you
    Hey Pat! Glad to see you are back!

Hugs, Leeza
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Pat
    Welcome back. What is about these insurance companies lately? I feel like strangling all of them! Anyways, im glad your mom felt at ease with you at your chemo. I had my second treatment yesterday and im so glad that i have my back up nausea meds to take. They help so much. Did they give you meds to take home with you? I hope they did. Take it easy and rest. Let us know how you are doing.

laura
  • aztec45
    lolad said:

Pat
    Welcome back. What is about these insurance companies lately? I feel like strangling all of them! Anyways, im glad your mom felt at ease with you at your chemo. I had my second treatment yesterday and im so glad that i have my back up nausea meds to take. They help so much. Did they give you meds to take home with you? I hope they did. Take it easy and rest. Let us know how you are doing.

laura

Nausea Meds
    Hey, Laura,

How are you doing? Hope your 2nd treatment went well for you. They gave me plenty of nausea meds. I have a weak stomach and thought that this would be my biggest side effect but I was wrong. So far I have experienced viruses and fungi that I never knew existed. I have the trots on a regular basis. I am going into menopause and this round made me incredibly weak and feverish for some reason. I know. What a whiner. I really shouldn't complain. Others are going through a lot more. It is just such a disruption to all of our lives. And sometimes that hits me in the face hard.

But I am half way through this. And soon you will be too. I just love this website. I always feel welcomed, loved, and heard after visiting this site.

Thank you and thanks to everyone.
  • djteach
    djteach Member Posts: 273
    Hi Pat,
    I'm glad you're

Hi Pat,

I'm glad you're moving forward with that nasty beast. How great to have your Mom with you. I hope your symptoms are short lived and girl, I'm exhausted just reading your schedule. Take a day off, okay?LOL

I'm doing about the same, which is good!

Sending you love and gentle hugs,

Donna
  • aztec45
    djteach said:

Hi Pat,
    I'm glad you're

Hi Pat,

I'm glad you're moving forward with that nasty beast. How great to have your Mom with you. I hope your symptoms are short lived and girl, I'm exhausted just reading your schedule. Take a day off, okay?LOL

I'm doing about the same, which is good!

Sending you love and gentle hugs,

Donna

Thanks
    I not only took one day off; I took two days off.

Thanks so much.