First Post- New Here

13»

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    mimivac said:

Good luck, Julie
    You'll do fine today. Please come back on when you can and let us all know how you're doing. We're thinking about you today.

Mimi

Just want to wish you good
    Just want to wish you good luck Julie! We are all rooting for you and supporting you. Post often and let us know how you are doing.

Hugs, Leeza
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    mimivac said:

Good luck, Julie
    You'll do fine today. Please come back on when you can and let us all know how you're doing. We're thinking about you today.

Mimi

Good luck Julie! Post and
    Good luck Julie! Post and update us.

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member

Thank You
    Thank you all for the great welcome and support. I start my first of four cycles of chemo today. I'll be on Taxol with Neulasta shots. I've a fair idea of what to expect, but you never know how you'll feel. I've gained such valuable insight from you all that i feel very calm and not anxious at all. My mom and boyfriend are a little freaked out! I think they expected me to be a wrecK, but they are worse than me!
    I'll post to let you all know how it goes. I know that every one of you will be with me in that infusion room in spirit and heart. That give me so much stregenth.

Julie

By the way, I had a big BBQ this past weekend with family and friends. When I sent out invites, I said "head shaving optional". HaHa. After dinner, everyone took a turn shaving my head and my boyfriends head. Then we celebrated baldness with Red Velvet Cupcakes with candles in them. It was wonderful to have that done with such love and to be surrounded by the people who love you, than to loose your hair to a toxic drug. I highly recomend it. I'll post a new pix of me soon.
    Good luck to you all

Hi, Julie
    I hope things went well with your first chemo. It was the most frightening one for me. After that, I knew what to expect.

Your BBQ and head shaving party was such a great way to handle the hair loss. Red Velvet cupcakes--yum. When your hair grows back, and it will before you know it--maybe you can have a welcome back hair party, cupcakes and all.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Moopy23 said:

Hi, Julie
    I hope things went well with your first chemo. It was the most frightening one for me. After that, I knew what to expect.

Your BBQ and head shaving party was such a great way to handle the hair loss. Red Velvet cupcakes--yum. When your hair grows back, and it will before you know it--maybe you can have a welcome back hair party, cupcakes and all.

How did it go Julie? Let us
    How did it go Julie? Let us know when you feel like it.

Lex♥
  • debragood1
    debragood1 Member Posts: 48
    Alexis F said:

How did it go Julie? Let us
    How did it go Julie? Let us know when you feel like it.

Lex♥

Welcome
    Hey Julie.

Welcome to the boards. Hope chemo went OK. I was pretty scared and my first round wasn't so good but my onc. and I tweaked the meds and that along with knowing a bit more about what to expect makes it more bearable. It is doable. I just had treatment 6 of 8 yesterday and am getting through it. It's not as bad as I though it would be, actually. I hope you have a similar experience.

Best,
    Deb
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Welcome
    Hey Julie.

Welcome to the boards. Hope chemo went OK. I was pretty scared and my first round wasn't so good but my onc. and I tweaked the meds and that along with knowing a bit more about what to expect makes it more bearable. It is doable. I just had treatment 6 of 8 yesterday and am getting through it. It's not as bad as I though it would be, actually. I hope you have a similar experience.

Best,
    Deb

Glad to hear that it wasn't
    Glad to hear that it wasn't too bad for you Deb. And, 6 out of 8? You are almost done!

Hope it goes quickly and smoothly for you.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • debragood1
    susie09 said:

Glad to hear that it wasn't too bad for you Deb. And, 6 out of 8? You are almost done!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

thanks, susie
    all good things to you.

deb
  • debragood1
    susie09 said:

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

thanks, susie
    all good things to you.

deb