please help me

lindsey09
lindsey09 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Brain Cancer #1
I'm really scared. My mom told me today that my step dad has to have a cat scan done this friday bc he's been having headaches a lot lately and hasn't been feeling well. The first thing that popped into her head and my head was brain tumor. My dad died in 2001 bc of a brain tumor. This family can't bear to go through this again.

Hes been having headaches for a while now. He was just put on depression medicine and he hasn't been feeling the best lately. Are these serious signs of a brain tumor or could it be something else?

Please everyone pray for him please. Thank you and God bless.

Comments

• sue Siwek
    sue Siwek Member Posts: 279
    i understand you concerns
    i understand you concerns but please don't get ahead of yourself. there are other things that could be the problem from severe sinus infection, water on the brain, migraines the scan will rule out some of them. an mri may be the next step. i can't help you not to worry but just to say that the above mentioned examples of possible problems can either be cured or at least controlled. you will know soon now all you can do is wait and wonder. sorry, will hope that is something fixable. keep this site posted.
  • PBJ Austin
    PBJ Austin Member Posts: 347 Member
    Hello Lindsey
    Lindsey, I can certainly understand your fears as you lost your dad to a brain tumor. But please, you must not presume the worst in this situation. Headaches can be caused by so many factors!! My husband had severe migranes for years and we now know it was a gum infection and a tooth needed to be pulled. In 1995 I had some strange symptoms and it was indeed a tumor but it was benign. I had it removed and I am fine now.

Please stay in touch and let us know what you find out. If it is benign we will rejoice with you. If it is not benign we will help you in any way we can. And yes of course you will have my prayers.
  • boe62
    boe62 Member Posts: 9
    my tumor

lindsy,ive had an inoperable tumor in left tep for last ten years ,this might help to be honost with you i hardly ever have a headache,and most time when i do it from stressing outtakecare
  • nannyslilangel
    nannyslilangel Member Posts: 9
    It could be anything!!!!
    Hello Lindsey,
    My name is Lisa and i have a brain tumor. Yes I did have a lot of headaches but that doesn't mean your step dad has one. I could be something as simple as stress.
    A friend of mine named Podra Pio would always say "Pray, Hope, and DON'T WORRY!
    You are all in my prayers. Love your stepdad and tell him your behine him.
    LOTS OF HUGS,
    LISA
    PS May Angelwings be around you and your family!
  • cheyennedawn
    cheyennedawn Member Posts: 70
    Hey Lindsey!
    I had a brain tumor removed in Feb of 2000. I have had very bad headaches all my life, and yes, that was one of the symptoms, among many. But, even after my surgery, I still have days where I will have very bad headaches. My sister has always had the same headaches, but they are migrains, and not caused by a tumor. Easier said than done, but try not to borrow trouble and worry too much. Your step dad will have the cat scan, and they will be able to see what is going on with that. Don't loose your faith in God, he is always there, and will comfort you and your family. I know how hard this is, but try to hang in there. Your family will be in my prayers.

love
    Cheyenne