First Post- New Here

Comments

• tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Kylez said:

Welcome rivergypsie and
    Welcome rivergypsie and guitarmom2 to the site!

♥Kylez♥

Julie
    Julie,
    Welcome to this awesome site filled with wonderful women and men who help us through our journey.
    You mentioned that you are HER2+ are you going to have Herceptin as well after your chemo treatments? Herceptin targets the over-expressive protein gene that is in HER2+ and shuts the protein off.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • RiverGypsie
    RiverGypsie Member Posts: 13
    Kylez said:

Welcome rivergypsie and
    Welcome rivergypsie and guitarmom2 to the site!

♥Kylez♥

Thank you!!
    Thanks for the welcome....this site is awesome!! I'm looking forward to sharing, listening, & all the support.

Diane
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411

Thank you!!
    Thanks for the welcome....this site is awesome!! I'm looking forward to sharing, listening, & all the support.

Diane

sorry
    so late for chimeing in my Welcome!!! This site has been the absolute best support I have found!! I LOVE all my new friends here!!!

HUGZ... Calleen
  • Stubbrn
    Stubbrn Member Posts: 19
    WELCOME
    I to am pretty new to this site, started a couple of weeks ago. I come to the discussion board for words of inspiration or just to cry, smile, laugh, we are not alone unfortunitly (I think I spelled that right) having issues with remembering things right now.

Deb
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Calleen said:

sorry
    so late for chimeing in my Welcome!!! This site has been the absolute best support I have found!! I LOVE all my new friends here!!!

HUGZ... Calleen

Hi and welcome! You will
    Hi and welcome! You will find lots to help you here thru the good and the bad!
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Stubbrn said:

WELCOME
    I to am pretty new to this site, started a couple of weeks ago. I come to the discussion board for words of inspiration or just to cry, smile, laugh, we are not alone unfortunitly (I think I spelled that right) having issues with remembering things right now.

Deb

Welcome Julie
    I am glad you found us here. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted. We will be here for you.
    Hugs, Jackie
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    rjjj said:

Welcome Julie
    I am glad you found us here. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted. We will be here for you.
    Hugs, Jackie

Yes, welcome Julie!
    Yes, welcome Julie!

Thanks for the recipes!

☺Lex☺
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Alexis F said:

Yes, welcome Julie!
    Yes, welcome Julie!

Thanks for the recipes!

☺Lex☺

Hi Julie! Glad you found
    Hi Julie! Glad you found us, but, sorry for the reason.

You will find lots of support on the site. Post often and keep us updated on how you are doing.

Leeza
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    jnl said:

Hi Julie! Glad you found

You will find lots of support on the site. Post often and keep us updated on how you are doing.

Leeza

As I began to read posts...
    I realized that, unfortunately, more have joined the boards. Forgive me, but I am giving you all a warm group welcome (I'm old and a former chemo-brainer-a bad combo) and I cannot remember everyone's name and it would take me an unfathomable amount of time to go back and forth between posts to gather (and remember) all of you. And, since I don't want to leave anyone out, a group welcome it is...

That said, "Welcome All."

Like the others have already said, you will find an amazing amount of support here. I wish I had found the site when I was first dx, it would have made this unwanted "journey" a bit more palatable--not easier, just not so lonely.

Wishing all of you well in your treatments and beyond. You will have, as all of us have, ups and downs, but the fine folks here will field them all. I know, they've done it for me--and we do it each other.
    dmc
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Hi Julie and Welcome!
    Hi Julie and Welcome!

I hope that you find a lot of support and encouragement here.

This is a great site with wonderful bc survivors!

Good luck!

♣Susie♠
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

I too, had no risk factors,
    I too, had no risk factors, and had had 3 benign cysts removed over the past 20 years. So when I found this lump, I went to have it checked. But I was not the least concerned about it. After all, with a history of false alarms, I didn't expect this to be anything different. Getting it checked was just a sensible precaution. No one in my family was prepared for the news.

I've had surgery to remove the lump and quite a few lymph nodes. I'll see the oncologist this coming Thursday to discuss the chemotherapy and set up a schedule.

I am new here too, but I have felt so welcomed, and supported already. It's as if all these people have known me forever. Even though I had a good support system in place at home. it is so comforting to know that someone here will really understand when I say I feel really low.

You've come to a good place.

Good luck on Thursday, m_azingrace
    I want to wish you good luck on Thursday m_azingrace. Glad you feel so welcomed.

Let us know what your treatment plan will be when you see your oncologist.

Hugs, ♥Lex
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    jnl said:

Hi Julie! Glad you found

Leeza

I just want to offer my warm
    I just want to offer my warm welcome to you too Julie!

☺♥ Noel ♥☺
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Good luck tomorrow
    Wishing you good luck tomorrow with your first chemo Julie! Please let us know how you are doing when you can.

♥ Kylez ♥
  • butterfly343
    butterfly343 Member Posts: 39
    Thank You
    Thank you all for the great welcome and support. I start my first of four cycles of chemo today. I'll be on Taxol with Neulasta shots. I've a fair idea of what to expect, but you never know how you'll feel. I've gained such valuable insight from you all that i feel very calm and not anxious at all. My mom and boyfriend are a little freaked out! I think they expected me to be a wrecK, but they are worse than me!
    I'll post to let you all know how it goes. I know that every one of you will be with me in that infusion room in spirit and heart. That give me so much stregenth.

Julie

By the way, I had a big BBQ this past weekend with family and friends. When I sent out invites, I said "head shaving optional". HaHa. After dinner, everyone took a turn shaving my head and my boyfriends head. Then we celebrated baldness with Red Velvet Cupcakes with candles in them. It was wonderful to have that done with such love and to be surrounded by the people who love you, than to loose your hair to a toxic drug. I highly recomend it. I'll post a new pix of me soon.
    Good luck to you all
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member

Thank You
    Thank you all for the great welcome and support. I start my first of four cycles of chemo today. I'll be on Taxol with Neulasta shots. I've a fair idea of what to expect, but you never know how you'll feel. I've gained such valuable insight from you all that i feel very calm and not anxious at all. My mom and boyfriend are a little freaked out! I think they expected me to be a wrecK, but they are worse than me!
    I'll post to let you all know how it goes. I know that every one of you will be with me in that infusion room in spirit and heart. That give me so much stregenth.

Julie

By the way, I had a big BBQ this past weekend with family and friends. When I sent out invites, I said "head shaving optional". HaHa. After dinner, everyone took a turn shaving my head and my boyfriends head. Then we celebrated baldness with Red Velvet Cupcakes with candles in them. It was wonderful to have that done with such love and to be surrounded by the people who love you, than to loose your hair to a toxic drug. I highly recomend it. I'll post a new pix of me soon.
    Good luck to you all

Hi Julie
    You sound like you have a good attitude and alot of support (us included) this will be a great help as you go through this.

What a wonderful way to take control over the beast, and show who is boss... I love your idea of your head-shaving party. That is sweet of your boyfriend to join in and show his support also. It sounds like you have many who love you. I can't wait to see your pic. and want to wish you all the best.

Hugs, Jackie
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

Thank You

Julie

Good luck to you all

Hey Julie ☻
    First, good luck today with your chemo. I hope you get thru it with no side effects. If you have some, let your oncologist know. They have lots of meds to help with most anything.

Your bbq sounds like a huge success! And, red velvet cupcakes, yummy! lol Sounds like you have a lot of wonderful people around you. We also will support you in anyway that we can.

Good luck again today and post and keep us updated on you. You are so pretty in your pic that I am sure you will still be just as pretty without hair.

♠♥ Noel ♠♥
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Noel said:

Hey Julie ☻
    First, good luck today with your chemo. I hope you get thru it with no side effects. If you have some, let your oncologist know. They have lots of meds to help with most anything.

Your bbq sounds like a huge success! And, red velvet cupcakes, yummy! lol Sounds like you have a lot of wonderful people around you. We also will support you in anyway that we can.

Good luck again today and post and keep us updated on you. You are so pretty in your pic that I am sure you will still be just as pretty without hair.

♠♥ Noel ♠♥

Wishing you good luck today
    Wishing you good luck today Julie. Post and keep us up to date on you!
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member

Thank You

Julie

Good luck to you all

Good Luck
    I really hope you first treatment goes well, take care and get plenty of rest, and let us know how you're doing.

Also great job in taking control of the beast, and I'm glad to hear you have so many around you that are there to love and support you.

Can't wait to see the new pic!

God Bless

Aurora ♥
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member

Thank You

Julie

Good luck to you all

Good luck, Julie
    You'll do fine today. Please come back on when you can and let us all know how you're doing. We're thinking about you today.

Mimi
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188

Thank You

Julie

Good luck to you all

hey Julie
    Hope everything went well for you today. Post when you can and let us know. I'll trade you a carrot for a cupcake, deal? Pammy