Do you remember Captainhop and Marygale his wife??

amcp
amcp Member Posts: 251 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Those of you that have been on this site since the fall of last year may remember a wonderful couple we got to know here. His name was captainhop and he had colorectal cancer and his wife would write updates for us ..her name is Marygale. If you got to know them they are truly the best. Marygale has been a source of strength for her husband and for me and my husband durning his battle with cancer. We have become great friends. Emailing each other and sending well wishes back and forth. Prayers were answered about HOP..the cancer had no mets and surgery dealt with the cancer. We were all so excited and thankful. Well tonight I got a personal email from Marygale. I knew she has been sick and loosing weight. They have just diagnosed her with cronic lymphocytic leukemia..which is the "good " kind of if you have to have it. It is treatable. So far they do not think she will need chemo or radiation but just medication. She is very week and has lost down to 87 pounds. She asked me for prayers and postive thoughts. I am adding her to my cancer pray list. I told her I was going to let you know ...those of you that remember her and ask that you too send positive thoughts and especially prayers. She is waiting for the results of two more test ...she will find out the results of those two this week. Please pray that these test will show postive results and that she will get her strength back and beable to fight this and live a long and happy life with Hop. Thank you all in advance...we are family here. She is such a great lady ..a special lady..a remarkable friend.
Hugs,
Anna

Comments

• Julie 44
    Julie 44 Member Posts: 476 Member
    Well wishes
    I don't know either of them but I will say a prayer for her to have good results and him to continue to do well....Best wishes ......JULIE
  • PGLGreg
    PGLGreg Member Posts: 731
    I remember Marygale's
    I remember Marygale's postings about captainhop very well -- that's a name that sticks in the memory. I'm very pleased that her doctors have figured out how to treat her, and I do hope things go well with her and captainhop.
    --Greg
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    PGLGreg said:

I remember Marygale's
    I remember Marygale's postings about captainhop very well -- that's a name that sticks in the memory. I'm very pleased that her doctors have figured out how to treat her, and I do hope things go well with her and captainhop.
    --Greg

Yep, I remember em too
    He is a hoot and she puts up with him LOL...I sure do hope for a speedy recovery and well wishes for her. They are both wonderful people......Bless em both........
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Buzzard said:

Yep, I remember em too
    He is a hoot and she puts up with him LOL...I sure do hope for a speedy recovery and well wishes for her. They are both wonderful people......Bless em both........

Awww...
    ...I remember those two, they are good people, and they will be in my thoughts and prayers. I was wondering what was going on with them, since they hadn't posted in awhile, but thanks for the update! they are lovely people.

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Shayenne said:

Awww...
    ...I remember those two, they are good people, and they will be in my thoughts and prayers. I was wondering what was going on with them, since they hadn't posted in awhile, but thanks for the update! they are lovely people.

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

Prayers
    I don't know them but I will definately put them in my prayers.

Jennie
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Thanks Anna
    Thanks Anna - Those two were active on the board right when we joined. Marygale was 100% in support of her hubby. What a tough year for them. I will pray for both of them.
    Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602

Thanks Anna
    Thanks Anna - Those two were active on the board right when we joined. Marygale was 100% in support of her hubby. What a tough year for them. I will pray for both of them.
    Aloha,
    Kathleen

lots of prayers your way
    My heart breaks reading these stories. Lots of prayers for Marygale.
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    sfmarie said:

lots of prayers your way
    My heart breaks reading these stories. Lots of prayers for Marygale.

Yes I do Remember
    Sending my prayers And i hope she will get better soon.

michelle
  • Sigma34
    Sigma34 Member Posts: 203

Yes I do Remember
    Sending my prayers And i hope she will get better soon.

michelle

I'm new so I don't know them
    I'm new so I don't know them but my family will add them to our prayers.

Christine
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    yes, I remember them
    Anna,

Yes I remember them too. I'm glad to hear captain hop is doing well, but sorry to hear about Marygale. I will remember her in prayer. Thanks for letting us know.

Lisa