I need all of your help

Julie 44
Julie 44 Member Posts: 476 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Please help I am making myself CRAZY.....My surgery is on Monday for them to remove my gallbladder and repair two hernias.I am making myself crazy..I am crying non stop because I keep having the gallbladder pain but also pain in my lower right side. Plus I have a massive headache.I am sooo afraid that the beast is showing its ugly head again!!!! I had a CEA test in July and it came out good but I am sooo crazy about the other pains that I feel like I am loosing my mind... Left messages for doctor but no return call yet.....Now what do I do?????????JULIE

Comments

• lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    Julie
    Julie - Take a deep breath. Do not make yourself crazy. Have you taken any medication for your headache and pain? Please try to relax. The doctor will return your call. If not, call again. Do you have a 24 hour nurse line with your insurance? Please know that everything will be ok. You will get through this. We are here for you and wish you a calm and pain free evening. Take a warm bath, put on some relaxing music, watch a comedy, pray, keep reminding yourself that you can do this. Everything will be ok. The doctors will take care of you. You can do this.
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893

Julie
    Julie - Take a deep breath. Do not make yourself crazy. Have you taken any medication for your headache and pain? Please try to relax. The doctor will return your call. If not, call again. Do you have a 24 hour nurse line with your insurance? Please know that everything will be ok. You will get through this. We are here for you and wish you a calm and pain free evening. Take a warm bath, put on some relaxing music, watch a comedy, pray, keep reminding yourself that you can do this. Everything will be ok. The doctors will take care of you. You can do this.

Julie - I just read your profile.
    What have been the most important things that have helped you through your survivorship?
    My family and friends have been what makes me carry on...I want to see my daughter go to College and someday get married and have a family..

What have you learned from your experiences that you would like to share?
    Just keep on going and doing what you have to do as far as treatment goes..Then you MUST continue with your life..Don't let this monster beat you...

Are there positive experiences you would like to share?
    I never thought of myself as a strong person but now I realize I am.
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    Julie: the gallbladder and
    Julie: the gallbladder and hernia pain is awful, been there and done that. Depending on how much you have been crying, that actually will bring on a headache. Been there! What can you do about the pain and anxiety? Do you have anything to take, any pain pills or valium? I have been through a lot of pain issues lately. I am not thinking cancer for myself, but I will tell you, the constant pain, mine was like a 6-7, in my leg, both thumbs and shoulder was enough to push me over the edge. It was like I could deal with one of them, but all of them, forget it. I know you are afraid this is cancer, but you need to hear that it could very well be just normal dumb old hernia and gallbladder pain. When I had gallbladder attacks, OMG, I felt like I was going to explode. Try to deal with the pain NOW- if you don't have anything for it, get something for it.
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Patteee said:

Julie: the gallbladder and
    Julie: the gallbladder and hernia pain is awful, been there and done that. Depending on how much you have been crying, that actually will bring on a headache. Been there! What can you do about the pain and anxiety? Do you have anything to take, any pain pills or valium? I have been through a lot of pain issues lately. I am not thinking cancer for myself, but I will tell you, the constant pain, mine was like a 6-7, in my leg, both thumbs and shoulder was enough to push me over the edge. It was like I could deal with one of them, but all of them, forget it. I know you are afraid this is cancer, but you need to hear that it could very well be just normal dumb old hernia and gallbladder pain. When I had gallbladder attacks, OMG, I felt like I was going to explode. Try to deal with the pain NOW- if you don't have anything for it, get something for it.

It Will Be Fine
    Julie,
    I know exactly how you feel. It's the what if's and the unknown that drive us batty. Before my last scan I just knew that my whole insides were gonna light up and I would be ate up with the stuff. It's so hard every time we feel a pain not to blame it on cancer. Please try to relax. I know thats hard to do right now. I agree with Patteee...if your pain is bad get something for it now.

Hugsss

Jennie
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member

It Will Be Fine
    Julie,
    I know exactly how you feel. It's the what if's and the unknown that drive us batty. Before my last scan I just knew that my whole insides were gonna light up and I would be ate up with the stuff. It's so hard every time we feel a pain not to blame it on cancer. Please try to relax. I know thats hard to do right now. I agree with Patteee...if your pain is bad get something for it now.

Hugsss

Jennie

emergency room................
    Thats where I would go just after taking maybe a lortab if available...I certainly wouldn't stay at home. It could be the gall bladder........
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    ER
    Julie,

Pain in the lower right side could also be the appendix (I had mine out when I was 12 & still remember what it felt like). IF it's the appendix, try gently pushing in the belly on that side, then letting it go quickly. If it hurts more upon the release than when pushing in, that's a sign it very well could be the appendix (at least that was the medical advice my friend's mom who was a nurse told my mom when I had my appendicitis at age 12- the advice was correct for me then, anyhow).

If you don't get relief or doctors to answer you back, I'd go into ER & demand an exam and a CT and/or MRI to see if they can see anything more.

I'll be praying for you-
    Hugs,
    Lisa
  • Julie 44
    Julie 44 Member Posts: 476 Member
    lisa42 said:

ER
    Julie,

Pain in the lower right side could also be the appendix (I had mine out when I was 12 & still remember what it felt like). IF it's the appendix, try gently pushing in the belly on that side, then letting it go quickly. If it hurts more upon the release than when pushing in, that's a sign it very well could be the appendix (at least that was the medical advice my friend's mom who was a nurse told my mom when I had my appendicitis at age 12- the advice was correct for me then, anyhow).

If you don't get relief or doctors to answer you back, I'd go into ER & demand an exam and a CT and/or MRI to see if they can see anything more.

I'll be praying for you-
    Hugs,
    Lisa

Thanks
    I am feeling better today..The pain meds did help alittle and then I finally feel to sleep...I am going to stay very busy today so I have no chance of thinking about anything...I also will takes my meds BEFORE the pain starts on a reg. schudle..Not waiting until I can't take the pain anymore that was stupid on my part...
    I know I got myself all worked up for no reason(probably) but it is way to scarey what they might find....Thank you everyone for all the help........JULIE
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Julie 44 said:

Thanks
    I am feeling better today..The pain meds did help alittle and then I finally feel to sleep...I am going to stay very busy today so I have no chance of thinking about anything...I also will takes my meds BEFORE the pain starts on a reg. schudle..Not waiting until I can't take the pain anymore that was stupid on my part...
    I know I got myself all worked up for no reason(probably) but it is way to scarey what they might find....Thank you everyone for all the help........JULIE

and then again...................
    they might find.................................................nothing !!!

keep the chin up.....
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Thinking of You
    I'm glad you are feeling better. I pray that all goes well tomorrow and that you have little or no pain after surgery. You are probably feeling the gallbladder pain with the hernia. If it does get worse before tomorrow, you should do what the others suggested and go to the ER. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow and let us know when you get home.

Kim
  • Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596
    Julie 44 said:

Thanks

Glad you feel better
    We are thinking of you. Things will be alright. Good luck, Julie. Paula G.
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Gall bladder
    Julie, I had virtually no pain from the gall bladder removal and hope you don't either. Of course, I didn't have hernias to deal with.

Anyhow, will remember you in prayer that all goes well and no surprises.

Like the others said, if you have gall bladder pain tonight, go to the ER. Mine was removed after two trips to the ER in one night. Gall bladder pain is awful!