Next stop, Oncology Dept...

Bella Luna
Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Afternoon All,

I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer in June 2009. I went in for a routine mammogram this past April. A cluster was found and the rest is history. It's invasive, grade 3.

I meet with the oncologist this Monday, August 17th. Am nervous about the meeting as I know the course of treatment will be delivered. Have questions lined up for the doctor. I hope he can answer them and be patient with me.

Please send a prayer my way as I am getting antsy with the prospects of what's in store for me. Thanks in advance for well wishes and prayers.

Fondly,

Bella Luna

PS My best to you on your journey with "C".

Comments

• Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    ♥Belle Luna
    You will be in my prayers and thoughts Belle Luna! I will also add you to our prayer list at church. Take care!

☻Love Jeanne♥
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Glad you found us
    Hi Bella ... Welcome to the group no one wants to belong to. You have come to the right place for information, support, etc. I'm so sorry about your diagnosis ... but just know that we've all been there and it's perfectly normal to feel "antsy" about what's in store for you. Regardless of the treatment plan ... I'm sure there are people here on this board who will be glad to share their experiences with and be there when you need a virtual hug ... or hand held. We're all in this together ... and I can't tell you what a comfort this group of strong women (and a few men) have been to me. It seems there's someone here 24-7 to listen to me in good times and bad ... and to patiently listen to me vent when I needed to "yell" at someone who would understand. We all understand ... and we welcome you with open arms and hearts.

Keep us posted regarding your appointment with the doctor.

hugs.
    teena
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I was diagnosed in 2003.
    I was diagnosed in 2003. Just get through treatment one day at a time and one of these days you will be looking back at it. Hang in there.
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Bella
    I will be praying for you and for the best outcome on the 17th. Keep us posted. we will be there for you.
    Hugs, jackie
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Gracias
    Hi All,

Thank you all for your prayers. Appreciated your kind words and prayers. Will keep you posted on the outcome.

Bella Luna
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    HI Bella Luna`
    Boy did you come to the right place!

My cancer is grade 3 invasive too. I had bilateral mastectomy but the cancer was only on the right side. I am currently doing chemo and will have my 4th treatment tomorrow.

Everyone here knows exactly what youre going thru so post often and keep us updated. There is always someone here who can related or has experienced what you are experiencing.

Hugs
    Linda T
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Bella, though sorry for the
    Bella, though sorry for the reason you are joining us, I am glad you found this site.. you will find a wealth of information and a lot of support... welcome..

Hugs

~T
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Bella luna
    I was diagnosed this past april and had a double mastectomy in June. I am praying for you. I know its all scary and overwhelming. Take care and let us know what is going on.

laura
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    taleena said:

Bella, though sorry for the
    Bella, though sorry for the reason you are joining us, I am glad you found this site.. you will find a wealth of information and a lot of support... welcome..

Hugs

~T

Praying for you!
    Hugs, Leeza

Praying for you!

Hugs, Leeza
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    lolad said:

Bella luna
    I was diagnosed this past april and had a double mastectomy in June. I am praying for you. I know its all scary and overwhelming. Take care and let us know what is going on.

laura

Just wanted to welcome also
    You'll find this is great place to come to talk and get support.

Good luck on Monday and God bless you

Aurora ♥
  • Reikigemgirl
    Reikigemgirl Member Posts: 278
    Waiting....
    is the hardest part of all of this. Wait for these results, wait for this doctors appt. It seems to never end. Once you get your treatment plan you will be able to move on with things and head towards the road to recovery. I just went last Tuesday to get my plan so I know just how you are feeling. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and Light,
    Vicki
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Sorry to hear of your
    Sorry to hear of your diagnosis. But you have come to the right place. Welcome to the club that no one wants to be in - the BC club. I do agree that the waiting is hard, but once your treatment begins, it will fly past. Just take it a day at a time--Let us know what happens.

Hugs & prayers headed your way!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Welcome, Bella Luna
    Glad you found us, though regretful for the reason.

Best wishes for your med onc appointment on Monday. Let us know your plan. We'll be here for you, every step of the way.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    mlmjt1 said:

HI Bella Luna`
    Boy did you come to the right place!

My cancer is grade 3 invasive too. I had bilateral mastectomy but the cancer was only on the right side. I am currently doing chemo and will have my 4th treatment tomorrow.

Everyone here knows exactly what youre going thru so post often and keep us updated. There is always someone here who can related or has experienced what you are experiencing.

Hugs
    Linda T

Congrats Linda on having 4
    Congrats Linda on having 4 done by now! How many more do you have? Close to the end?

Hugs, Leeza
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549

Welcome, Bella Luna
    Glad you found us, though regretful for the reason.

Best wishes for your med onc appointment on Monday. Let us know your plan. We'll be here for you, every step of the way.

Bella Luna, Welcome
    to the boards. Sorry for the reason for your visit here, but glad you found us. You'll find us to be very supportive, cuz we've all been where you are right now. You will find us crying together and, believe it or not, even laughing together. Now, where is can you find such an amazing group who really understands and, what's even more amazing, everyone accepts everyone else. What a group!

Keep us posted whenever you can and know that we are with you every step of the way. Positive thoughts and prayers being sent your way as I type away...
    dmc
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Marcia527 said:

I was diagnosed in 2003.
    I was diagnosed in 2003. Just get through treatment one day at a time and one of these days you will be looking back at it. Hang in there.

Putting you in my prayers!
    Putting you in my prayers! Keep us updated!

Wishing the best luck possible!

Hugs ♥Lex♥
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    dmc_emmy said:

Bella Luna, Welcome
    to the boards. Sorry for the reason for your visit here, but glad you found us. You'll find us to be very supportive, cuz we've all been where you are right now. You will find us crying together and, believe it or not, even laughing together. Now, where is can you find such an amazing group who really understands and, what's even more amazing, everyone accepts everyone else. What a group!

Keep us posted whenever you can and know that we are with you every step of the way. Positive thoughts and prayers being sent your way as I type away...
    dmc

I am sending you positive
    I am sending you positive thoughts and lots of prayers!

Keep us posted and updated!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    lots of prayers will go up
    lots of prayers will go up for you. Just know u never walk along.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    ladybug22 said:

lots of prayers will go up
    lots of prayers will go up for you. Just know u never walk along.

Sending you prayers!

Sending you prayers!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Sending you prayers!

Sending you prayers!

I will keep you in my
    I will keep you in my prayers!

♥ Kylez ♥