Romance - What do you do?

nudgie
nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Since so many of us women have issue with romance and intimancy pre and post treatments, I thought it would be a good idea to pass along what has helped to keep the romance going?

Here is what we have done:

a) Sexy teddies
b) White muscle t-shirt only
c) Watching movies
d) Bath with bubbles and candles
e) Beach atmoshpere - balcony area :)
f) Romantic get-a-ways - started in 2007 and have continued - BEST IDEA
g) Waiting for long periods than letting emotions and feelings take over - REALLY good sex :)
h) Lubricants

What is funny, sex is not high on my list, but my hubby could have it every day, twice a day. We are totally opposite, but he completely UNDERSTANDS!!!!!

Comments

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Intimacy
    Right now, to be honest, that is the last thing on my mind. I have pain from surgery, an ostomy, and pain if we try. Although my husband is understanding, I feel bad for him.

I do agree that there is more to intimacy than making love and I totally agree with your ideas above, they are all wonderful suggestions.

I'm sure once my chemo is done and I have my energy things will change.

Kim
  • eric38
    eric38 Member Posts: 583

Intimacy
    Right now, to be honest, that is the last thing on my mind. I have pain from surgery, an ostomy, and pain if we try. Although my husband is understanding, I feel bad for him.

I do agree that there is more to intimacy than making love and I totally agree with your ideas above, they are all wonderful suggestions.

Kim

A few suggestions
    A few suggestions:
    a)Swinging from chandeliers
    b)Strobe lights
    c)Stripper pole
    d)Video cam
    e)Monkey suit

Eric } : . }
  • Julie 44
    Julie 44 Member Posts: 476 Member
    eric38 said:

A few suggestions
    A few suggestions:
    b)Strobe lights
    c)Stripper pole
    d)Video cam
    e)Monkey suit

Ha Ha
    OMG Eric you are to funny........No monkey suit everything else sounds good...............JULIE
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Julie 44 said:

Ha Ha
    OMG Eric you are to funny........No monkey suit everything else sounds good...............JULIE

Hmmmm.......
    I think a hamburger and a good bowl of beans would be a lot less trouble........ :)
  • bdee
    bdee Member Posts: 304

Intimacy

Kim

Intimacy
    Sex is far from what I'm looking forward to right now. The one time since my surgery that we tried, I bled for a couple of hours. Avastin, thanks a lot. But I understand my husband's needs and he's tense enough with work and taking care of me on my chemo weeks, so I "take care" of him. This may not be what some of you want to hear, but I feel like he takes care of me so well, that I really want to reciprocate. You notice I said "want to" this isn't mandatory and I always initiate the process. I don't even want to think about "doing the deed" myself, but I don't want him to "suffer" because of me.
  • mommyof2kds
    mommyof2kds Member Posts: 519
    eric38 said:

A few suggestions
    A few suggestions:
    b)Strobe lights
    c)Stripper pole
    d)Video cam
    e)Monkey suit

what a sense of humor you
    what a sense of humor you have,, made me laugh out loud....
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    eric38 said:

A few suggestions
    A few suggestions:
    b)Strobe lights
    c)Stripper pole
    d)Video cam
    e)Monkey suit

*raises eyebrows*
    Where to start with you, you naughty boy! You're a mess, but you always make us laugh.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • tiny one
    tiny one Member Posts: 465 Member
    eric38 said:

A few suggestions
    A few suggestions:
    b)Strobe lights
    c)Stripper pole
    d)Video cam
    e)Monkey suit

Now that I'd like to see,
    Now that I'd like to see, someone swingin from a chandelier. For me it would be nakedness on a tractor, nothin but a tool belt on. And man cookin in the kitchen. Gets my blood goin.
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    bdee said:

Intimacy
    Sex is far from what I'm looking forward to right now. The one time since my surgery that we tried, I bled for a couple of hours. Avastin, thanks a lot. But I understand my husband's needs and he's tense enough with work and taking care of me on my chemo weeks, so I "take care" of him. This may not be what some of you want to hear, but I feel like he takes care of me so well, that I really want to reciprocate. You notice I said "want to" this isn't mandatory and I always initiate the process. I don't even want to think about "doing the deed" myself, but I don't want him to "suffer" because of me.

I think....
    ...the monkey suit sounds sorta interesting LOL...

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • krystle singer
    krystle singer Member Posts: 108
    eric38 said:

A few suggestions
    A few suggestions:
    b)Strobe lights
    c)Stripper pole
    d)Video cam
    e)Monkey suit

Great ideas!
    Love the stripper pole one! Not sure how I'd do at climbing one, but do have a picture of me posing on a pole at my girl friend's swimming pool. Not too bad! But then, I'm a real ham anyway. My husband liked the picture even if no one else did. It was just one of the poles on her gazebo, but one must make good use of what one can find!

Cute, Eric!

Hugs, Sandi