All the prayers are working

eric38
eric38 Member Posts: 583
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I am not quite ned but I am about as close as you can get. Liver - Almost complete resolution. Pelvis - All clear. Abdomen - still some lymph involvement with low activity. The good news is I will be off the erbitux. The bad news is I will still have 3 more months to go on a different regimen to get me completely ned. The only reason it is bad news is because the new drugs have harsher side affects. My oncologist is switching me to oxy and avastin. Oh well, at least he gave me this week off. Thank God! I needed it.Thank you for all the prayers and support. Evidently it is working, so keep it up. The Doc was impressed. I hope all goes well for all of you.

Eric ( : . )

Comments

• Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    yesssssss
    yahoooooooooooo, yipppeeeeeeeeee
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Yipeee
    That is wonderful news. It sounds like what your oncologist scheduled for you was working very well. I'm on oxy and it is hard on you, but it's manageable. My biggest complaint is the cold sensitivity. Everyone reacts different to it so it might just be fine for you. So glad that you got some very positive news. Enjoy your week off chemo and go and doing something really fun. Prayers are still coming.

Kim
  • menright
    menright Member Posts: 256 Member
    Good news Indeed
    Eric:

Congrats on the progress. Good luck with the OXY and Avastin. 3 months will be over in no time at all.

Best wishes.

Mike
  • colon2
    colon2 Member Posts: 183
    menright said:

Good news Indeed
    Eric:

Congrats on the progress. Good luck with the OXY and Avastin. 3 months will be over in no time at all.

Best wishes.

Mike

good luck
    So glad to hear that you got good news, and I will be praying for you to continue to get better. I go for #12 on Monday, and I can hardly wait to get the PT scan and see if it worked. Let's all keep fighting and one day we WILL KILL this beast.
    Carletta
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    That's Incredible!
    Unbelievable Eric!

Nothing short of amazing stuff. Such a quick turnaround - it all happened so quickly.

Thanks for letting everybody know - you are a miracle story to be sure.

-Craig
  • donnare
    donnare Member Posts: 266
    Great news!
    That is really great news Eric - so happy for you!!!

Be well,
    Donna
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Good for you!
    Prayers work believe me,I'm very happy for you.
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    That's GREAT Eric
    You may become NED but you'll always be Eric to me! That's good news that you will be off the Erbitux (I just had a refill today!), the oxy stinks but I don't remember Avastin being that bad, but it was over 5 years ago so I may have forgotten. That really is terrific news!
    Not to knock the prayers (who...me???), but many of us were sending positive healing thoughts to you too. It all helps, prayers, positive thoughts...everything good for someone who is good.
    -phil
  • mommyof2kds
    mommyof2kds Member Posts: 519
    great!!!
    Wonderful.. I am sure you will do fine with the new chemo. Best of luck.. You will do great..
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    I'm sitting here getting about to get my AVASTIN
    Great news!!
  • sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602
    Nana b said:

I'm sitting here getting about to get my AVASTIN
    Great news!!

Fantastic
    Eric,

I have been reading your posts since I joined this board. You are amazing! That is such great news.

Marie
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Great News
    So glad to hear the good news on your scan!!

Amy
  • lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    Woohoo!
    That's awesome news Eric!
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Eric, I'm just thrilled!
    That's GREAT news and I'm still praying for you and cheering you along! You bring life to these forums and great humor, too.

Hang in the my friend!

Diane
  • eric38
    eric38 Member Posts: 583
    PhillieG said:

That's GREAT Eric
    You may become NED but you'll always be Eric to me! That's good news that you will be off the Erbitux (I just had a refill today!), the oxy stinks but I don't remember Avastin being that bad, but it was over 5 years ago so I may have forgotten. That really is terrific news!
    Not to knock the prayers (who...me???), but many of us were sending positive healing thoughts to you too. It all helps, prayers, positive thoughts...everything good for someone who is good.
    -phil

Sorry, Phil
    I did not mean to leave out the people who are sending positive thoughts. That is just as important. I appreciate all of you and wish the best for you. I`ve seen enough posts on here to know that oxy pretty much sucks. When he told me he was putting me on oxy I cringed but I`ll do whatever it takes. Thanks so much for the support, it makes all the difference. You all are like family. Although Phil is more like the wierd uncle. Uncle Phil is here - He always smells like pot and don`t pull his finger.

P.s.
    Phil - I`m kidding but I couldn`t resist.

Eric } : . }
  • KFen725
    KFen725 Member Posts: 108 Member
    All right!
    Eric, have been thinking about your onc visit all morning and am thrilled to hear that you got great news! We will keep praying for a full & complete healing for you and only good things from here on out. My mom is on FOLFOX (with oxy, of course) and Avastin right now and so far her side effects have been fairly minimal, so hopefully that will be the case for you, too.

Best wishes!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Great news!
    I had Oxy, but not Avastin. As others have said, it was not a walk in the park, but it was doable. Be prepared for the cold sensitivity, and also I had mouth sores and a constant taste of metal to everything.

BUT, 3 months is less than 4, and if you break it down to weeks, well, it's almost over before it starts!!! I had a weekly calendar that I put a gold star over each day till the end.

Hugs, Kathi
  • claud1951
    claud1951 Member Posts: 424 Member
    That's great, Eric.
    Not to

That's great, Eric.

Not to great about the Oxil (as the others have said) but hey, you can do anything.

Muscle spasms may be part of it. I had those in calves of legs, hands, mouth. Seems like the slower the nurses made the drip the better I was. That could be just me, though.

Thumbs up!

Claudia
    Stage III
    NED (for 2 years)
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Great News
    Prayers will continue....You keep doing what your doing and you will be NED before you know it...

God Bless
    Beth
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    eric38 said:

Sorry, Phil
    I did not mean to leave out the people who are sending positive thoughts. That is just as important. I appreciate all of you and wish the best for you. I`ve seen enough posts on here to know that oxy pretty much sucks. When he told me he was putting me on oxy I cringed but I`ll do whatever it takes. Thanks so much for the support, it makes all the difference. You all are like family. Although Phil is more like the wierd uncle. Uncle Phil is here - He always smells like pot and don`t pull his finger.

P.s.
    Phil - I`m kidding but I couldn`t resist.

Eric } : . }

I dare you
    Do you feel lucky? Well do ya...punk???
    Pull my finger!
    Eric, I took what you said as a compliment. We are all different and everyone probably has (or is) a weird uncle whether they want to admit it or not. I like to stir the pot (or smoke it) and sometimes make people a little uncomfortable with some of the topics I will bring up. We are not all alike nor do we have the same way of expressing how we want you to get better but I believe our hearts are all in the same place.

The Oxy, listen, you've been through the Erbitux. That speaks volumes for your inner and outer strength. The sensitivity to cold is not great, one good thing is that it's still summer. I went through most of mine in the winter months and I felt like my nose or fingers would fall off. I had trouble with ice cream too but I learned to forgo it or to eat very tiny bites. You will look back at it in due time and realize that it wasn't so bad after all.
    Hang in there, positive healing thoughts are still coming your way...
    -p