So far so good!!

woodsygal
woodsygal Member Posts: 64
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi friends,

So far I am doing fine. I had a terrific headache last night, but wasn't sure from chemo or the humidity. Popped tylenol and went to sleep. Slept into the late morning. Getting OCD about my hair already, checked my pillow lol!! Will see how the rest of the day goes. At least it is cooler out. I waited until midnight to take the dogs for their last walk last night. Will update as things go! Love...Carlie

Comments

• outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Woodsy,
    glad to hear that things are going well so far!
    It will probably take some time before your hair starts to come out-but yeah,I remember,when I knew about the time it was going to come out I started "testing" it every day and would gently yank on it a little. I know this might be tmi (too much information) for all of you,but believe it or not,Woodsy,my pubic hair fell out first!
    I hope your next treatment goes just as well if not easier!
  • woodsygal

Woodsy,
    glad to hear that things are going well so far!
    It will probably take some time before your hair starts to come out-but yeah,I remember,when I knew about the time it was going to come out I started "testing" it every day and would gently yank on it a little. I know this might be tmi (too much information) for all of you,but believe it or not,Woodsy,my pubic hair fell out first!
    I hope your next treatment goes just as well if not easier!

Outdoorgirl....
    Not too much Info...I hope that area is the first!!!! I just ate some pineapple, and my puppy had some too. I need to get my nails done, they are just too icky...ughhh...I am just letting myself go LOL!! I do not have high expectations that I will not feel the effects at all, but, I am prepared for it!! You and the others are an inspiration to us new gals!!
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    woodsygal said:

Outdoorgirl....
    Not too much Info...I hope that area is the first!!!! I just ate some pineapple, and my puppy had some too. I need to get my nails done, they are just too icky...ughhh...I am just letting myself go LOL!! I do not have high expectations that I will not feel the effects at all, but, I am prepared for it!! You and the others are an inspiration to us new gals!!

Happy
    to hear that you are doing well. I had my first chemo last tuesday and am just getting back on track because my insurance didnt want to prior authorize one of my nausea meds. They finally did though and wow! Its amazing. I went shopping yesterday for a wig and got one, so i know how you are feeling on the hair thing. Take care

laura
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    lolad said:

Happy
    to hear that you are doing well. I had my first chemo last tuesday and am just getting back on track because my insurance didnt want to prior authorize one of my nausea meds. They finally did though and wow! Its amazing. I went shopping yesterday for a wig and got one, so i know how you are feeling on the hair thing. Take care

laura

Doing well
    Glad you are doing well Carlie. As far as the hair goes ... just be prepared. Before I even started chemo I ordered a cute little denim hat from tlc. I think most people find the hair loss starts between day 12-20 of their first treatment. For me it was day 15 and I just ran my hand through my hair and ended up with a fist full. I did it again and got another fist full of hair ... so I called a girlfriend and told her to get her clippers out that I was on my way over ... with my little denim hat. Wasn't bad at all. Guess I've never put that much focus on my hair ... so if it was gone ... it was gone.

Like others have said ... I found it to be quite freeing. Although I don't go out in public without my hat ... it's great to not have to dry or comb or brush ... or curl ... or just plain mess with my hair. Very low maintenance!

hugs.
    teena
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Carlie
    Sorry about your headache. It could just be from stress. Glad

the chemo went ok for you. Hope you have a great day!

♥Love, Jeanne♥
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Jeanne D said:

Carlie
    Sorry about your headache. It could just be from stress. Glad

the chemo went ok for you. Hope you have a great day!

♥Love, Jeanne♥

Glad you got thru that first
    Glad you got thru that first one Carlie. I am sure you will do fine now.
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Sound Like you're doing good so far
    I just hope it continues, keep us posted and let us know how you're doing!

God Bless

Aurora
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Woodsygal... keeping
    Woodsygal... keeping positive thoughts for you... glad that you are hanging in there... don't worry about the ODC... I think we can all get there sometimes..

♥ & hugs...

~T
  • Lakegirl
    Lakegirl Member Posts: 15
    Chemo
    I start chemo on Thursday, 8-13. I am scared. Not sure what to expect. You sound like you've done okay. How are you now? Tired? Are you planning on trying to work?
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Lakegirl said:

Chemo
    I start chemo on Thursday, 8-13. I am scared. Not sure what to expect. You sound like you've done okay. How are you now? Tired? Are you planning on trying to work?

Good luck to you too
    Good luck to you too Lakegirl.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Lakegirl said:

Chemo

Good luck
    Lakegirl, keep reading the post. It is scary but they will help ease your mind the more you learn what to expect.
    Carlie, glad to hear you made it through the first one which I understand is always the hardest. Good job!
    Pammy
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Good news, woodsygal...
    Glad to know you're doing well. Will be hoping it continues that way for you...
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Happy to hear you are doing
    Happy to hear you are doing ok Carlie!

I hope the remainder goes just as well or better for you

Keep us updated on how you are doing!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    lolad said:

Happy

laura

Glad you insurance finally
    Glad your insurance finally came thru Laura. They can be a pain sometimes!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Good news, woodsygal...

Happy to read that you are
    Happy to read that it went well.

I hope it continues for you!

Take care of yourself!

Keep us updated on how you are doing!

Praying for you

Hugs!
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    When i started losing my
    When i started losing my hair, I ordered a wig from TLC, which is through the American Cancer Society, and it was really cute. It is called the "nicole" and was $45. I think the color i got was sunkissed, I got alot of complements on it. I had a really cool Phillies breast cancer cap that i wore alot.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

Good news, woodsygal...

That is good.
    That is good. :)
  • woodsygal
    meena1 said:

When i started losing my
    When i started losing my hair, I ordered a wig from TLC, which is through the American Cancer Society, and it was really cute. It is called the "nicole" and was $45. I think the color i got was sunkissed, I got alot of complements on it. I had a really cool Phillies breast cancer cap that i wore alot.

Meena1....
    I saw the Nicole wig, it is adorable. I do have two wigs already! What is this about "Phillies"? Naw, a friend made me a Patriots scarf already LOL!!! You made my day!! Love ya, Carlie