PELVIC NODES REMOVALS-PAIN AFTER SURGERY

maryln3
maryln3 Member Posts: 62
BLADDER IS WORKING WITH CONFIRMED YEAST INFECTION

BOWELS ARE WORKING...WENT FROM SOLID TO DIAHARRIA IS THAT OK?

I STILL HAVE STOMACH PAIN..IS THIS OK? HYSTERECTOMY LAST MONTH NO PAIN

THIS IS 4 INCHES ABOVE BELLY BUTTON FEELS LIKE BELCHING IS COMING FROM THERE?

ALSO FEELS LIKE I HAVE A SINUS PROBLEM..CANNOT GET RID OF THE PHELM ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED

I CALLED DOCTOR BUT HE WAS IN SURGERY TILL LATE LAT NITE AND WILL NOT BE CALLING BACK UNTIL TODAY

CALLED TO GET RESULTS OF BISOSY AT THE CANCER CENTER THEN WERE TO CALL EM LAST NITE THAT WAS A NO SHOW..NOT THAT I EXPECTED A RETURN CALL...

Comments

• lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980
    Isn't there an Oncology NURSE at your clinic available to you?
    I wish I had some answers for your medical questions, but I don't. I remember that post-surgery gas pain, and thinking "This is what hell must be like,", so you have my sincere sympathy. I often say, after the surgery, chemo and radiation are a piece of cake comparitively. ((((BIG HUG)))).

The oncology nurse at my hospital's chemotherapy/hemotology has always been available for my phone calls and questions, no matter how trivial they may have been. Even if you aren't connected yet to the chemo department, your surgeon probably has a Physician's Assistant that should be responsive to your calls. I can't imagine reaching out for help to the oncology department and being ignored! Cancer is BIG BUSINESS and, I imagine, very profitable for hospitals. Where I go, cancer patients are 'special' and have our own gated parking lot and free valet parking, which I attribute to the hundreds of thousands my insurance alone has already paid out to them. You need to find out WHOSE responsibility it is to answer your question, and then ask for them by name when you call.

I am so sorry that they have disappointed you so badly that you don't even expect a return call. My chemo oncologist (the HEAD of the oncology department) called me personally on SUNDAY to give me the results of the CT-scan I had on Friday, so that I wouldn't have to worry and wonder a minute longer than necessary. Maybe his interest is because UPSC is a rare cancer and I started treatment as an unusually ridiculously healthy individual otherwise, making his job easier. Or maybe it was the baseball hat I got him for Christmas that had on it "I love the smell of chemo in the morning; Smells like remission". But I always felt from the start that I was a real person to him, not just a patient or a diagnosis. And I DID give little token goodie bags of note pads and cookies, etc. to everyone on staff at the clinic, and try to always send out 'thank you' notes for special kindnesses, and I think that goes a long way in garnering the attention and help of the staff, well worth the small effort. I bumped into my chemo oncologist once outside of the hospital campus, and he came right over to me and asked me how I was doing and joked with my husband about a conversation they'd had the last time I was in. And the radiation staff all gave me big hugs at a 'Celebrate Life' cancer survivors' event. Every cancer patient deserves that kind of relationship with the team that practically holds your life in their hands.
  • deanna14
    deanna14 Member Posts: 732

Isn't there an Oncology NURSE at your clinic available to you?
    I wish I had some answers for your medical questions, but I don't. I remember that post-surgery gas pain, and thinking "This is what hell must be like,", so you have my sincere sympathy. I often say, after the surgery, chemo and radiation are a piece of cake comparitively. ((((BIG HUG)))).

The oncology nurse at my hospital's chemotherapy/hemotology has always been available for my phone calls and questions, no matter how trivial they may have been. Even if you aren't connected yet to the chemo department, your surgeon probably has a Physician's Assistant that should be responsive to your calls. I can't imagine reaching out for help to the oncology department and being ignored! Cancer is BIG BUSINESS and, I imagine, very profitable for hospitals. Where I go, cancer patients are 'special' and have our own gated parking lot and free valet parking, which I attribute to the hundreds of thousands my insurance alone has already paid out to them. You need to find out WHOSE responsibility it is to answer your question, and then ask for them by name when you call.

I am so sorry that they have disappointed you so badly that you don't even expect a return call. My chemo oncologist (the HEAD of the oncology department) called me personally on SUNDAY to give me the results of the CT-scan I had on Friday, so that I wouldn't have to worry and wonder a minute longer than necessary. Maybe his interest is because UPSC is a rare cancer and I started treatment as an unusually ridiculously healthy individual otherwise, making his job easier. Or maybe it was the baseball hat I got him for Christmas that had on it "I love the smell of chemo in the morning; Smells like remission". But I always felt from the start that I was a real person to him, not just a patient or a diagnosis. And I DID give little token goodie bags of note pads and cookies, etc. to everyone on staff at the clinic, and try to always send out 'thank you' notes for special kindnesses, and I think that goes a long way in garnering the attention and help of the staff, well worth the small effort. I bumped into my chemo oncologist once outside of the hospital campus, and he came right over to me and asked me how I was doing and joked with my husband about a conversation they'd had the last time I was in. And the radiation staff all gave me big hugs at a 'Celebrate Life' cancer survivors' event. Every cancer patient deserves that kind of relationship with the team that practically holds your life in their hands.

Wishing my cancer care had been comparable!
    Wow! I think I must be in the wrong part of the country. Definately not what I have experienced at my hospital. Sometimes I get the feeling I am getting annoying to my doctors office. I do push a little, ask a lot of questions... basically expecting the treatment you have received. I called and left a message for my doc to call me yesterday on the 2nd biopsy results. He called back and said "didn't Dr. Clouse (radiation oncologist who i just happened to have f/u appt with) give you those results?" He did, but the doctor directing my care never did. I said I still need to know where we go from here? It is very frustrating and sometimes makes me a little apprehensive about asking questions and advocating for myself. I frequently have to remind myself that I hired him and I am paying him to take care of me. He should be asking what he can do for me!!! The problem here is that there are 2 major hospitals and your insurance either covers one or the other. So there is no competition, he is the only gyn/onc at my hospital and he knows i am stuck with him. I am finding that the system at my hospital is very broken! I just found out Friday that there is an alternative medicine group at the cancer center I have been going to since September of last year!
    Anyway, you are very lucky to be treated like a VIP as you should be!