one step back (update)

Patteee
Patteee Member Posts: 945
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I had been feeling so good after hernia surgery, almost 3 weeks ago. I do wear a hernia belt and will for several months. So I take off yesterday for the hour drive north to an education retreat (I am a teacher). Didn't feel so great when I got there- and it went downhill from there. Got a ride over to the ER- CT scan showed a pool of fluid around incision- temp of 101, WBC elevated and owie did that hurt. They drained off 55cc of fluid- wasn't an abscess, fluid did not appear infected. Sent home with pain pills and antibiotics. Called Mayo this morning, they are requesting the CT scan and I will see that doctor there on Wednesday.

First real adventure I have been on since cc dx 14 months ago. Oh well- the ER doc said to look at the bright side, it wasn't an abscess and he wasn't admitting me to the hospital. YEEEAH- I guess :)

Comments

• angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    THAT IS
    GOOD NEWS WHO WANTS TO STAY IN THE HOSPITAL ANYWAYS. GET BETTER SOON

MICHELLE
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    ER adventure
    Wow, that really does sound like an adventure! Did the dr. give you any ideas why something like that would happen? Seems strange.

Hope you're feeling better and the results of the CT are GOOD!

Hugs,
    Krista
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Please be careful next
    Please be careful next time.I guess the long driving wasn't a good idea. Please get well soon and hope you are feeling ok now.
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945

ER adventure
    Wow, that really does sound like an adventure! Did the dr. give you any ideas why something like that would happen? Seems strange.

Hope you're feeling better and the results of the CT are GOOD!

Hugs,
    Krista

Hi Krista,
    The doc called it

Hi Krista,

The doc called it a seroma. He said it is fairly common with hernia repair, the body's reaction to the mesh they use. The problem now is more from the infection and getting that under control. The Mayo doc wants to check it out herself, concerned over an infection almost 3 weeks out from surgery. Still pretty sore, but the tordahl (sp) helps.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Wow
    I'm sorry that this has happened to you, but glad you got it taken care of. I hope you feel better real soon.

Kim
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Sorry
    Sorry about the setback, but I'm glad you didn't have to stay in the hospital.

*hugs*
    Gail