Chemo Brain Sets In

Options
aztec45
aztec45 Member Posts: 757
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
All,

I think I experienced my first Chemo Brain episode. The other day I could not remember how to insert a photo in a file. It was my 10th hour at work and I was tired but I do this every day.

But today it was pretty obvious I had Chemo Brain. I came home from work and was changing out of my work clothes. Not only did I put my shorts on backwards, for some reason I was going to put my socks in the trash instead of the hamper. No, the two are not in the same location. Then I decided to take my mom out to grab a sandwich. I notice this guy in this car just stairing me down. I thougt to myself, "Yeh, you want to get with this." At least I thought that until I felt a breeze graze across my BALD HEAD. I just laughed my Arse off. No wonder he was looking at me so intensely. I said who cares. I went and grabbed my sandwich without any caps although my mom was ready to rush in and grab a hat. Ain't she the greatest.

Sometimes all you can do is laugh to keep from crying. Like my chemo treatments have been stopped until my insurance company agrees to pay. Such ba$@*rds. They had given us a written authorization earlier this month. Then they lied and said they did no such thing and that they needed all kinds of info regarding my treatment and the clinical trial protocol. It is not like they are giving me something that the Hulk drank. So now they say they will not pay until the Corporate Office approves it. I think I am going to sue their arses. They are just playing games because they have to pay in full as I have satisfied my deductable.

Is it me or are we all going through some major s--t at this point in time. Good luck to us all. Circle the wagons and rally them angels.

P

Comments

• outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    You know P
    as far as insurance goes,the clinical trial RN at my cancer center told me one time that it's all in how you "word" what you are going to be treated with.You must have a clinical trial protocol nurse at your clinic/hospital-ask him/her about what I said and how to word things. You are totally right-it's not something that the "Hulk" drank-it's still chemo drugs.
    That's funny about your bald head. I remember one time during chemo when my hubby and I went out to eat at the Olive Garden with friends of ours. I was wearing a hat that was a little loose fitting. My friend came over to give me a hug,and my hat popped off. I didn't really care-had gotten to the point where I was tired of having to hide myself all the time anyhow. My husband said that I got some pity stares,but I didn't have to see it,so I didn't care-was just glad that the "cat was let out of the bag" I guess!
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Okay... not laughing at
    Okay... not laughing at you.... laughing with you... roflmao....I am so glad your in good spirits... I have heard of chemo brain... but not put quite so cutely!!! Yes... sometimes all we can do is laugh at the irony....

And just as an FYI... I hate insurance issues.. that is the last thing that any of us should have to deal with when our energy should all be focused on kicking the beast in the arse....

Now.... just so you know... some guys are into no hair... so maybe he was checking you out!!

Hugs

~T
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    taleena said:

Okay... not laughing at
    Okay... not laughing at you.... laughing with you... roflmao....I am so glad your in good spirits... I have heard of chemo brain... but not put quite so cutely!!! Yes... sometimes all we can do is laugh at the irony....

And just as an FYI... I hate insurance issues.. that is the last thing that any of us should have to deal with when our energy should all be focused on kicking the beast in the arse....

Now.... just so you know... some guys are into no hair... so maybe he was checking you out!!

Hugs

~T

It's Cool
    It's cool. You can laugh. It made me laugh. I enjoyed the cool breeze. My head gets hot and itchy all covered up in this heat. I am sure I will be crying about the the cold in the winter. Never happy. :)

P
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    aztec45 said:

It's Cool
    It's cool. You can laugh. It made me laugh. I enjoyed the cool breeze. My head gets hot and itchy all covered up in this heat. I am sure I will be crying about the the cold in the winter. Never happy. :)

P

Okay.. soft warm furry hat
    Okay.. soft warm furry hat for you in the winter... but who knows.. it may very well be your own...

Hugs to you my friend.

~T
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    taleena said:

Okay... not laughing at

Hugs

~T

We can laugh???
    OK, because my gut was about to burst!!! HAHAHEHAHA......HEHEHAHEHE!!! :) Pammy
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    OK, I'm done laughing....
    I really did enjoy your story though.
    I just battled a similar issue with my former insurance company. They sent the approval, the procedure was done, then they denied it. Well, it will get overturned and ok'd. Mine did. But they have 30 days to respond and mine gave word on the 30th day!! It is sickening how much power they have (knowing they'll ok it!!) and we (or our employer) are paying the premiums!! So pay out already!! Honor your contract for what we are paying for. We kept up our end, they need to keep up theirs. Oh, sorry for the rant, sore spot with me when it comes to insurances. They can just as easily contact the Doc's office and request that the proper codes and wording be resubmited. I am learning to lighten up though as our new company has been an absolute pleasure to work with!! :) Pammy
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

OK, I'm done laughing....
    I really did enjoy your story though.
    I just battled a similar issue with my former insurance company. They sent the approval, the procedure was done, then they denied it. Well, it will get overturned and ok'd. Mine did. But they have 30 days to respond and mine gave word on the 30th day!! It is sickening how much power they have (knowing they'll ok it!!) and we (or our employer) are paying the premiums!! So pay out already!! Honor your contract for what we are paying for. We kept up our end, they need to keep up theirs. Oh, sorry for the rant, sore spot with me when it comes to insurances. They can just as easily contact the Doc's office and request that the proper codes and wording be resubmited. I am learning to lighten up though as our new company has been an absolute pleasure to work with!! :) Pammy

I have my doctors call my
    I have my doctors call my insurance company for the approvals. Why should I? They have the codes and know what to say. That way, you don't have to get involved and upset.

:)