Kim is Home from Gall Bladder Surgery

Sundanceh
Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hey Everybody

Just thought I would take a minute to let you know that the gall bladder surgery was a success and went through without complications.

I've got her home now, her meds in her, and got her laying down resting and hopefully sleeping awhile. She's in pain but is to be expected with that kind of surgery. She told me she understands a little bit about the abdominal numbers I've had done.

I was worried for her having to go through it, but know she will be feeling better after she recovers and not be in the pain she's been in for quite awhile.

I showed her and told her about all the prayers and best wishes that you gave her. She was very touched and appreciative and wanted me to post her SINCERE THANKS to everyone out there - the great big family that you are!

I'm going to go and check on her but just wanted to let you guys know.

And thank you so much from me that you did show her that great love - that meant a whole lot to me as well.

See you guys
-Craig

Comments

• eric38
    eric38 Member Posts: 583
    I am so glad Kim is doing
    I am so glad Kim is doing well and recovering nicely. As we well know, surgery is never fun. She`s lucky to have a caring husband. I`m sure she has probably done her share of taking care of you when it was needed. You just just recently found this site but you have had her all along.

Eric
  • ittapp
    ittapp Member Posts: 383 Member
    So glad she is home and
    So glad she is home and resting!!! God Bless you both, Patti
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    eric38 said:

I am so glad Kim is doing
    I am so glad Kim is doing well and recovering nicely. As we well know, surgery is never fun. She`s lucky to have a caring husband. I`m sure she has probably done her share of taking care of you when it was needed. You just just recently found this site but you have had her all along.

Eric

I agree with Eric,any
    I agree with Eric,any surgery is not fun.I am so happy to know that Kim had a succeful surgery.Just let her know I sent her my best wishes and hope she is going to have a quick recovery.You are a great husband,thanks for your update.
  • punch_vj
    punch_vj Member Posts: 88
    Happy to hear Kim is well on
    Happy to hear Kim is well on the road to feeling better :) take care of each other.

Blessings,
    V.
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    punch_vj said:

Happy to hear Kim is well on
    Happy to hear Kim is well on the road to feeling better :) take care of each other.

Blessings,
    V.

Prayers Answered
    Hey Craig.... So glad to hear Kim came thru everything ok. Tell her she is still in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Take care

Jennie
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    I'm glad
    I'm glad she's home,and I hope she gets better very soon.I'll pray that she recovers quickly.
  • Julie 44
    Julie 44 Member Posts: 476 Member
    karguy said:

I'm glad
    I'm glad she's home,and I hope she gets better very soon.I'll pray that she recovers quickly.

Yippeee
    Yippeeee she is home and doing well....Mind if I ask a few questions about her surgery???? I have an appointment to have that done and two hernias repaired at the same time..So I have some questions for her if she doesn't mind.....JULIE
  • Sundanceh
    Julie 44 said:

Yippeee
    Yippeeee she is home and doing well....Mind if I ask a few questions about her surgery???? I have an appointment to have that done and two hernias repaired at the same time..So I have some questions for her if she doesn't mind.....JULIE

Sure Julie, Ask Away
    Hi, Julie

You still around? You can ask from this post or PM me if you want to.

Will be more than happy to try and help you.

Craig and Kim
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    glad to hear it
    Hi Craig,

Glad to hear your wife is doing well following the gall bladder surgery. She's a lucky gal to have you around- your strength emanates.
    Blessings and prayers to you and her-

Lisa
  • donnare
    donnare Member Posts: 266
    Hi Craig,
    So glad everything

Hi Craig,

So glad everything went well and Kim is home resting. A close friend of mine just had her gallbladder removed also, and she is feeling much, much better. I'm sure after some rest and recovery Kim will be feeling much better too.

All the best to you both,
    Donna
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Wonderful
    That is wonderful news that the surgery went successfully and she is home and doing well. Hoping that she recovers completely and speedy.

Kim
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Great to hear it!
    I had my gallbladder removed during the resection surgery, so i didn't have to deal with the laproscopic injuries. My boyfriend just had it done, and he was miserable for quite a while!

I hope that drainage tube wound heals as quickly as the laproscopic ones!

Many hugs,
    Krista
  • Julie 44

Great to hear it!
    I had my gallbladder removed during the resection surgery, so i didn't have to deal with the laproscopic injuries. My boyfriend just had it done, and he was miserable for quite a while!

Many hugs,
    Krista

Scared
    Hey there,
    So I was wondering if Kim is able to do normal activities with the drain in??? On a scale of 1-10 how much pain is she in???? I do not have a high tolerance for pain...I am asking because I will have 2 1/2 weeks after surgery before I have to go back to work. The doc says I should be fine just don't lift anything but like I said I very little pain tolerence..How long does the drain have to stay in??? One more question how long was she in the hospital???? I was told 2-3 days depending on my hernias and infection factor.....Thanks so much for your help just trying to calm myself down....................JULIE
  • Sundanceh
    Julie 44 said:

Scared
    Hey there,
    So I was wondering if Kim is able to do normal activities with the drain in??? On a scale of 1-10 how much pain is she in???? I do not have a high tolerance for pain...I am asking because I will have 2 1/2 weeks after surgery before I have to go back to work. The doc says I should be fine just don't lift anything but like I said I very little pain tolerence..How long does the drain have to stay in??? One more question how long was she in the hospital???? I was told 2-3 days depending on my hernias and infection factor.....Thanks so much for your help just trying to calm myself down....................JULIE

Here's Some Info
    Hi Julie

Thanks for asking - I talked to Kim and here is what she had to tell me, just seconds ago:

She apparently did not get a drain in - looks like the gall bladder came up through her belly button - she is bruised up pretty good there and in the other 4 surgical incisions they made, but the bruising should subside - looks puffy, they closed her with surgical glue.

She was walking around and trying to do things small yesterday and sitting up and laying down, but today she has been in bed most of the day - she probably pushed too hard yesterday. She needs a couple of down days I think and she can try again.

Her pain is down around a 2 or 3 now - they have her on Darvocet and we have been taking it on schedule, so the pain does not get away from her. So that is the key - first few days take the meds and then beginning cutting back.

She's not supposed to lift anything heavy, so definitely avoid that...even getting bottles or something out of the fridge, just get help or have it in very small containers that is not heavy will work...we poured some milk down in smaller containers, so she does not have to go for the jug when I'm unavailable at work or something.

She is going to be out about 3 weeks herself and then go back to work if all goes well, so that's a good time period - you might be ok with that too.

Her hospital stay was only one day - but she only had gall bladder surgery and you have the hernia procedure to go through and she did not.

I'm speculating but I would think with a drain it would be in between 3-7 days and since you will be in the hospital for 3 days, they might take it out while you are there. Hospital sounds good for about 3 days with the infection factor.

They did not give Kim any antibiotics to take after she left, so I'm looking for infection over here too, but so far so good - not running fever and pain is under managed control.

We're thinking about you - drop us a line when you go to surgery - I want to say a prayer for you and will be thinking of you as you go through the procedure.

I know you will be ok and will come through this just fine! If you come up with any other questions, I'll run them by "our patient" and see what she says.

Pain meds will be the key for you - stay on 'em early and often and this will help your recovery period.

Take care, Julie

-Craig
  • Julie 44

Great to hear it!

Many hugs,
    Krista

Scared
    Hey there,
  • Julie 44
    Sundanceh said:

Here's Some Info
    Hi Julie

Thanks for asking - I talked to Kim and here is what she had to tell me, just seconds ago:

She apparently did not get a drain in - looks like the gall bladder came up through her belly button - she is bruised up pretty good there and in the other 4 surgical incisions they made, but the bruising should subside - looks puffy, they closed her with surgical glue.

She was walking around and trying to do things small yesterday and sitting up and laying down, but today she has been in bed most of the day - she probably pushed too hard yesterday. She needs a couple of down days I think and she can try again.

Her pain is down around a 2 or 3 now - they have her on Darvocet and we have been taking it on schedule, so the pain does not get away from her. So that is the key - first few days take the meds and then beginning cutting back.

She's not supposed to lift anything heavy, so definitely avoid that...even getting bottles or something out of the fridge, just get help or have it in very small containers that is not heavy will work...we poured some milk down in smaller containers, so she does not have to go for the jug when I'm unavailable at work or something.

She is going to be out about 3 weeks herself and then go back to work if all goes well, so that's a good time period - you might be ok with that too.

Her hospital stay was only one day - but she only had gall bladder surgery and you have the hernia procedure to go through and she did not.

I'm speculating but I would think with a drain it would be in between 3-7 days and since you will be in the hospital for 3 days, they might take it out while you are there. Hospital sounds good for about 3 days with the infection factor.

They did not give Kim any antibiotics to take after she left, so I'm looking for infection over here too, but so far so good - not running fever and pain is under managed control.

We're thinking about you - drop us a line when you go to surgery - I want to say a prayer for you and will be thinking of you as you go through the procedure.

I know you will be ok and will come through this just fine! If you come up with any other questions, I'll run them by "our patient" and see what she says.

Pain meds will be the key for you - stay on 'em early and often and this will help your recovery period.

Take care, Julie

-Craig

Thanks
    Kim and Craig,
    Thank you so very much for all the info...Tell Kim to slow down alittle and don't do to much...Wish you both the best and thanks again...
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Julie 44 said:

Scared
    Hey there,

I'm Sorry....
    ...I must have been in the hospital during this time Craig, and didn't know she was having surgery, I'm glad Kim is doing well, she has a great lovegiver taking care of her! she's definitely lucky to have you there for her, and her for you :)

Abdominal incisions are quite painful, and I have one due to the blockage I had. It's just very sore for the first couple weeks, but try not to do too mmuch at once :) I was released just a few days after the surgery, we waited a couple weeks to not do the surgerym to see if it would resolve itself...but it didn't resolve, and I was more or less wanting to change eating habits.

They will give you good meds for the pain Julie, but you will still feel some sort of "soreness",

I wish you well with the surgery~

Hugssss!
    ~Donna
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    Shayenne said:

I'm Sorry....
    ...I must have been in the hospital during this time Craig, and didn't know she was having surgery, I'm glad Kim is doing well, she has a great lovegiver taking care of her! she's definitely lucky to have you there for her, and her for you :)

Abdominal incisions are quite painful, and I have one due to the blockage I had. It's just very sore for the first couple weeks, but try not to do too mmuch at once :) I was released just a few days after the surgery, we waited a couple weeks to not do the surgerym to see if it would resolve itself...but it didn't resolve, and I was more or less wanting to change eating habits.

They will give you good meds for the pain Julie, but you will still feel some sort of "soreness",

I wish you well with the surgery~

Hugssss!
    ~Donna

Good News
    I am glad she is doing well it will hurt for a while but is does get better i know i had the surgery too. best wishes for a speedy recovery.

michelle
  • linda5508
    linda5508 Member Posts: 2
    congrats
    Glad to know nothing went wrong and your gallbladder removal was a success. God bless you.
  • luv3jay
    luv3jay Member Posts: 533 Member
    Let Kim know that we are
    Let Kim know that we are prayer for her speedy recovery!

-Sheri