San Diego semi-colons!

kristasplace
kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Serrana was wondering when the lot of us can get together and meet! I thought i'd put a post out there for anyone to make suggestions on when and where. My boyfriend is working every one of his days off because of the trolley incidents that have been happening (he's a trolley cop, and they've been doubling up on armed officers for fear of gang retaliation). I rely on him to drive me around, so i can meet on just about any day after 3 pm, but it can't be too late cuz he goes to bed around 8 pm. So that's my schedule. Any ideas?

Hugs,
Krista

Comments

• serrana
    serrana Member Posts: 163 Member
    san diego semi colons
    Serrana here.......could we delay ( again) as Lisa and I are in limbo about scans and treatment recommendations for new "spots" just found.......I am wondering if we should call ourselves the "leopardesses". Stay tuned. We might have our meeting at Thorton next to my bed. LOLsort of .
  • kristasplace
    serrana said:

san diego semi colons
    Serrana here.......could we delay ( again) as Lisa and I are in limbo about scans and treatment recommendations for new "spots" just found.......I am wondering if we should call ourselves the "leopardesses". Stay tuned. We might have our meeting at Thorton next to my bed. LOLsort of .

Hello Serrana!
    Of course we can delay! Any time when everyone is feeling up to it, we can plan it. It's easier for me because the narcotics keep things at bay.

The leopardesses would be very cute, and very accurate! Hopefully these leopards can lose their spots, though.

Let us know how your scans go! I'm thinking about you both, and hoping for good news!

Hugs,
    Krista
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    leopardesses
    Hey from your fellow leopardess- rowrr! LOL!
    I'd love to get us all together but, like Serrana said, let's see what the both of us will have going on in the next few weeks. Then I'll definitely be looking forward to having us meet!

Hugs,
    Lisa
  • serrana

Hello Serrana!
    Of course we can delay! Any time when everyone is feeling up to it, we can plan it. It's easier for me because the narcotics keep things at bay.

The leopardesses would be very cute, and very accurate! Hopefully these leopards can lose their spots, though.

Let us know how your scans go! I'm thinking about you both, and hoping for good news!

Hugs,
    Krista

san diego semi colons
    Krista, if you don't mind my asking, what narcotics are you taking?
    How do you know they aren't making things worse?
    Serrana
  • kristasplace
    serrana said:

san diego semi colons
    Krista, if you don't mind my asking, what narcotics are you taking?
    How do you know they aren't making things worse?
    Serrana

Narcs
    Hi Serrana! I'm mixing my drugs up these days for two reasons. One, i know the narcotics constipate, so i don't take too many of those. Two, the other over-the-counter pain drugs can damage your organs. So i usually take 500 mg tylenol one day, 800 mg ibuprofen another day, and then the 5 mg oxycodone another day. Usually it only takes one pill to kill the initial bad stuff. Sometimes i'll have to take one of each pill if it just won't go away. Most days i'll suffer even if one pill won't do it. I just hate taking pain meds. I'm so nervous i'll get addicted to them. The problem is, they really make a difference in the quality of my life. If it wasn't for them, i couldn't dream of leaving the house.

Hi Lisa! Any time you and Serrana are ready, just let me know. Have you talked with your onc yet? I remember you said you were discussing your scan results with him today. I will check back here, or to see if you create a new post.

Take care, both of you!
    Krista
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    yeah went to the Dr.
    Hi Krista,

Yeah I did have my onc appt today. It was good and we discussed all aspects of my situation, treatments, etc. I'll post a new thread.

Talk to ya soon-
    Lisa
  • serrana
    lisa42 said:

yeah went to the Dr.
    Hi Krista,

Yeah I did have my onc appt today. It was good and we discussed all aspects of my situation, treatments, etc. I'll post a new thread.

Talk to ya soon-
    Lisa

san diego semicolons
    Lets stay connected Leopardesses.........
    Serrana