im back from the abyss

2»

Comments

• lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    onward and forward!
    Hi Mary,

What an awful ordeal you've been through! I'm glad to see you're now home again and are on the mend. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you to recover and feel well soon.

Take care and blessings to you from now on-
    Lisa
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
    lisa42 said:

onward and forward!
    Hi Mary,

What an awful ordeal you've been through! I'm glad to see you're now home again and are on the mend. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you to recover and feel well soon.

Take care and blessings to you from now on-
    Lisa

So glad you are home
    Take one day at a time. I hope you feel a little better each day!

Dawn
  • WinneyPooh
    WinneyPooh Member Posts: 318
    SO Sorry,
    Mary,
    I am new to this whole cancer, but i have to have liver surgery in october, Did you have liver surgery, are these complictian normal, Sounds like other had same complications, is this what i can expect?
    the only part of this cancer that scares me is this. I need to know?
    Glad you seem to be road to recovery and you seem like a very strong person,
    Winney
  • regslady
    regslady Member Posts: 37
    Oh My!
    You must be incredibly frustrated by all that happened. I'm glad you feel like you are on the road to recovery...best wishes the rest of that road is speedy and stress-free.
  • regslady
    regslady Member Posts: 37
    Oh My!
    You must be incredibly frustrated by all that happened. I'm glad you feel like you are on the road to recovery...best wishes the rest of that road is speedy and stress-free.
  • rrob
    rrob Member Posts: 158
    Glad you're back!
    Mary,

Glad you're back and sorry it's been such a rough ride. You are tough! Keep fighting and hope things start getting easier from here on out.

Rebecca
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    snommintj said:

Infections are miserable
    I hear you loud and clear on the infection bit. Did you ever get septic? What a scary situation that is. Well, it's good to know things are looking up. I was plagued by infection for 4 months. I had countless surgeries and wound packs. I had three j-p drains and a pump all at the same time almost 2 months after my surgery, I didn't get the last one out until 4 months after. You'll be glad to know that the body heals very quickly once the infection is gone. I was feeling near perfect less than 30 days after my last drain was removed. But even better than that was the quickness with which my pain subsided. Good luck, you'll be feeling better in no time.

thank you
    I know from your past postings that you, indeed, know where I am coming from. It is good to hear that those darn infections will eventually clear up and that I have "normal" to look forward to. I just found out today that I have ANOTHER pocket of "fluid" that will require a new drain. I went in for a CT scan to see if we can remove the 2 j p drains I have on either side of my wound and that's the new news. My new surgeon hasn't read the scans yet, so he couldn't say if those 2 can be removed, but there will be a new drain in my abdomen in the next day or so. After the initial shock and disappointment, I once again am ready to move on.
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    thank you everyone
    for your responses. I appreciate them all. As far as the abdominal muscles, they will be left to atrophy until such a time in the future when I will need hernia repair surgery. Yea, more surgery. Not sure if they can do the entire abdomen at once, since it will obviously require that mesh stuff, and how the heck will they get it all to come back together???? Not my concern right now, however, I've got infections to heal, food to eat, and possibly some surgeons to sue :). And no, while complications like mine aren't RARE, they certainly aren't normal. I've had 2 previous abdominal surgeries with NO such complications.

Thankfully I had extra weight at the time of original surgery, these infections, etc sure have eaten through the extra! It's still hard to tell just how much weight I've lost, but I sure am looking thin! I jump on the scale regularly to make sure I don't continue to lose weight, however, to satisfy my daughters :). Take care everyone and maybe it won't be so long until I get on again!
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator