femora

Options
pplsha
pplsha Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just started taking Femora and would like to know how other women are doing on it,such as side effects?

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Welcome, pplsha
    Glad to have you, welcome. We're all survivors, some caregivers, who support and encourage each other.

I take Arimidex, so can't specifically address your question. I'm sure others who can will eventually respond.
  • pplsha
    Options

Welcome, pplsha
    Glad to have you, welcome. We're all survivors, some caregivers, who support and encourage each other.

I take Arimidex, so can't specifically address your question. I'm sure others who can will eventually respond.

Thanks
    I don't know if I'm doing this right,I've never joined a chat room before.Thank you for responding.I hope I can be of help to everyone that writes me.Sharon,your new friend
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    pplsha said:

Thanks
    I don't know if I'm doing this right,I've never joined a chat room before.Thank you for responding.I hope I can be of help to everyone that writes me.Sharon,your new friend

Welcome, Sharon
    You are doing it right. This is a discussion board, but we also have a chatroom, I believe. People will see your question here and respond. It may not be as quick as a chatroom, but you will get plenty of "hits." I am not hormone receptor positive, so I'm not on any medication. But the majority of the women here are. Good luck.

Mimi
  • pplsha
    Options
    mimivac said:

Welcome, Sharon
    You are doing it right. This is a discussion board, but we also have a chatroom, I believe. People will see your question here and respond. It may not be as quick as a chatroom, but you will get plenty of "hits." I am not hormone receptor positive, so I'm not on any medication. But the majority of the women here are. Good luck.

Mimi

Thanks for the welcome
    I read your profile and hope all is well with you.Your new friend,Sharon
  • arbojenn
    arbojenn Member Posts: 118
    Options
    Welcome!
    Ihave been on

Welcome!

Ihave been on Femara for two months. So far, only mild side effects, mainly hot flashes and insomnia. I can actually see it working, though, so those heat moments are not bothering me. I went on femara after tamox when I had my primary cancer but quit after a year. Wish I would have stayed the course: my cancer came back four years later. I think the femara stayed in my system and protected me for those four years. This time, I will do the full course! Have you started taking it yet? Have you experienced any side effects?
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Hi pplsha! Just welcoming
    Hi pplsha! Just welcoming you to the site. I haven't taken Femora either, so, I am sorry that I can't help you with any info on the side effects.

Just wishing you good luck!
  • crazylady55
    crazylady55 Member Posts: 92
    Options
    i am on Femara
    I have been taking Femara for about 1 month. My doc warned that the menopause symptoms would get worse. So far only the night sweats are worse.

does anyone know if abdominal cramps are one of the side effects (just like period cramps).

The one side effect I have that probably no one else will get because it is the opposite of what they warn against is diahrea (bad spelling) instead of constipation.

I have also had headaches but that could be stress from going back to work.

I plan on sticking out any side effects because I have no intention of doing this cancer thing ever again.

Let me know how it goes for you.
    Crazy Lady (and getting crazier)
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    Options

i am on Femara
    I have been taking Femara for about 1 month. My doc warned that the menopause symptoms would get worse. So far only the night sweats are worse.

does anyone know if abdominal cramps are one of the side effects (just like period cramps).

The one side effect I have that probably no one else will get because it is the opposite of what they warn against is diahrea (bad spelling) instead of constipation.

I have also had headaches but that could be stress from going back to work.

I plan on sticking out any side effects because I have no intention of doing this cancer thing ever again.

Let me know how it goes for you.
    Crazy Lady (and getting crazier)

Femara..
    I've been taking Femara since August 1st this year. Side effects have been increased hot flashes...both more frequent and more intense...but nothing I cannot handle. So far, it has not affected my sleep, and my "plumbing" is working just fine too. Doctor is concerned that it will weaken my bones, so I also am getting a Zometa treatment once a month. I hope you do well with it. Hugs. Gracie