Pain in abdomen after liver resection

Nana b
Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I have an ultrasound scheduled this morning and wondering if I can have a cup of coffee, anyone know?

Dr office is closed right now.

Comments

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Wouldn't do it
    Good morning.

I'd hold off any liquids until after the procedure. Can't say for sure on ulatrasound, but my experience with any scans or tests, is that want you to be food and drink clear after midnight the day before the procedure.

It will be over soon and then you can enjoy something.

Just would not take the chance to give them something else to worry about.

-Craig
  • Nana b
    Sundanceh said:

Wouldn't do it
    Good morning.

I'd hold off any liquids until after the procedure. Can't say for sure on ulatrasound, but my experience with any scans or tests, is that want you to be food and drink clear after midnight the day before the procedure.

It will be over soon and then you can enjoy something.

Just would not take the chance to give them something else to worry about.

-Craig

thanks
    thanks
  • tammy41
    tammy41 Member Posts: 48
    i have had 3 ultrasounds and
    i have had 3 ultrasounds and they told me i needed a full bladder or they could not do it.have a nice day
  • Nana b
    nothing to drink
    Not even water........I had a couple sips of water and they left me have the ultrsound now I have to wait until my onc comes back on Tuesday to get results. I have pain right under my sternum and along my right side, and I am bloated!!!
  • tammy41
    tammy41 Member Posts: 48
    good thing you only had a
    good thing you only had a couple of sips of water and didnt listen to me.sorry you are not feeling well best of luck