I'm Peggy

peg73
peg73 Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
had a complete colectomy, temporary illeostomy, waiting on reversal. Anybody have problems with loss of kidney function post surgery?

Comments

• Julie 44
    Julie 44 Member Posts: 476 Member
    HI PEG
    Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the semi colon club...Can't help you with the kidney function just wanted to welcome you....I am sure someone will be able to help you here...Keep posting the people here are great...... JULIE
  • peg73
    peg73 Member Posts: 7
    Julie 44 said:

HI PEG
    Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the semi colon club...Can't help you with the kidney function just wanted to welcome you....I am sure someone will be able to help you here...Keep posting the people here are great...... JULIE

Thx for the welcome
    Hey Julie,

Thanks for the welcome, I am new to this and kind of feeling my way through it, have lots of questions and looking for information about living without my colon. It hasn't been easy so far, but am hopeful that it will get better. Peg
  • Julie 44
    Julie 44 Member Posts: 476 Member
    peg73 said:

Thx for the welcome
    Hey Julie,

Thanks for the welcome, I am new to this and kind of feeling my way through it, have lots of questions and looking for information about living without my colon. It hasn't been easy so far, but am hopeful that it will get better. Peg

Questions
    ask away we will all help you. Everyone has been there and done that in one way shape or form...Don't be afraid to ask alomost nothing is off limits(ALMOST)lol lol JULIE
  • luv3jay
    luv3jay Member Posts: 533 Member
    Hi Peg!
    Welcome aboard! I had a low anterior resection, but no problems with kidney function afterwards. I did develop a HUGE kidney stone that had to be surgically removed afterwards, but that was about it.

-Sheri
  • punch_vj
    punch_vj Member Posts: 88
    Welcome :)
    Sorry we all have to meet this way, for this reason :( But this is a warm, caring, and knowledgable place to be for a world of comfort, understanding and support!
  • daydreamer110761
    daydreamer110761 Member Posts: 487 Member
    punch_vj said:

Welcome :)
    Sorry we all have to meet this way, for this reason :( But this is a warm, caring, and knowledgable place to be for a world of comfort, understanding and support!

welcome
    Sorry, I'm not any real help, just wanted to say welcome to the board and introduce myself. Daydreamer/sherrie here, stage IIIc semicolon. Sorry we have to meet like this, but you found a great place for answers, I'm sure someone will be along who will have them.
  • pamysue
    pamysue Member Posts: 105
    Hi Peggy,
    I went into renal

Hi Peggy,

I went into renal failure right after lower anterior bowel resection surgery. The final guess what that I was way too dehydrated going in. I had chronic diarreah already and he had me do a bowel prep. I was scared and did as I was told and my kidneys crashed. It turned my 7 days in the hospital into 21. Then the Oxliplatin in the chemo went after my kidneys and I've been dumping Potasium and Magnesium ever since. Mag has gotten better. I'm still seeing a nefroligist and as a matter of fact I'm going in the morning for labs for him. I'm not sure if the Oxliplatin or renal failure have done permanent damage to my kidneys, my nefrologist says not, he will heal me!

I'm sorry you have to be here. :( But you have found a great place to come. If you have ostomy questions, problems, whatever, I would also reccommend
    http://www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=33
    These people know their way around a stoma and NOTHING is off limits there.

Take care hon,
    Pam