ugh! Round 4 of 8 today!

lmliess
lmliess Member Posts: 329
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Wish me luck...I am heading to round 4 of my Folfox plus Avastin today. I am enjoying an ice cold DR Pepper because I know I won't be able to for about 5 days. I swear I can already tast the metal and I am not even at the cancer center yet! Can I just say I dread this. I know I am 1/2 way done after today but I truely hate this.

Anyway - wish me an non side effect treatment!!!

Comments

• donnare
    donnare Member Posts: 266
    Hi
    Wishing you a completely side effect free treatment, and all good luck!!
    Enjoy your Dr. Pepper!

Donna
  • kidlife
    kidlife Member Posts: 8
    Hope you get your wish..
    I am headed for # 3 on Thursday and I am already feeling the nausea and the smell of it all. I also TRULY hate this. Hope the side effects don't interfere with taking care of my kids too badly. Just remember you've done it before, that may alleviate some of the fear factor.
    Will you be getting a scan after this one? My onc. mentioned I would be after #4.

Forcus on your baby and: Rest, rest, rest!!!

Naira
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Hi Imliess,you are on the
    Hi Imliess,you are on the half way already,I am pround of you,please keep going,you will get it done.You are in my prayers and I wish you have a non side effect treatment.
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Wishing you the best always...
    Hi, Linda

I can taste that Dr.Pepper all the way down here...ummm good! I've got a couple of those in the fridge...small 8 oz bottles with real Imperial Sugar...sooo good.

I'm wishing for you a good treatment with minimal to no side effects.

Ask your doctor/nurse team about some Magnesium Sulfate...it eases the cold sensations in the throat and if it works for you, guess what? You could be drinking COLD DP's the night of the treatment.

When that happened for me, I was less mad at the treatments...I hated that I could not drink anything cold for the 5 days out or so...this could be a miracle for you. Let me know if they give it to you and how it worked out. I was right around 4 or so when they started giving it to me if I remember right.

All my best
    -Craig
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Treatments
    Good luck on your treatment today. I know this really stinks. You said your counts were low so they must have been high enough to get treatment which is good. Like you said, you are half way there so look at that being the positive point. I know my doctor wouldn't give me the magnesium/calcium as she said this was something they were doing a lot of about 1-2 years ago but found it diminished the effectiveness of the chemo. I'm just taking the B-6 and I can drink something cold usually within 2-3 days. Hope all is going well today and let us know how you are feeling.

Kim
  • jenmojo
    jenmojo Member Posts: 1
    #9 of 12
    Hope all is good with your treatment! I feel your pain, as much as I want it to be over I hate the thought of going. The cold sensitive part is the worst and the trush in my mouth isn't much fun either. I have to tell myself it will be worth it when it's all said and done. Good luck!
  • eric38
    eric38 Member Posts: 583
    jenmojo said:

#9 of 12
    Hope all is good with your treatment! I feel your pain, as much as I want it to be over I hate the thought of going. The cold sensitive part is the worst and the trush in my mouth isn't much fun either. I have to tell myself it will be worth it when it's all said and done. Good luck!

Chemo sucks
    I just did #5 and will be on #8 by the time they rescan me. The onc thinks I may be ned already but he is making sure so hopefully #8 will be my last big treatment but we will see. I can definitely relate. I am getting tired of this too and even though I have not had any severe symptoms yet I am finding it increasingly hard as time goes on. What I hate the most is taking home my little buddy for two days. He increasingly sucks the life out of me and I feel the worst the two days after they remove him. He`s a little blood sucking leech but that is his job. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there - It will get better and you are going to feel lots better when they call you NED, which I believe will happen.

Eric
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    eric38 said:

Chemo sucks
    I just did #5 and will be on #8 by the time they rescan me. The onc thinks I may be ned already but he is making sure so hopefully #8 will be my last big treatment but we will see. I can definitely relate. I am getting tired of this too and even though I have not had any severe symptoms yet I am finding it increasingly hard as time goes on. What I hate the most is taking home my little buddy for two days. He increasingly sucks the life out of me and I feel the worst the two days after they remove him. He`s a little blood sucking leech but that is his job. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there - It will get better and you are going to feel lots better when they call you NED, which I believe will happen.

Eric

OK...direct the madness at the Cancer.......
    Hey Girl, Yeah it made me mad too because I couldn't drink or touch cold stuff, but ya know what, I learned a lot about myself. I learned how weak I really was, and I learned how strong I really could be when faced with opposing items. Wanna get mad ? then get mad at what tried to take your life away . Treat the disease with no respect and do it by walking in , sitting down, and doing the chemo, then walk away and say,"Take that"...thats what you send the anger to, the disease that you are whipping up on everytime you go in for a treatment. Use your anger to your advantage. Show the disease that it will not allow it to control you. The things that are saving you are the ones making you sick. Don't be angry at them, look cancer in the eye and tell it to shove it where the sun don't shine...Then lead your life the way you want to, not the way it dictates.....