I'm NED!

trainer
trainer Member Posts: 241
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Thank all of you for your prayers and support. In Nov. I had my colon resection, and then last month took the second of two PET scans and I just heard from the ONC that no cancer showed for a second time and that I'm NED. Yippee! Since I refuse to dance naked alone, how about a Happy Naked Conga Line. Never mind! Now that I think about it, that's not such a good idea!

I wonder if anyone on the board would want to take the Michael Jackson song "I'm Bad" and rewrite it to "I'm NED." That would be cool. It could have its world premiere at Colonpalooza.

My good news is tempered unfortunately by the untimely death of my sister in law in Kansas. She developed brain cancer and it was only a week from discovery to passing. Never heard of anything like it. It was a glioblastoma.

And now I'm going to go celebrate! At arm's length, of course!

Comments

• mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Go on...
    You go on and take off all those clothes! What great news!! Tonight I will toast to your NEDness. May it last forever!!!

Amy
  • lmliess
    lmliess Member Posts: 329
    Happy Dance~
    I love hearing stories about becoming NED because I know my day is coming too!!

I am still sorry for your family and your sister in law. I live in Kansas and Lawrence is only 30 miles from me. Just reminds us that life is short and we need to live it fully.

Linda
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    I am so happy for you!
    I haven't yet done my own naked happy dance, so let's do it together and start some rumors! What wonderful news in light of your family's sorrow.

Many hugs, and wild dancin'...Vicki
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    VickiCO said:

I am so happy for you!
    I haven't yet done my own naked happy dance, so let's do it together and start some rumors! What wonderful news in light of your family's sorrow.

yes sir good news.........
    Keep up the good work young man...great to hear.....congratulations
  • Julie 44
    Julie 44 Member Posts: 476 Member
    VickiCO said:

I am so happy for you!

Colonpalooza
    Excellent news I am soooo glad to hear that...Welcome to the NED club....
    Sorry to hear about your sister in law what a shock that must have been for your family..You and your family are in my prayers.....
    No naked dance here its not a pretty sight.lol lol...Congrats.....JULIE
  • grandma2selena
    grandma2selena Member Posts: 199
    Hooray!
    I am doing the naked conga with ya!! This is fantastic news. I would love to hear MJ's song rewrote to "I'n NED." I will have to ask an old HS friend that has his own band and see if he won't do that for us, and post it on the web for us!!

Sorry about your sister in law...but continue to celebrate you deserve it!

Debbie
  • trainer
    lmliess said:

Happy Dance~
    I love hearing stories about becoming NED because I know my day is coming too!!

I am still sorry for your family and your sister in law. I live in Kansas and Lawrence is only 30 miles from me. Just reminds us that life is short and we need to live it fully.

Linda

Kansas
    Which town do you live in. I'm originally from Atchison.
  • trainer
    Buzzard said:

yes sir good news.........
    Keep up the good work young man...great to hear.....congratulations

thanks
    And welcome back to you as well!
  • trainer

Hooray!
    I am doing the naked conga with ya!! This is fantastic news. I would love to hear MJ's song rewrote to "I'n NED." I will have to ask an old HS friend that has his own band and see if he won't do that for us, and post it on the web for us!!

Sorry about your sister in law...but continue to celebrate you deserve it!

Debbie

I'm Ned, I'm Ned
    Hope your band friend will write the new lyrics, that would be so neat. It would become the official anthem of the Semicolon Society! Thanks for the dance!
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    HI NED!
    Thanks for sharing about your nedness!!!! Great.
    I am very sorry to hear about your sister in law. So quickly, that must be very hard on your family. Praying for you.
    Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Great to be NED!Thanks for
    Great to be NED!Thanks for sharing the good news.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Wonderful
    That is awesome news. So glad that you get to celebrate such wonderful news.

You should be doing the happy dance - you deserve it.

Kim
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    So sorry!
    I'm so sorry about your sister in-law. What a shock!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    I'll start the song off.
    I'll start the song off. Y'all help me finish it:

I'm NED, I'm NED (has to be pronouced like the man's name)
    Still living, not dead.

That's all I've got right now. *L*

*hugs*
    Gail
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Way to go
    Dont you just love having your new friend NED around, Continue great health and that NED continues to be around forever!!!

Beth
  • elizabethgd
    elizabethgd Member Posts: 145

Wonderful
    That is awesome news. So glad that you get to celebrate such wonderful news.

You should be doing the happy dance - you deserve it.

Kim

Congratulations
    What great news!! You are where we are all hoping to be!!! DAncing that DAnce!! And may you dance for many years!!!!

I am sorry about your sister in law's passing. This must be extremely difficult for your family. May you all find strength from each other.
  • lmliess
    lmliess Member Posts: 329
    trainer said:

I'm Ned, I'm Ned
    Hope your band friend will write the new lyrics, that would be so neat. It would become the official anthem of the Semicolon Society! Thanks for the dance!

Kansas
    I grew up in Kansas City, Kansas right by Kansas Speedway. I know live in Gardner Kanas.

Good ole Kansas!
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NED has another partner. DANCE AWAY
  • jpamr5
    jpamr5 Member Posts: 3
    Congratulations
    Congratulations on your news...that is great!

I recently came upon this website, and wish I had found it a while ago. I see there are many great people out there giving support to others, so if you don't mind, I would like to join in the celebration!
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    jpamr5 said:

Congratulations
    Congratulations on your news...that is great!

I recently came upon this website, and wish I had found it a while ago. I see there are many great people out there giving support to others, so if you don't mind, I would like to join in the celebration!

mike
    That is very good news , take care

michelle