I'm Halfway There

Annabelle41415
Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I just got disconnected today from my 4th treatment and I'm halfway done. I can't believe that I posted just not too long ago about being scared, afraid of the unknown, and being the worst part of my treatment. I have been through the first treatment ok, second was very hard, then started taking vitamin b6 and it seemed better so I'm on my 4th and still doing ok. My platelet count was 102 going into treatment on Monday but they called the doctor and she said "go ahead and give it" and I was so glad. At 100 they won't give me chemo. My cold sensitivity to throat is still somewhat today and hands more so, but not like it was on second treatment. I believe that B6 has helped so much and I continue to take it.

I'm going to a cabin this weekend with one of our kids and going to watch fireworks right on the lake outside of my cabin. What better accommodations to have being right outside your front door. Looking so forward to getting away from the house and seeing a new view.

So glad that you are all here for me. Thanks for the support. Still need your prayers and support as I go through this second half which I know is going to be hard - but maybe not.

I am so tired this round though. I have slept Monday, and Tuesday when I got home from chemo treatments but for only an hour, but can't sleep at night. Only got 2 hours sleep on Monday, last night 3 1/2 hours and tonight who knows. My eyes are so tired and I'm so exhausted I can't seem to function, but I'm making it and that's all that counts.

Yipee - halfway there. Kim

Comments

• lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    Congratulations, Kim!!
    I am so HAPPY to hear you are doing so well, Kim. You have been a true inspiration for me. Your messages and positive thoughts have helped me so much. I am praying for you and please know you have my support! This will all be behind you before you know it! Have a great time on the lake.

((Hugs)),
    Liz

(Your new pic looks great!)
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Good job!
    That's the way, Kim! So glad you're getting to go to the cabin and relax for a while. Yes, the fatigue tends to catch up with you, but you are right on with the B6. I use it to augment the effects of the gabapentin for the neuropathy and it really does the job. I'm glad you got to go ahead with treatment even tho your numbers were kinda low. So take this time to rest and enjoy.

Hugs,
    Kirsten
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Hi Kim,it's so good to hear
    Hi Kim,it's so good to hear that you are halfway there.Next week will be my husband's half way for both chemo and radiation before sugery.We went to see the primary doctor this Tuesday,then doctor gave my husband Vicodin to release the pain on his leg,at least my hubby had a couple of good sleep overnight,and his appetite came back a little bit which is good.Anyway hope you have a great weekend,enjoy your 4th,July weekend.
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member

Hi Kim,it's so good to hear
    Hi Kim,it's so good to hear that you are halfway there.Next week will be my husband's half way for both chemo and radiation before sugery.We went to see the primary doctor this Tuesday,then doctor gave my husband Vicodin to release the pain on his leg,at least my hubby had a couple of good sleep overnight,and his appetite came back a little bit which is good.Anyway hope you have a great weekend,enjoy your 4th,July weekend.

good for you
    you are such an inspiration to us all.you are so full of hope for everyone .congrats on being halfway thru,myself i get unhooked today and then in two weeks will be my last one .keep on fighting girl....Godbless....johnnybegood
  • Carla1121
    Carla1121 Member Posts: 12
    Yay!!! :)
    Hi Kim,

So glad to hear you are halfway there! Congrats! Since I'm new here, I'm on a learning curve but I hope to become much more familiar with the site so I can be as proficient as you/everyone in responding, etc.

Enjoy your weekend with your family. What a lovely setting that will be on the lake. You must be thrilled!

Again - so happy for you,

Carla
  • lmliess
    lmliess Member Posts: 329
    How much?
    How much B6 do you take? My dr said 100mgs 2 x's a day and 10grams of L'Glutamine? I was taking that and slacked off so I am getting back on it.

I am one treatment behind you! I have 5 more after this week.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    lmliess said:

How much?
    How much B6 do you take? My dr said 100mgs 2 x's a day and 10grams of L'Glutamine? I was taking that and slacked off so I am getting back on it.

I am one treatment behind you! I have 5 more after this week.

B6
    Thanks all for your responses.

I'm taking just one 100 mg a day and I'm not sure what L'Glutamine is. My doctor never said anything about B6, I just asked her because I saw that other people had mentioned it here. Even though I only had the oxi on Monday, today I am able to drink and hold anything cold so I do think that 3 days was pretty good seeing that I have been accumulating the drug for six weeks.

Are you having any problems with the cold sensitivity? I can't remember if you are on the oxi or not. I know that drug is not fun at all. I'm really not having any problem with the neuropathy either. Just one little spot on the inside of the hand that I noticed on second treatment, but that has pretty much disappeared.

Kim
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    You're over the hump
    Glad you're halfway through now, Kim. You can see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Take care and start counting down!!

Lisa