lumpetomy -another step over

Options
peb
peb Member Posts: 23 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
well had the lumpetomy today. The doc told husband small and he got clear margins so hope he did after report. I see him on Tuesday to hear about pathology report. What kinds of things does that tell Me? I couldn't call it a no mishap day. Got there at 8 and after Iv put in I sat till 12. Then the doc came to perform surgery. Well they never put the wire in so I had that to do. Then I didn't have surgery till 3! He said I could swim etc on Fri if wanted . Was surprised at that.

Comments

• outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    peb
    Glad that your surgery is over and the clear margins is great!Sorry about the long day,bet you were very hungry when all was said and done.
    Let us know about your path report when you are able.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Clear margins are indeed a
    Clear margins are indeed a blessing~ sorry about the delays...it's always something, isn't it??? Keep us posted on your progress, and if you were given arm exercises to do, DO THEM! Even when they hurt and you swear you will never do another one! You don't want to have your muscles either freeze or atrophy~

Keep us posted! Happy 4th of July!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    peb....
    Very happy that your surgery is over, even though it was a very long day for you! Clear margins...wonderful!

Your path report from surgery will tell you all about your particular type of bc. Whether ER/PR+ and HER-2+. The size of the tumor, etc. It will help the docs stage and grade your tumor. Then your onc will know whether you will need any more kinds of treatment.

Now rest and recuperate from your long day!

Hugs,

CR
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    clear margins and small tumor
    both very good news. The rest you figure it happens.
    Glad for you, let us know when you get your reports.
    =^..^=
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Peb... I'm so glad to hear
    Peb... I'm so glad to hear they got clear margins, and the tumor was small.. I am so sorry that you had to wait so long...I hate that... Lucky for me I have a latex allergy so when I have surgery they always schedule it for the 1st surgery of the day.. that way no traces of latex are in the room... so I get there early 6 am.... and the stylish orange fasion jewlery..

Take it easy and don't over do.. and please let us know when the results are in..

Hugs

~T
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Clear margins and small
    Clear margins and small tumour! That's great news. Now we want to hear that the nodes are clean as well, so make sure you bring us that news too. I know it's cancer but I think that's grounds to celebrate so I hope you do!
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Great news!!
    Sorry you had a delay, that does make for a long day. Seems Tuesday is "the" day for a lot of us with Doctors!! They all must have big plans for the 4th! Keep us posted on the results. I'm not sure about the swimming? That surprises me too. I would still be resting and "dragging out" my recovery (love being waited on!). :) Pammy

Teleena....my jewelry was white! It matched everything! Including the Minnie Mouse gowns I had on. Yes, I had to wear children's since adults were too long! But they were cute!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

peb
    Glad that your surgery is over and the clear margins is great!Sorry about the long day,bet you were very hungry when all was said and done.
    Let us know about your path report when you are able.

Good news! Clear margins
    Good news! Clear margins peb!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    taleena said:

Peb... I'm so glad to hear
    Peb... I'm so glad to hear they got clear margins, and the tumor was small.. I am so sorry that you had to wait so long...I hate that... Lucky for me I have a latex allergy so when I have surgery they always schedule it for the 1st surgery of the day.. that way no traces of latex are in the room... so I get there early 6 am.... and the stylish orange fasion jewlery..

Take it easy and don't over do.. and please let us know when the results are in..

Hugs

~T

That is wonderful news peb!
    That is wonderful news peb! I can't believe you posted on here the day you had your lumpectomy. I came home and slept until noon the next day. I think they gave me too much anesthesia :(
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Great news!!
    Sorry you had a delay, that does make for a long day. Seems Tuesday is "the" day for a lot of us with Doctors!! They all must have big plans for the 4th! Keep us posted on the results. I'm not sure about the swimming? That surprises me too. I would still be resting and "dragging out" my recovery (love being waited on!). :) Pammy

Teleena....my jewelry was white! It matched everything! Including the Minnie Mouse gowns I had on. Yes, I had to wear children's since adults were too long! But they were cute!

Wonderful news! Clear
    Wonderful news! Clear margins and clean nodes! That is the best! Congrats!