Brain & Lung cancer

strausbaugh1
strausbaugh1 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Brain Cancer #1
I see I am not the only new one. Is Anyone out there as scared as I am? I have had brain and lung cancer for 2 years. I don't know if Ill die today or 10 years from now. Right now I am doing fine. I sure could use someone to talk to though.

Comments

• Gods Child
    Gods Child Member Posts: 1
    Hello
    I was recently

Hello

I was recently diagnosed with lung cancer w/mets to lymph gland in neck. The lymph glands were surgically removed and I have had chemo for the tumor. Today, I had a MRI and found out that I have a minute cancerous spot on my frontal lobe of the brain and I am scared too. It sounds like I will have to stop the chemo and go on radiation for awhile and see what happens. I wish I could say something so you wouldn't be so afraid but just hang in there. We never know what God's plan is for any of us and people have survived alot worse.
  • may52009
    may52009 Member Posts: 1

Hello
    I was recently

Hello

I was recently diagnosed with lung cancer w/mets to lymph gland in neck. The lymph glands were surgically removed and I have had chemo for the tumor. Today, I had a MRI and found out that I have a minute cancerous spot on my frontal lobe of the brain and I am scared too. It sounds like I will have to stop the chemo and go on radiation for awhile and see what happens. I wish I could say something so you wouldn't be so afraid but just hang in there. We never know what God's plan is for any of us and people have survived alot worse.

I can't stay on the computer
    I can't stay on the computer much longer as I've been answering emails from when I was in the hospital ( lots of them )but felt compelled to reply.

I have lung cancer that w/mets to liver and brain.

I had a brain tumor the size of a lemon in my brain and wad not aware til I was in the
    emergency room. One doctor said not operable the other said he thought he could get it. They operated and He did!!!!!! 2 weeks later I did radiation for 15 days to get any cancer cells that were left behind.

Final check one week later....Got all the cells.

Radiation wasn't all that bad. Makes you very tired. I wanted to get stronger before starting Chemo and am ready now. Doctor said as healthy as I am that it should go well!

Never give up!!!
  • annahud
    annahud Member Posts: 2
    Hi!
    I also am scared as hell. So dreadfully scared. They laid me off from the hospital where I was working for five years now. Supervisor so uncool stated, "Dang, who would have believed you would be still be alive in six months!" That statement floored me. I am having more ups and downs lately. Went through chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Just got done with the cyberKnife, five different sitting - painless - to the brain. So far, so good. Waiting for my MRI. Right-sided weakness I am dealing with. Taking Tarceva now for the lung cancer. Never smoked either.

All I can do is pray for the best and continue treatment. Going for total disability now. Life sucks or should I say cancer sucks. Hang in there, we are all in this unique club together - not by choice.
  • griffey
    griffey Member Posts: 8
    small cell lung cancer mestaized to the brain
    I was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer in September of 2008. I underwent 7 months of chemotherapy and 28 days of radiation. On July 6th I want to have a new catscan done. Upon receiving the results, it was found that the tumor was shrunk and no new growth. The bad news it had spread to my lymph nodes. I was suppose to restart my chemptheraphy. I was having problems with memory and confusion. Went back to the drs and they did a new catscan of my brain. The reults from this showed that the cancer had spread to my brain and central nervous system. Currently undergoing whole brain radiation for 15 days. My chemotheraphy has been put on hold. My wife and I are having a hard time right no dealing with this not knowing what's going to happen next. I have to depend on my wife to write this because I have a hard time composing sentences. I have to us a cane right now because of my balance. If you need to talk don't hesitiate.
  • mandy1979
    mandy1979 Member Posts: 1
    HI
    I would love to talk I just joined today and saw this was a little while back how are you doing?
  • marie_childress
    marie_childress Member Posts: 8
    Stage?
    What is your stage?
  • marie_childress
    marie_childress Member Posts: 8
    Are you in stage IV?

Are you in stage IV?