breast cancer spread to bone

NancySabet
NancySabet Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just found out 2 months ago. I am on hormon theropy and zometa, I get shots once a month. I had three diffrent opinions about my treatment and chose the hormon theropy for now, but I wonder if I should do chemo sooner than later. Any suggestion?

Comments

• Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Hi Nancy!
    Welcome Nancy! I am so sorry that the bc spread to your bones. I wish I

had an answer for you, but, I don't. However, just know that we are all here to support you

and to encourage you in any decision you might make. I wish you the best of luck!

Hugs, Jeanne
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Jeanne D said:

Hi Nancy!
    Welcome Nancy! I am so sorry that the bc spread to your bones. I wish I

had an answer for you, but, I don't. However, just know that we are all here to support you

and to encourage you in any decision you might make. I wish you the best of luck!

Hugs, Jeanne

Hello Nancy!
    Welcome Nancy. Probably none of us(or few of us) are qualified to help with that decision. Do you trust your doctors? Why did you make the decision you did? Have you done some reseaarch on the web? I'm not saying you made the wrong decision, because I don't know anything about it...but you have to feel secure about the decsion you make.

Like Jeanne has said, we are all here to support you and give you love and encouragement.

Keep in touch.
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Nancy, sorry to hear you are
    Nancy, sorry to hear you are going through this. If you have faith in your doctors then it makes it easier to feel confident in your treatment plan.

I wish you the best as you continue with your treatment. Please visit here often and keep us updated, ok? Eil
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Hello......
    Hello Nancy, and welcome.

As the others have said, if you trust that your doctors are doing the very best for you, then I would take their advice.
    If you have any doubts about your treatment plan, I would discuss it once again with your docs.
    If they recommended three different treatment plans, and then told you to choose what you want to do, I would ask them what THEY would recommend for a loved one.
    If they don't recommend one plan over another, I would be shopping for a new doc.

Hugs,

CR
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    CR1954 said:

Hello......
    Hello Nancy, and welcome.

As the others have said, if you trust that your doctors are doing the very best for you, then I would take their advice.
    If you have any doubts about your treatment plan, I would discuss it once again with your docs.
    If they recommended three different treatment plans, and then told you to choose what you want to do, I would ask them what THEY would recommend for a loved one.
    If they don't recommend one plan over another, I would be shopping for a new doc.

Hugs,

CR

Hi Nancy. I am so sorry. I
    Hi Nancy. I am so sorry. I wish you the best in your treatment! You might want to get a second opinion if you don't feel comfortable with your present doctors. Good luck!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    So sorry Nancy
    I am sorry that the cancer has spread to your bones. What kind of hormone therapy were you on? Tamoxifen or the Als? Your oncologist is the one to answer your questions about your treatment. I wish you the best of luck!
  • jhayslip
    jhayslip Member Posts: 11
    Keep looking for answers
    Nancy,

I am so sorry to hear your bc has spread. As the other posters suggested, I don't beleive anyone knows the best, most right, answer for everyone. Hopefully you and your doctors will find the options that will work best for you.

I recently worked on another blog post regarding new clinical trials that are trying to overcome cancer resistance to hormonal therapy http://ukhealthcare.uky.edu/forums/blogs/cancer-research/archive/2009/11/06/research-aiming-to-overcome-resistance-to-hormonal-therapy-in-breast-cancer.aspx

Participating in these clinical trials won't be for everyone either, but this may be an appropriate option for some people. I don't know if these would pertain to you.

John
    Facebook ID: John.Hayslip