I just came to know that my mom has stage 4 Lung cancer....I am in the shock

hopehope
hopehope Member Posts: 21
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
I have no words to to express my fear and sadness. My mom lives in India .She never smoked or even had second hand smokers around. Mom had 5 rounds of chemo and because of low blood count they stopped chemo on her. She is going through terrible pain and I am so helpless to console her. She had patches and all other pain medications but nothin is working. Cancer has spread from left lung to right luncg and then to one of the ribs. Please advice on treatment options. She has to take PET scan on Monday and see the if she need togo through chemo or radiation. I am trying to be bold and consoling her. Butmy poor mom is so scared and crying . I am praying go dto give her courageto face it. I am here in US and really really miss her every minute. I am planning to go back to India soon to take care of her.

All the Oncologis says that my mom has 6 months or 12 months or 18 months of time. I just dont know what to say. I searched in Iternet and came across the CANCER ALTERNATIVE TREATMENTS and especially so many medical clinics in MEXICO. Have you heard about it. Please advice your openions on Alternative cancer treatments in MEXICO.My mom lives in India. I have no idea what type of serious effects cause with this alternative medicine. I received phone calls from so many people saying they are Cancer surviours with this alternative treatments. PLEASE HELP. I DESPERATELY NEED INFORMATION> GOD..PLease help me

Comments

• stayingcalm
    stayingcalm Member Posts: 650 Member
    Wait for results
    It must be awful to be so far away - I feel for you hopehope! My suggestion would be to wait for results from the PET scan before you start thinking about "medical" clinics in Mexico. And unless you actually, personally know the people who have been calling you and can verify that they are speaking the truth, don't believe a word of it - there are so many scams out there! Good luck, and I hope for the best outcome for you and your mom.
  • hopehope

Wait for results
    It must be awful to be so far away - I feel for you hopehope! My suggestion would be to wait for results from the PET scan before you start thinking about "medical" clinics in Mexico. And unless you actually, personally know the people who have been calling you and can verify that they are speaking the truth, don't believe a word of it - there are so many scams out there! Good luck, and I hope for the best outcome for you and your mom.

I am praying god give strength for my mom to fight it
    Thanks for the advice
  • MichelleP
    MichelleP Member Posts: 254
    hope
    I'm so very sorry about your Mom. Reading your post brought tears and I will pray for both of you this evening. Please be cautious about treatments in Mexico though and do some research first.

I wish I had information to give you. The best advice I can give you is to try to compose yourself take a deep breath and be strong for your Mom, we both know she needs you to be strong for her now.
  • PBJ Austin
    PBJ Austin Member Posts: 347 Member
    MichelleP said:

hope
    I'm so very sorry about your Mom. Reading your post brought tears and I will pray for both of you this evening. Please be cautious about treatments in Mexico though and do some research first.

I wish I had information to give you. The best advice I can give you is to try to compose yourself take a deep breath and be strong for your Mom, we both know she needs you to be strong for her now.

Alternative treatments
    My heart goes out to you and I can feel your pain coming through. I know exactly what it's like to have a loved one with a grim prognosis. But I second the advice to be careful about alternative treatments in Mexico. I wish I could offer more advice but you are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • hopehope
    MichelleP said:

hope

Thanks for your prayers.
    I am praying god to give courage to the all people to stand and fight against Cancer. God please help us
  • hopehope

Alternative treatments
    My heart goes out to you and I can feel your pain coming through. I know exactly what it's like to have a loved one with a grim prognosis. But I second the advice to be careful about alternative treatments in Mexico. I wish I could offer more advice but you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Austin
    I am not sure about the alternative treatments. I feel helpless to help my mom.Thanks for your reply.