Pain after reconstruction 3 years later

Options
mdrodgers
mdrodgers Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had reconstruction of both breast 3 years ago June 30. I am still having a lot of pain around my breast and around my back. I have been to several Drs here and no one has had a patient with the same symptoms.They have no answers so I have to take pills to help with the pain.I don't want to take pills forever. Has anyone experienced anything similar? I am desperate.

Comments

• cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    sorry mdrodgers
    I have not had reconstruction, but that does not sound right, and I think you should push your doctors to find out what is wrong. It may be nothing, but the unknown is always hard on you. Others may be able to give more info, but please get it checked and let us know.
    =^..^=
  • mdrodgers
    Options
    cats_toy said:

sorry mdrodgers
    I have not had reconstruction, but that does not sound right, and I think you should push your doctors to find out what is wrong. It may be nothing, but the unknown is always hard on you. Others may be able to give more info, but please get it checked and let us know.
    =^..^=

Thanks catstoy
    I have had a MRI and the implants are ok but yes something has to be wrong.
  • mdrodgers
    Options
    cats_toy said:

sorry mdrodgers
    =^..^=

Thanks catstoy
  • jamjar62
    jamjar62 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    me too
    Hi...I also had reconstruction about 3 years ago. I don't have back pain but I have several places in my breast that continue to be sore. I know that a few of them are scar tissue because I have seen them on my mammogram films. I did not have a tram flap. I had.....can't think of the medical name....but it consisted of having abdominal tissue removed and then sewn into place via microsurgery. I had a doppler moniter in place to make sure the tissue took (that it continued to have a good pulse) and the place were the doppler was inserted is sore to this day if I put pressure on it.

I finally decided to quit worrying about it because my scans and mammos are clean and I seemed to be the only one worried about it!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    You need to really stress
    You need to really stress this to your doctors to find out if something is wrong. And, if they won't help you, get a second opinion. You should NOT be in pain 3 years later. Let us know!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    mdrodgers said:

Thanks catstoy

You really need to talk to
    You really need to talk to your doctors about this mdrodgers. I had a lumpectomy so I can't even imagine what you are going thru. Let us know!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Sorry mdrodgers. I hope you
    Sorry mdrodgers. I hope you get answers soon and some relief!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Sorry mdrodgers. I hope you
    Sorry mdrodgers. I hope you get answers soon and some relief!

Best to call your doctor and
    Best to call your doctor and let them help you. Good luck!