Port is in

Options
Kat11
Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ouch !! Hurts a bit. Did not feel anything when it was going in. I was in and out through the procedure. Everyone was super nice, glad another step is over. I guess they did not want the Left side girl to feel left out of everything. Thank you all for all the support, and getting me through another step in this journey.

Comments

• CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Hi Kat......
    Glad it's over with. Another milestone in your journey!

Yes, mine was pretty "tender" for awhile. But it's fine now. Just needs a bit of time.

Big ol' hugs!

CR
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Hey Katt
    Sorry it hurt, but at least it will make the chemo and blood draws so much easier!
    take care!
    =^..^=
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Kat.. I am glad that part is
    Kat.. I am glad that part is over for you... I'm sorry you hurt.. ouch... Know that you are in my thoughts... here is a gentle hug for you my friend.

~T
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Kat.. I am glad that part is over for you... I'm sorry you hurt.. ouch... Know that you are in my thoughts... here is a gentle hug for you my friend.

~T
  • confused123
    confused123 Member Posts: 251
    Options
    taleena said:

~T

Mine bothered me a lot at
    Mine bothered me a lot at first, I have a weak stomach for things like this. I hardly know it is there now.. Hope the same happens for you.

Kim
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    You will be so glad you have a port
    I really am glad to have had a port. You can get some cream called EMLA that you apply an hour before the port needs to be accessed and it will be painless. Lynn
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Brave Kat...
    I hope the soreness goes away quickly for you. Glad you have that part behind you now. :) Pammy
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    taleena said:

~T

Kat, I am glad that the port
    Kat, I am glad that the port is in and that you are done with that. You are in my thoughts!
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Brave Kat...
    I hope the soreness goes away quickly for you. Glad you have that part behind you now. :) Pammy

Kat ...
    Well ... you've taken one more big step ... good for you! You will be so glad you've got the port once they start blood draws and chemo. As was mentioned above ... ask for a prescription for the EMLA cream ... put in on an hour before your treatment ... and you won't feel a thing.

I love my port! I can't imagine being poked with needles all the time. I'd spend most of the time passed out on the floor.

hugs.
    teena
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    I'm glad
    that step is behind you,Katt!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Things will be so much easier....
    I had my port for both cancers, and they even fed me thru it (after I whinned ALOT about being hungry!!!) during a bowel obstruction from my colon cancer....

The only time I felt it was when I would bump it with something...like a computer that I was replacing...

Here's to another step toward the end of treatment!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

Things will be so much easier....
    I had my port for both cancers, and they even fed me thru it (after I whinned ALOT about being hungry!!!) during a bowel obstruction from my colon cancer....

The only time I felt it was when I would bump it with something...like a computer that I was replacing...

Here's to another step toward the end of treatment!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Your port is in Kathy? That
    Your port is in Kathy? That is good. Wishing you all the best! When do you start chemo?