Post Menopausal - Start bleeding again?

Options
DianeBC
DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Has anyone here been post menopausal, taken tamoxifen, and, then started their period again? I read where that has happened to some. Thanks!

Comments

• Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Hi DianeBC
    I can't answer this, sorry. But, if this has happened to you, you best call your doctor and see what is going on. I am not taking tamox as of now. Holding off.

Good luck!
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    DianeBC
    sorry, but I don't take tamoxifen either, but yes, call your doctor just to make sure everything is ok
    let us know
    =^..^=
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Need to check it out...
    As others have already recommended, you really need to contact your doctor. My onc consistently reminds me that if this sort of thing happens, I have to let him know right away.

Best wishes to you.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    I was on Tamoxifen and
    I was on Tamoxifen and started spotting. The onc did a blood test to find I was in menopause and sent me to a OB/GYN. I ended up having a D&C for uterine polyps. See your onc and tell him.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

I was on Tamoxifen and
    I was on Tamoxifen and started spotting. The onc did a blood test to find I was in menopause and sent me to a OB/GYN. I ended up having a D&C for uterine polyps. See your onc and tell him.

Thank you everyone!

Thank you everyone!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Thank you everyone!

Thank you everyone!

You need to tell your
    You need to tell your doctor. There are many things that can cause this including uterine cancer and that is one of the things that happens (rarely) from tamoxifen. Be agressive in having this looked into. Any bleeding after menopause should be looked into and especially when you are taking medicines that affect hormones.
    Don't panic though because there are many other causes for this as well, fibroids, cysts, etc.
    Just don't ignore it.
    Stefe
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

You need to tell your
    You need to tell your doctor. There are many things that can cause this including uterine cancer and that is one of the things that happens (rarely) from tamoxifen. Be agressive in having this looked into. Any bleeding after menopause should be looked into and especially when you are taking medicines that affect hormones.
    Don't panic though because there are many other causes for this as well, fibroids, cysts, etc.
    Just don't ignore it.
    Stefe

I don't know about this.
    I don't know about this. You should call your doctor. Good luck!