Here I am again doing late night searches on the web

snommintj
snommintj Member Posts: 601
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Deja vu! I think I was doing a bunch of this late night searching last year about this time. Once again I've been both encouraged and discouraged by what I find. Results of failed clinical trials, promising new treatments, stories of renewed life and death are abound. Oh what fun. I did stumble upon on promising little clinical trial. It is a phase 2 trial enrolling a plethora of cancer types including both advanced colon and thyroid cancer. So I will talk with my oncologist about it in a few hours. The study is for fostamatinib disodium. It supposedly works by blocking enzymes cancer needs to reproduce. There have been promising results in the lymphoma clinical trials. Including significant numbers of complete responses to lymphomas that had been previously unresponsive.
I'll get over myself in a few days and get back to a normal routine but until then I'll be doing a bunch of reading. Good night all.

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    One man's night is another man's morning
    John, have you ever heard of colloidal silver and it's benefits for all sorts of things?

I hope things go well with your visit later today, it certainly has been a grueling road for you.
    -phil
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    PhillieG said:

One man's night is another man's morning
    John, have you ever heard of colloidal silver and it's benefits for all sorts of things?

I hope things go well with your visit later today, it certainly has been a grueling road for you.
    -phil

Spartanburg Colon Cancer Survivor
    I met Jo-Ellen who is a colon cancer survivor in Spartanburg. She is a patient advocate with the Gibbs Regional Cancer Center. She has an active support group too. If you would like her contact info, let me know. Hang in there! We are pulling for you!
  • dixchi
    dixchi Member Posts: 431
    Hope
    Hope and knowledge are two very strong weapons to have in
    an arsenal for this battle and you seem to have a lot of
    both. I am believing you will see 2010. Hold fast.

Huggs,
    Barbara
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    dixchi said:

Hope
    Hope and knowledge are two very strong weapons to have in
    an arsenal for this battle and you seem to have a lot of
    both. I am believing you will see 2010. Hold fast.

Huggs,
    Barbara

Searching
    I'm hoping that your searching helps you gain the information you need. Good luck with your visit today. Wishing you well and the best in all your treatments.

Kim
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member

Searching
    I'm hoping that your searching helps you gain the information you need. Good luck with your visit today. Wishing you well and the best in all your treatments.

Kim

John
    You have inspired me threw out angels illness you are so strong I wish you the best . How is your wife doing? This can;t be easy for you or her.

michelle