futurama

Options
confused123
confused123 Member Posts: 251
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I know I am anxious to hear from you, I am sure everyone is. Hope it was nothing but let us know what happened.

Kim

Comments

• Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    I think we all are anxious
    I think we all are anxious to find out what happened. Pretty scary!

Hopefully, she will post soon and relieve our minds.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

I think we all are anxious
    I think we all are anxious to find out what happened. Pretty scary!

Hopefully, she will post soon and relieve our minds.

I hope everything is ok, I
    I hope everything is ok, I am with you I hope she is able to post soon.
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Kat11 said:

I hope everything is ok, I
    I hope everything is ok, I am with you I hope she is able to post soon.

Hoping that everything is
    Hoping that everything is going well... Keeping you in my thoughts!

~T
  • futurama91
    futurama91 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    taleena said:

Hoping that everything is
    Hoping that everything is going well... Keeping you in my thoughts!

~T

Well, we went to the dr
    Well, we went to the dr yesterday and they drew her blood to see if she has cancer or who knows what. How long should it take to find out? I'll call them tomorrow.
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options

Well, we went to the dr
    Well, we went to the dr yesterday and they drew her blood to see if she has cancer or who knows what. How long should it take to find out? I'll call them tomorrow.

Is that the......
    Is that the only testing that they did? Just the labwork? Didn't they have anything to say about the bleeding and other symptoms? An educated guess from them??

CR
  • arbojenn
    arbojenn Member Posts: 118
    Options
    CR1954 said:

Is that the......
    Is that the only testing that they did? Just the labwork? Didn't they have anything to say about the bleeding and other symptoms? An educated guess from them??

CR

me too
    I am surprised, too! Maybe he suspects something that can be discovered with a blood test. Otherwise, I can't imaging ruling out things with a blood test only.
  • futurama91
    futurama91 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    arbojenn said:

me too
    I am surprised, too! Maybe he suspects something that can be discovered with a blood test. Otherwise, I can't imaging ruling out things with a blood test only.

He seemed convinced that she
    He seemed convinced that she has anorexia nervosa. The thing is, I will be really surprised if that's the case, because she is not obsessed with being thin. She does try to eat.

He looked up her seizure med and it said that anorexia can be a side effect. I called the neurologist, spoke with his assistant, she said that while zonegran can cause a loss of appetite, it doesn't explain the other symptoms.

So...what om earth?

Now I just don't know what to think. I know that my daughter is really sick. She has lost 26 pounds. I just want to know what's wrong and what to do.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options

He seemed convinced that she
    He seemed convinced that she has anorexia nervosa. The thing is, I will be really surprised if that's the case, because she is not obsessed with being thin. She does try to eat.

He looked up her seizure med and it said that anorexia can be a side effect. I called the neurologist, spoke with his assistant, she said that while zonegran can cause a loss of appetite, it doesn't explain the other symptoms.

So...what om earth?

Now I just don't know what to think. I know that my daughter is really sick. She has lost 26 pounds. I just want to know what's wrong and what to do.

I have a friend on seizure
    I have a friend on seizure meds and it does cause weight loss. What about the concern for cancer ?